Subway

Subway Employee Reviews for Team Leader

It is extremely fast paced and you must be able to deal under pressure. The best part about the job is you get a free 6 inch whilst at work, however it may differ depending on the franchise.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The work is easy enough when done correctly, however, a lot of the jobs are poorly optimized and the staff are not treated well.Poor pay and a high turn over in staff should inform the upper management of issues and even when told about issues they are rarely listened to or sorted
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Poor Pay
The owners are rude and disrespectful to anyone who may have a difference in opinion, the managers put up with far too much, and food regulations aren’t stuck too. Owners have refused to pay former employees their holiday.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Awful ownership
Basically a manager just minimal pay. Working 10+hours alone working night shifts alone. Management is very poor and won’t give you the hours needed. Either too many workers or too little. Don’t work for RDF leisure!
Pros
Cons
Everything.
No full training was given at all, I was left alone in the store with no supervision before finishing my training. No organisation, management is poor, if something is wrong you will take the blame for it even if it’s not your fault, not enough staff, only one person to serve customers, serve food and take, prepare and send online orders you get on the Subway app, Just Eat, Uber Eats and some other online platforms at the same time. If you can’t handle all of that you will get told off, even when it’s physically impossible unless you don’t mind you send your online orders anhour late and then get customers' bad reviews and complains.So much stress and responsibilities for too little money, not worth. They expect you to do too much when they won’t even train you or help you properly. So many times you won’t be able to get a break.Also management staff shared confidential and private information (my address and private phone number) to other staff I don’t know and I have received unwanted visits at my home which gave me really bad anxiety feelings since I knew my privacy and personal info had been breached. Unacceptable. Too many things need to change in this place to be a decent place to work in. Completely a nightmare. If someone doesn’t do their job properly you will have to take responsibility of it and do your own job aswell.Also if you can’t do a certain shift they will tell you to find someone to replace you when that shouldn’t be your job or concern.Would not recommend working here until things truly change.
Cons
For the majority, of the time your on your own.You are expected to do the work of two three people. On shift, you will oversee all aspects, of delivery, serve customers, preparation, cleaning.If not complete, reprimand, no teamwork, poor bullish management. Late payment, and very poor hours given
Pros
Depends on franchise.
Cons
Store evaluation, monthly, with very very strict rules. Atmosphere very stressful.
Poor management. Minimum wage for a lot of responsibility. No help in progression. Unpaid breaks and no free lunches. Only got a rota on a Monday night for that week of work. Expected to do so much work for nothing in return! Overall horrendous, don’t work here unless it’s your last option.
Cons
I loved working at subway as the team I was with was great like a family unit I learned a lot from the job especially when it comes to dealing with the public but also with working within a food working environment.
Pros
Flexible hours around college
Cons
Pay
Great job if you're stuck for things to do. The pay is shocking, and there's no much room for growth. But it was stress free, and you get to eat great food.
Pros
Not stressful, friendly, good food
Cons
Shocking pay
This was my first job after college and it was perfect for introducing me to the working world and meeting new people. The teams are small enough that you become close to all your colleagues and you learn alot of skills that can be used in many careers further on. My only complaints come from how certain franchise owners can treat staff sometimes. They have a habit of prioritizing profits over things such as quality of training. Most of the time they are fair to work around your life with your work schedule however
Pros
Learn lots, retail experience, food hygeine experience
Cons
Low pay, can be alot of work when busy, occasional bad customers
Once you get used to the job you can do it with your eyes shut, although I always felt like timings were very tight and had to be strictly followed, a lot of the time we were understaffed which made the time restrictions a little hard to follow, but all in all I really enjoyed working at Subway and would still be there if circumstances were different.
Company are okay to work for however not concerned for health both physical and mental. Keep staff member alone of shift for opens and close. Had to go on sick leave for two weeks was threatened with losing my job forms where not put through despite being told constantly they have still not been paid sick pay and this was a few months ago!! Not to mention I was never once made to sign a contract 😬
Pros
Food, friendly staff
Cons
No concern for wellbeing
The Wrexham stores are the worst I've ever worked in. The owners have no disregard for their staff, barely even know any of their names even though some people had been there around 5 years. You are constantly left on your own by management sometimes doing a 9 hour shift on your own, doesn't matter if it's busy and the customers are angry because there is nothing you can do because you are on your own. Managers barely ever order the right amount of stock or just don't order at all. If you have a child you can get an amazing 9 hours a week doing three 11am-2pm shifts, despite being told you would be guaranteed 16 hours per week. If you are between the age of 16-18 you may as well say goodbye to the weekends and hello to a whopping £4.20 an hour. If you are above 18 and able to do the close shifts then say hello to working every single day non stop for minimum wage and the owners slave mentality. You never get praise for the good work you do or practically running the shop because the manager is nowhere to be seen. Also if you happen to get sick and take a day or two off welcome to you're not getting any hours for the next two weeks, as a punishment. So overall I rate Subway Wrexham a big fat 10/10 for not recommended and will never recommend. - Xoxo gossip girl
The job is not very demanding, however they do not provide a fair salary or any benefits. It is easy to communicate with management staff, however they do not care about any issues presented to them.
The franchisees that I worked for was really good and understanding people. The only trouble I found with the company is that, they only offer zero our contracts, so you are not guaranteed full-time hours. you could be working 30 hours one week and then working nothing the next.
Working as a team leader at Subway has been by far the worst job I've ever had. The job involves mostly being in the store alone, making and serving food, working the till, cashing up at the end of the night, cleaning and setting the alarms at the end of the night. -Essentially doing managing the store for minimum wage
Had a support manager join the company not long before i did, he walked me through my training did a great job, however the issues with subway are as follows: Basically dont get breaks. One person per store at any time. Expect you to take the half hour break you get on an 8hour shift in your first hour. No hours Health and safety(was asked to change dates on food that was off) Slave labour(refused to pay us if we stayed after store was closed to finish up) the entire clean down for the store is to be done after it closes.
During my time I have learnt numerous skills such as handling the cash and safe, dealing with complaints, opening the store, checking deliveries, meat and vegetable prep. Which has helped me gain a lot of skills that i haven't had before.
No job will make you more depressed than a subway job. Management treat you as expendable and hold hours over you as punishment (if you call in sick, you’ll lose shifts for a week). Have to check your payslip every time it comes and keep records of shifts worked and breaks taken as hours will be docked from you to keep labour budgets down. Tho he break and don’t get fixed. Customers treat you like trash.
I have worked at Subway for just under 3 years and I started when I was 16 years old. I became Team Leader and the whole team have been like a family to me. A typical day consist of cleaning and serving customers. the team leader will prep food and do cash handling. I learnt that team work is one of the most important parts of working at subway. My manager has looked after me and always made sure I was welcome. There is always a variety of staff, age variation and culture variation. The hardest part of the job for beginners is dealing with how busy it can get. However the most enjoyable part is that I have now got a family for life.
Pros
Free Food for breaks
Cons
0 hour contracts for some
As this was my first job at a young age i was worried about what it would be like, but the management team there and all of the staff made it real easy to settle in and start learning new things.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours and late nights