Subway

Subway Employee Reviews

Found 2,607 reviews matching the search
it’s a fast pass job, you must be able to deal with customers all the way down the line and it’s perfect for people wanting to come out of their shell. my experience so far has been good and i would recommend it to anyone for a first time job or a side job.
Pros
discount on food
Took a while to get off minimum wage but flexible hours and good co workers, easy to swap/change shifts, great place to work whilst at school/of you have young kids
Poor people to work for manipulating and bully's get what they want from you without any contracts then decide to let you go without any warning! Scum that's what I say worked my butt if for a company that couldn't give me the time of day.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
No full training was given at all, I was left alone in the store with no supervision before finishing my training. No organisation, management is poor, if something is wrong you will take the blame for it even if it’s not your fault, not enough staff, only one person to serve customers, serve food and take, prepare and send online orders you get on the Subway app, Just Eat, Uber Eats and some other online platforms at the same time. If you can’t handle all of that you will get told off, even when it’s physically impossible unless you don’t mind you send your online orders anhour late and then get customers' bad reviews and complains.So much stress and responsibilities for too little money, not worth. They expect you to do too much when they won’t even train you or help you properly. So many times you won’t be able to get a break.Also management staff shared confidential and private information (my address and private phone number) to other staff I don’t know and I have received unwanted visits at my home which gave me really bad anxiety feelings since I knew my privacy and personal info had been breached. Unacceptable. Too many things need to change in this place to be a decent place to work in. Completely a nightmare. If someone doesn’t do their job properly you will have to take responsibility of it and do your own job aswell.Also if you can’t do a certain shift they will tell you to find someone to replace you when that shouldn’t be your job or concern.Would not recommend working here until things truly change.
Cons
Rude and generally unpleasant / dismissive of personal issues and low pay for hard work and long hours. Management is rude and just overall not a nice place to work
Pros
50% off
I am at uni, required certain days off, but due to being so understaffed I was regular working 6 days a week. Despite regular conversations with the area manager about how my uni work was suffering, they simple said 'well we are understaffed so there is nothing we can do'. Complete disregard for employee wellbeing, and didn't care about the stress levels of those who worked there, only cared that you were there for your shift. When you are there for shift, they treat you like dirt, nit-picking, and criticising all the time. When I did hand in my notice. I noted how my uni work was massively suffering and that I was really struggling with my mental health, and couldn't maintain working 6 days a week. My area manager simply messaged me and said 'are you really leaving us like that? You know how hard it is to find staff. Sorry but thats not fair on anyone'. No care for my wellbeing, only that they didn't have anyone to do my shifts.Glad I left. Not worth the stress for minimum wage. Maybe they should try treating their staff better, then they wouldn't have such a high turnover.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed, underpaid, treat staff like dirt, toxic environment
It wa fun and worked really well,friendly respectful I had great time wish still there to be honest. It was stressful Wen busy but workers were helpful.
Disgusting experience with me , I worked there for almost 2 months but I didn't get my pay , I also complained many times , one year passed but I didn't get salary
Pros
Cons
Long hours, didn't get payment on time
Really enjoyed it everyone friendly even though I only worked one day a week I felt that I was appreciated. Only had to leave cos of Covid or I would of still worked there now.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Had to get train
Manager is very nice and we are paid very fairly, the job role is good and has learnt me a lot, hours are great and all of the employees are treated fairly by all management!
Pros
Very good job and We all enjoy the job
Cons
No cons
The team members were very nice, we all got on well and had good team work and co-operation with one another, however we only had one good manager the whole time I worked there, other than that the managers were petty, childish, unprofessional, or crooks.However the top management are very good and so are the owners.Over all the work-life balance was good, the atmosphere was friendly and fun and the work wasn't too demanding.I would recommend this type of work to high school or college or university students as a part time job, or mothers who have been out of work for a while and need to take employment quickly that is flexible around the school hours.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible shift patterns.
Cons
Long hours, unprofessional supervisors.
If you enjoy working in a very fast paced environment then subway is for you. You must be able to work swiftly and productively as part of the team. A knowledge of food hygiene and stock rotation is a must for this job. I spent 5 happy years working for subway!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
lack of support for workers during pandemicmanagement are terrible and rude (depending on franchise)not able to be transferred or given the opportunity to come back during holiday periodspay was messed up almost every month underpaid, getting paid time on rota not time working
Pros
free lunch
Cons
almost everything
the staff in thetford are rude and unbecoming if the business they represent. Over worked and underpaid and back stabbed by other staff members. The Carbrooke staff members are much the same. No team team spirit. Just a self serving and equally manipulative. Deliberately not completing tasks the evening before for the morning staff. Loading them with unnecessary work. The senior management of the store which the subway is in cannot be faulted in any capacity.
Pros
Staff discount.
For the majority, of the time your on your own.You are expected to do the work of two three people. On shift, you will oversee all aspects, of delivery, serve customers, preparation, cleaning.If not complete, reprimand, no teamwork, poor bullish management. Late payment, and very poor hours given
Pros
Depends on franchise.
Cons
Store evaluation, monthly, with very very strict rules. Atmosphere very stressful.
Because it’s a franchise owned separately by different people just following someone’s rules it makes you feel like all they want is money they don’t really take care of the staff not in the one I worked at anyway because it’s a zero hour contract one week they can quite literally say sorry they have nothing to give you I really hated working there because of staff and management not because of the actual job
Pros
Cons
Manager
Really Enjoyed my time working here , there was some downs but mostly ups, the people I worked with and the manager at the branch was so nice and it was like a family. Have no faults apart from Tbings didn’t get fixed properly like the AC in the summer never worked etc but no other faults
Pros
Free lunch, friends
Cons
Minimum wage
Poor management. Minimum wage for a lot of responsibility. No help in progression. Unpaid breaks and no free lunches. Only got a rota on a Monday night for that week of work. Expected to do so much work for nothing in return! Overall horrendous, don’t work here unless it’s your last option.
Cons
Wen I worked here, I did enjoy working in ABERGELE subway, great staff, and manger was lovely. To work with. And to be fair I miss working there. Yes it can be stressful, most jobs are!
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Buy ur own food
This was my first job, never will I go back! Extremely unprofessional environment, managers made me feel soo low and unwanted. Took me off work with no warning have left me with nothing!Also did the same to many others whilst I worked there
Cons
I have always loved working with food, I have done from leaving school. I always thought how hard can it be to make a sandwich. Until I started and realised its not an easy process, learning from the proofer the oven, the toaster. Not to mention all the different sandwich combinations. Then all the salad prep the defrost and everything else. But now I'm there I love the team I work with. And I love my job.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Not enough hours
  1. Employee reviews