Subway South LTD

Subway South LTD Employee Reviews

An established and progressive company that offers opportunities for growth, self learning and career development for all who want these things whilst maintaining a fun and enjoyable workplace for all colleagues. My role is multifaceted and so each day offers different challenges that I have to tackle and I am aided in this by a supportive and engaging senior management team who help me achieve the goals set before me.
Pros
Multiple training opportunities.
Fast paced and growing company with lots of chance to give input. Great place to work with a closely with individuals but also given lots of freedom.
I loved my time with this company. I have never had such great training, guidance and support from any employer.My colleagues and the working environment were so much fun! nothing like a boring office.When I got an opportunity to further my career elsewhere it was a very difficult decision but they were so supportive. I hope to return one day.
Pros
Colleagues, Training, Support
25 February 2021
We loved having you and were sad to see you go!But good luck in your new adventure. We know you'll absolutely smash it.
I loved working for CeX and GDMP There were loads of opportunities and development for people willing to work hard. GDMP were like a family! I learnt loads about commerciality, HR, leadership and people management
25 February 2021
We were sad to see you go and have missed you since you left!However we're so glad that we have stayed in touch and can see how successful you have been in your new role!
This company is among the worst I have worked for, I cannot speak for other franchises, but GDMP is not well managed in the slightest. I was meant to train for 4-6 weeks before being put into my permanent store in Wandsworth. In total I only got 10 days of training before I was put into a different store to train, before being told after the fact that it was now my permanent store, five miles away from where I applied to. I recieved no further training and had to figure out the rest on my own. I was then threatened with dismissal and forced to request a demotion after becoming overwhelmed with the la I of proper anything within the store, which caused me to make a single transaction error. Meanwhile certain members of staff had lost the company significant amounts of money through errors and had not been disciplined. After this event I no longer recieved my contracted 40 hours per week, despite not having signed any new contracts. This week I am working just over 20 hours. I suggest that if you choose to work for this company, you ensure that the store you are applying to is not a franchise. All they care about if making as much money as possible right now, with no regard for how their behaviour will affect the business in the future. It's quite honestly disgusting
Pros
The fun collegues
Cons
Managment, Area Management
25 February 2021
We're really sad to read this. This definitely isn't the experience we want our staff to have and hope that this is the exception rather than the rule.When we went through such rapid expansion from 6 store's to 23 our infrastructure didn't grow at the same rate, which definitely created some challenges and caused us to drop the ball in some areas. I'm really pleased to say that since this review we have completely overhauled our Senior Management team and have placed a big focus on staff engagement, training and development.Whilst we weren't able to correct these things in time to improve your experience, we're really proud of the company we are today.
Really bad problem with bully culture in upper management. If you bring up problems you only get punished. Very toxic unwelcoming environment especially in RMA. If you value being treated like an individual with value avoid
25 February 2021
This is really disappointing to read. We're sorry that you had a poor experience working for us.We take bullying and harassment extremely seriously. No staff member at any level should ever feel that way. We have extremely comprehensive HR guidance, policies and processes and all accusations of this kind are treated with the utmost seriousness. There are secure and anonymous whistle blower channels for feedback to ensure discretion in these sensitive situations. We also provide detailed HR training so all of our Management at every level have the tools to identify and address conduct and capability issues.
I worked at CeX for a year, they treated everyone like rubbish! The other sales assistants were great but the rest was awfull. Hours were always longer than the rota said and the lunch break was half an hour regardless of your shift length (sometimes 8.30am til 9.30pm). No fridge or microwave so always had to go and buy lunch. Even after working there for a year, doing the best I could they were bias about who would be offered supervisor and management roles (often outside hiring). Just an absolute trainwreck.
Pros
The sales team
Cons
everything
25 February 2021
Such a shame to read reviews like this one. I'm really sorry that you had such a poor experience working with us.We now have a digital system for recording working times that ensures every staff member is paid to the exact minute that they worked. Removing the possibility of human error. This has been extremely successful and welcomed by all staff.During your tenure we went through such rapid expansion from 6 store's to 23. Unfortunately our infrastructure didn't grow at the same rate, which definitely created some challenges and caused us to drop the ball in some areas. I'm really pleased to say that since this review we have completely overhauled our recruitment process including comprehensive recruitment training for all management.our internal recruitment is greater than 85% across all vacancies which is something we're really proud of. We love recruiting from within and the existing CeX experience is always a plus for candidates.Whilst we weren't able to correct these things in time to improve your experience, we're really proud of the company we are today.
I wouldn't recommend working here, unless you want higher management treating you like rubbish. A zero hour contract with no benefits. And a lot of hard work for nothing. They hire outside of the store and don't offer promotions in store unless literally no one applies. It isn't worth the pay and although a lot of the FLOOR staff are lovely, its the higher management that don't care if you are unhappy and will happily screw you over time and time again. In all honesty I'd rather someone shove a 50ft pole through my eye than I would work here again.
Pros
The old Floor staff that have been in store around 7months or more.
Cons
The rest of the bloody job.
25 February 2021
Seeing experiences like this is really disappointing and I'm really sorry that your experience with us was a poor one.Staff engagement, training and development is one of our highest priorities and in the 3 years since your review we have come on leaps and bounds. However we are always looking to keep listening and improving. When we went through such rapid expansion from 6 store's to 23 our infrastructure didn't grow at the same rate, which definitely created some challenges and caused us to drop the ball in some areas. I'm really pleased to say that since this review we have completely overhauled our Senior Management team and have placed a big focus on staff engagement, training and development.Whilst we weren't able to correct these things in time to improve your experience, we're really proud of the company we are today.
  1. Employee reviews