SUEZ

SUEZ Employee Reviews

Trucks are well maintained, you're not expected to to more than a days work. Just a good days work for a good day's pay. For transporting Roro bins of various waste types it is very clean work. Transport management is firm but fair. Just as it should be. No complaints here much.
Pros
Looked after excellently
Cons
Could do with few more hrs
Worked for Suez since since 2014, every day is different I work Monday to Friday 9 hr shift, It's got its faults like every other firm (all the folk complaining about the Manchester waste contract are staff who work there on GMW contracts, 4on 4off and been use to doing nothing, now they've got to do some work for a living and spat the dummies out)Go to work, do your job safely , get paid , go home.....Job done
Pros
its a job
The work was and could be easy , but cut backs , bad management and no support for the employees makes this company a bad one to work for . Always got paid on time though !
Pros
Got paid correctly on time
Cons
Having the willingness to live after a shift!
Took over GM contract last year and completely clueless with hair brain ideas and implementation of 5S. Communication is appalling, but they’ll see notice board after notice board as good communication.H&S stance is poor at best (can see why worldwide a number of employees don’t go home after work!) Covid as shown them for what they are, incompetent and profit obsessed.This review will no doubt get the standard reply from them.
Pros
Shift Pattern
Cons
Senior Management Clueless
Unfortunately the company I’d been working for were taken over by suez and that’s when I found out what it’s like to work for a shambolic set of liars,People Masquerading as managers who can’t even compose an email! in charge of plant operators with years of experience, but this means nothing to them.who simply have no understanding of the job involved Or it’s needs, They win Big contracts off councils then simply don’t care !absolutely dreadful man management, speak up for yourself and be prepared to be hounded out.They tell you one thing then tell the client another playing you off against each other , the stress these people inflict upon there staff is incredible!! Not supported at work at all.Please do yourself a massive favour and avoid working for suez recycling and recovery .There is a better Working life elsewhere Go get it.
Pros
None at all!
Cons
Where do I start ?? Too many to mention.
At first the company was great to work for, lovely people and fairly treated, however once contract had been signed and days before the contract went live was let off with not explaining as of why or never a reason , management refused to speak about what situation... go steady if you have a good with this company
Pros
Fair wage
Cons
Poorly treated by management
The supervision are a waste of time they like to run the place like a social club for there friends that are part of a click to sit in the office with there feet up whilst every one else is working they bring there friends into the business they advance quickly through the ranks get the positions of plant operators etc it was the same before even when viridor had the business on the greater Manchester contract I can not understand how a reputable corporate multi national company allows certain people to rob a living its now got to a point were the genuine employes have had enough i know this will be read by middle to senior management my advice would be to act on this quickly send some one on the shop floor to find out What's going on i.e undercover to sort this problem out you can cut the atmosphere in the mrf with a knife the tension is that bad when you report problems to supervision in regards to the plant not working properly they carnt even be bothered to even listen to you let alone act on the problems they just responde with a sarcastic comments to belittle you when you are trying to do your job the saddest thing out of all this is that all the genuine employees will go and you will be left with people who are there on false pretences my sincere advice to any one who wants to work at longley lane sharson mrf especially on nights is to turn round and run until this situation has been sorted lets wait and see if head office was to see one third of what goes on at the facility they would have a field day the bit i really find amusing the company is supposed to have a zero - more...
Pros
Excellent money
Cons
All of the above
Overall the lads at worker level are good like your loaders but the management is poor. There are favourites within the company who get away with far more then others.
Pros
Good lads
Cons
Bad management
Suez took over the Greater Manchester waste contract in June 2019. Since then, they have stumbled from disaster to disaster. No PPE for staff during pandemic, arrived months into the event. Record profits on the backs of staff working hard (their words), yet management deemed we weren't worthy of a pay rise. Eventually settled on a derisory one, and the following month they moved to take shift pay from staff to recoup the £20 extra per month take-home pay. This will result in the workforce losing over £140 per month. Absolute garbage management, very poor communication. Equipment is tired, staff positions aren't filled. Avoid these lot, they're a bunch of clowns - and not even funny ones.
