Subway
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Subway Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

i would get in for around 11am before it started to speed up during rush hour from 12am till 1pm, at this point we could serve anywhere from 20 to 100 customers. After this we would begin to clean up around the store and then get ready for after school customers, witch is usually fast pace but bearable if your on your own. all in all the experience of working at subway was really enjoyable and a great learning experience.
Pros
flexible
Cons
fast pace
The team members were very nice, we all got on well and had good team work and co-operation with one another, however we only had one good manager the whole time I worked there, other than that the managers were petty, childish, unprofessional, or crooks.However the top management are very good and so are the owners.Over all the work-life balance was good, the atmosphere was friendly and fun and the work wasn't too demanding.I would recommend this type of work to high school or college or university students as a part time job, or mothers who have been out of work for a while and need to take employment quickly that is flexible around the school hours.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible shift patterns.
Cons
Long hours, unprofessional supervisors.
I’ve worked at subways for two years now and starting from 17 years of age I feel like the employee can dump a lot of responsibility on young people. Such as doung morning shifts alone and closing up with one person who isn’t a senior- no help given. The minimum wage isn’t worth it at all for the amount of responsibility you take on for a job that overworks and exploits you. The physical work of carrying boxes was not expected especially for different size people. I am quite small so carrying heavy meat boxes is a difficult strain on my back.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage, lack of team work and leadership.
Its a fun stop gap job, the people who you work with are brilliant the manager was great and listened to you, intense but rewarding at the end, easy and really flexible for hours.
Pros
Decent discounts and people who work there
Cons
The washing up
Area managers and owners responds to you not being happy about a few things state it’s in your contact, when it’s not. Always keep a copy of your signed contract, as they will update contract on the system and not tell managers. All Stores are under staffed leaving stores to be unclean and dirty. Staff underpaid and managers underpaid, yet they are expected to drop everything when staff don’t show up, staff leave making managers work extra hours and then they don’t get paid for it. Training is always half arsed and not long enough. After being made to feel unhappy and used in my job I spoke to the area manager and owner, long story short basically I was made to feel worse than before I went and that I shouldn’t bothered telling them how I was feeling and I was in the wrong for doing so, being told I wasn’t good at my job that I had been doing for years.
Pros
Good job to get yourself started
Cons
Under paid for the stress, no free meals, no breaks but will happily take it out your wage, no support, breaking the law, low hours for staff, all they care about is money not the health and well-being of their over worked staff!
After working at subway for a few weeks where you can do no wrong you then realise how poorly managed it is. My shifts were regularly changed without me being asked or even told, then when I didn’t turn up (due to not knowing I was meant to be in) I would be in the managers ‘bad books’ and treated in a very petty manner where I was refused extra shifts.
Pros
Cheap subway food
Cons
Very badly managed, very childish behaviour from management
Working there gave me a opportunity to work it also meant I learnt how to deal with a fast paced environment and met new people every day it was different every day
Pros
Shifts suitable to me
Cons
Pay
you have to be fast and able to think on your feet, dinner is the busy time, but it can get busy when football/rugby/ice hockey is on. The management is good and fair, also a good laugh. the hardest part is when you are on your own and kids come in and start causing trouble. other than that its great.
Unless you are young under 18 there not interested in giveing you a job 0 hour contract min wage no bonus no support given ll about makeing money not about the staff
I look forward for the start of the day at Subway. I myself am a cheerful person and love to spread smiles around me. Love customer interaction and helping my colleagues. I prefer to call myself a sandwich designer as doing the sandwiches is my thing. I love cleanliness and that works for my job. All work place culture is diverse we have a lot of customers as Skipton is the gateway to Dales and we have to serve tourists from different countries and getting to know their culture is something that I like doing
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Poor management in the store I worked it which shall not be said. Terrible pay, not very flexible hours, clocking in and out was a nightmare. wouldnt not recommend.
Not the best place to work but as a young student it is a foot through the door to get some experience. Friendly staff but franchise bosses tend to be lazy
I worked here for 2 months only. I saw many people doing trials (free staffing for lunch times), heard so many previous staff have problems. And I am taking them to tribunal for non payment of holiday pay. They ignored my messages & even gave me attitude over it. It wasn't even much but like I said I have heard from current & previous staff about them taking money from wages or not paying.
Was a generally pleasant working environment, however manager could have been far more considerate for personal requirements. There was often times where ei would have been embarrassed in front of customers by the manager.
Stressful workplace, lots of duties and requirements by manager and never finish on time. Tight deadlines and not paid enough for the work you do within a sales assistant role
I am enjoying working at Subway from the perspective of developing customer service skills, and looking at ways in which the brand is marketing. The most enjoyable part of the job is the free employee meals and i would say the hardest is to manage everything when you are on your own. duties included: - serving customers - cleaning - cashing up at the end of the day and closing the franchise at the end of the day
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Going into work everyday was not a problem as it was a fun environment to be in aswell as hardworking. The colleagues around me were very supportive during times help was needed, which makes the job easier and better. The most enjoyable part of the job is making peoples customised subs as you get to see different combinations people enjoy eating. On the flip side, the most difficult part about the job is keeping up with the customers, as 1 leaves another 2 would come in so it really tests your skills
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
A typical day is often busy as there are a lot of customers coming in and out especially if the franchise is located in a busy area or close to schools. I've learned a lot there such as leadership skills and communication skills. The management, however, was not good as my manager would often forget to order more supplies like cheese and never actually gave any training to me when I first got the job and I had to learn on the job but, even then I didn't really get trained properly. In a way, I was basically just making guesses half of the time. The workplace culture was good at first but, over time the other employees you work with often lose their temper and don't really know English that well. There is this one employee that I work with who constantly shouts and does not do the job properly as she often forgets to prepare certain food and disappoints a customer dropping our sales. The hardest part is just getting through the rush hour and working with disrespectful employees. The only enjoyable part of the job is probably talking to customers and taking their orders. Overall, my experience in the franchise that I worked in wasn't great. I am not sure what it is like in other franchise but, mine is definitely not worth working at.
Pros
Free food
Cons
disrespectful employees and late pay
I enjoyed my time working at subway as I got along with all my co-workers which made completing tasks easier and more enjoyable. The management were also very caring and helped me with any issues I had and made me feel very welcome.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Minimun wage
staff underpaid for the responsibilities and duties your expected to do. Being left alone to open and close, management have no idea how to run the shop.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
customers
Unprofessional environment. It involves a lot of cleaning, maintaining a clean workplace but it can get very busy and demeaning during rush hour. Staff members are friendly and you get free sandwiches for lunch.
Pros
Free lunches