Sue Ryder

Sue Ryder Employee Reviews

Found 1,059 reviews matching the search
Have worked for Sue Ryder now for just over 3 years and absolutely love it.Staff and volunteers are amazing people to work withSenior management very supporting and informative. No 2 days are the same as always something to do Feel valued which says alot and it is a fabulous cause Would highly recommend working for this company either paid or voluntarily .
Pros
Management..staff .volunteers ..work life balance
Cons
Productive and enjoyable place to work. Very relaxed. No pressure or worries. Plenty of tea and coffee. Always having a laugh but also getting the work done to a good standard. We were always ready to help each other.
Pros
Lots of tea and coffee.
Cons
Couldn't find any.
I’ve worked for sue Ryder for 20 yrs I enjoy every minute of it the staff on days are team players but on night they are not they are very relaxed to compare to day shifts they are more buzzer more team work then nights I did my nvq2 /3 in health and social care and also a palliative care course level 2 while I was working there all training is free if you want to improve your career then you need to let them know some times they get offered courses come up and offer them to people who are interested great place to work for me but we are all different you will be best to try it out for your self it’s a place you eather like what you are doing or you don’t if you don’t then you want stay the care there is exstreamly good residents come first to management and staff
Pros
Free fish and chips day on Fridays
Cons
Long hours 13 for days 10 and a half for nights
Not very friendly people associated. Only a few people I found okay the rest childish connected to personal agendas to ruin lives of people with mental health issues.
Pros
A few decent people
Cons
Emotional mind games.
Unsupported, left to your own ,blame culture, only brown nose keep job. Area manager has there favourites shop managers ,regions manager ignores the situation .
Pros
Customers
Cons
Unsupported by management
A fun place to volunteer at & they're v flexible, meaning you can pick when you volunteer. From volunteering there I gained more retail / social media experience.
Pros
Flexible hours, nice people to work with
Productive and helped me get back into the community. I was working voluntary. I enjoyed being a part of a team also learning new skills and challenges.
Pros
Learing more about customer services
Cons
Not earning any monies
Sue Ryder are an exceptional company with a clear-goal to achieve a minimum target on a daily-basis through shop sales, Instructed shop stock-takes illustrate the work ethic.
Pros
Lunch Allowance
Cons
Stressful
Although there is no pay, you are rewarded with the satisfaction of knowing you're helping out your community and giving to an important cause. The managers are kind, understanding and helpful
Nice and chill. Managers are lovely and kind also super helpful can go to them for anything.Job was fairly easy to do learnt pretty quickly what to do and how to organise the place etc.Sadly was never trained to work the till.
Pros
chill hours
Cons
boring when its dead
A great place to work, everyone is lovely. All staff members are happy to work for such a great cause. Indepth induction, you are treated fairly. Good work life balance, and supportive management.
Pros
the people, and the culture. Working for a great cause.
Cons
salary and job retention.
I loved working as a volunteer. Lovely fun people and great work experience. Worked the hours that suited me, there was no pressure doing more. Would highly recommend working here knowing the job is for a excellent course.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
False allegations made by co workers, leading to suspension. No support, saud I was lying and had no record of my calls. when I made a complaint about a data protection breach, they turned it round on me and said it was me and that because I would not reveal a name for fear of reprisals, I was uncooperative.
Pros
Most satff lovely, residents lovely
Cons
management wont listen and give no support
I am so disappointed with my whole experience at Sue Ryder First the training or should I say lack of it it's a good job I was experienced We literally spent 3 days setting up a password for your system that didn't work on my shadowingThen we had a guy that we had to watch on the screen that I could hardly hear when asked to turn volume up it was on Max volume because it was a volume from the computerJust a joke I'm very disappointed On the upside nice modern building avoid like the plague
Pros
There are none
Cons
List is to long 2 print
Wonderful environment to be in, no issues what so ever but lucky for me my mum is the manager so I got away with everything in side the shop 100% great time
Cons
Super place to work. Great team environment and caring, knowledgeable managers. Learning and development is second to none with great courses to for personal and professional development.
Pros
Good work life balance
Loved working there lovely assistants especially one who always tried to help me. After one mistake i was told either leave or you know what without saying it. A job i probably would have stayed at until i retire as i do a lot of charity work myself, when i left was left feeling really let down was ill for a while.wish i had 2nd choice
Pros
Good laughs with some staff.
Cons
Management with no heart.
Pro - feeling like you are making a difference and helping raise funds for a fantastic charity. Cons - support from management is non existent. A lot of the team and managers have all been there for a very long time so unless you are liked and fit in, you have no hope of receiving support or guidance.
The company didn't leave you alone and were always calling on my day off to do extra shifts. Had to work from 7am to 10pm with only 1 hour break all day, dangerous when you are driving all day.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Too much driving and not enough time with service users.
A great company, that really celebrate your successes . Excellent training and support given through the company Team work On going training Great for networking
I enjoyed my experience in Sue Ryder however it was a busy store so I had to be fast working. Also I enjoyed communicating with customers and helping them out and providing them with their needs and wants. I mostly enjoyed working at the till.
  1. Employee reviews