Pros
They'll lose the contract soon
Cons
It hasn't happened yet
have to understand the job , very best at times , have to know your job in all points of it and the roults and making sure all paper work is up to date
Cons
The place in Leicester is very nice. The team working is OK. I feel very good there. I recommend the place to everybody. This is all. I recommend this
my time at suez was good, everyone was very welcoming and it was really relaxed. They always helped me with anything I was u sure about and management were so so lovely too
I worked here for over two years, first as a technician, then as an analyst. All I can say is how happy I am to be out of that place. The annual staff turnover is about 40%, and there are several very good reasons for this. Pay is terrible - many labs pay their technicians more than analysts get here. Due to the high staff turnover, "training" basically means that you get one or two weeks sitting next to somebody who is trying to teach you everything they know (and they typically only had about a years experience working on their instrument) before they leave for another job. I learnt more in 2 months in my currant workplace than in 2 years working here. Break time conversation often revolved around jobs that we had seen/applied for. Expectations are way too high. Although the management aren't particularly unpleasant or bullying, analysts are expected to handle a massive workload while maintaining quality, and have to work in a really rushed manner. This made for a workplace in which high stress is the norm. Understaffing is a problem here, it is so bad that if you take a day off for whatever reason, your position cannot be adequately covered, so coming in the next day is a nightmare. I know of staff members who had vomited but still came into work because they couldn't face the thought of what would be waiting for them the next day if their work didn't get done. This wasn't the case when I started working here, but the business expanded rapidly without taking on enough staff. I am still in contact with a couple of staff who work here, and they say that despite a slight - more...
Pros
Nice colleagues, rapid progression
Cons
High workload, stress, poor pay and morale
management didn’t have a clue, spoke to you like a you haven’t got a brain cell but tried to be your best friend when they wanted something out of you and they worked you into the ground! If you had a problem they’ll tell you that you know where the gate is. Met some good people and hours was decent
Ideal if fresh out of collage/ sixth-form or as a new graduate because opportunities arise quickly due to staff turnover. Lab and technical staff are underpaid, but you can take away some good professional skills from those around you. Generally, your colleagues will be very supportive. Can easily progress to an analyst position in 18 months if your timing is good and you show initiative. In addition to pay drawback, management can also be very frustrating. Not uncommon for middle management to act powerless when issues are raised - being unable or unwilling to help. Management are often seen to be blaming higher management for ongoing issues, but are quick to take credit for the efforts made by ground-level staff during intense periods. Get in and get out, can be a useful stepping-stone if you play the game right, or need an entry level job to gain confidence.
So midway way through training I got moved to do other jobs at different sites. For example getting moved to do litter-picking and cleaning when this wasn’t the job I applied for, my title was Weighbridge Operator. The management was awful, the slightest mistake you make your getting done for it. The training was shocking, didn’t receive the correct training and there’s no help if you need any.
The senior management do very little on a day to day basis, l watched Suez Birmingham go from a great place to work as a driver to the pathetic shadow that it is today ,they penalise the drivers for every little thing whilst the office staff make mistakes daily, not a word said ,the dismal state of the depot is down to very poor management, and is about time HQ got involved while there is still a depot in Birminham , a manager change is definitely needed, would l go back to Suez yes l would most definitely
Getting to learn new skills and experience. Meeting new people. Long working hours on your feet all day. Learning to work as part of a team or on your own.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Long Hours
Bosses don't have a clue , don't come out the office, treat the loaders and driver's badly, if your face fits or you went to Exmouth school with the supers, it's all good. If not ur fcked
Management is a disgrace and non existent. Want you to work like you are in the army. No man management. Management cover there mistakes by using you as the excuse. Very poor company they are looking for yes men. They will work you to the point the lorry constantly break down you are expected to work over your hours then they knock you for 15 mins at every chance they can. They expected me to do a two man job alone with a lorry that constantly broke down and then they want you working 12 or 13 hours to make up for it.
Lasted 3 months working for the disgraceful company.They treat their drivers disgracefully,they have no loyalty towards their drivers.Office staff are bullies.They rip you off with your pay to the point where you are unable to pay bills.During my time there driver's leaving was every day thing.Whole company is run badly especially management and office staff at AshVale!!!!!!!!!!!!
  1. Employee reviews