Sugarman Medical
Happiness score is 78 out of 100

Sugarman Medical Employee Reviews

United Kingdom69 reviews

Once job is finished it takes a lot of begging for onther placement or they totally ignore you. Very bad

Once my client was finished with me. I had excellent feedback I struggled themto find me work. They simply said we have none I felt used and was not a professional approach by them.

Pls don’t allow your dogs to be looked after by this agency.

Very poor company to work for.The office staff are professional lies and don’t give a Monkey about anyone. They don’t even care about the client they work for only about clocking hours.

Pros

Too easy to join

Cons

Patient life at risks

Insights into Sugarman Medical

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility

Approachable management with great sense of human

I have worked for Sugarman for 3years now and I love it. The good thing about my role is that everyday is different and can be interesting as well as some challenges. Working for Sugarman has expanded my experience as a support worker by having the access to actually work in the metal health as well as LD.

Pros

Provided drinks on training

Cons

in terms of issues. Accepting the NHS to suspend staff without payment.

Work was great

Everyone was supportive at work. It was awesome working with them and all healthcare settings.They gave me alot of experience whilst working with them.

Pros

Holiday pay

Cons

Flexible hours

Unorganised management

The clients are great to work with but over all the office staff are rude so it makes for an unpleasant work environment, they seem to think they can talk to staff however they like, and try to get out of paying for things / wages. I have also seen them talking to clients in the same way. They are disorganised and don’t seem to know what they are doing, everything is done last minute rather than being organised, you get calls late in the day asking to work the next day often but then they don’t book you in. Loads of wasted phone calls, you can see the lack of experience of the people that work in the office, which can be quite scary when people lives are on the line. Pay is often late, missing and wrong and they never answer the phone, even when you are calling in an emergency for clients. I am embarrassed in front of clients alot by how disorganised they are, when you let them know you have issues or the client needs something you don’t get a response, or more often you just get a lip service response but they don’t resolve the problem for staff or the client.

Pros

They get pcr tests sent to you, Some packages are higher pay than others

Cons

Lack of management, Long days, Staff not trained enough, Lack of support, Poor communication, Poor treatment of staff, Not looking out for the clients best interests, it’s really upsetting to watch and not be able to do anything

Employ anyone

The management do not support staff , very low standards , staff take advantage of vulnerable people management are aware and still leave staff on the placement . Favouritism amongst staff from management .

I enjoyed my time with the company

I throughly enjoyed working with the company. Excellent teamwork due to relocation I had to leave.Chasing debt and Cleared the overdue for local authorities.

I am working with Sugarman Health and Wellbeing Leeds Complex.I am happy with the hours and pay rates. The office team is responsive and helping me all the time. The interview process was fast, online the staff members informed me about the job in all (contract, pay rate, paid holidays, and the training).I totally recommend the company if you are looking for hours at a good pay rate.I love my job and the client that I am working with.

Pros

Good pay rate; Flexible; Good hours

Positive experiences.

My time spent with Sugarman as far has been nothing but positive! Good recruitment process, they host Meet & Greets with clients they care for prior to the successful recruitment and empower the individual by giving them the choice as to who comes into there lives, good communication throughout from them as an employer, rota in advance, fair pay for the work, weekly Covid test provided, Provided with PPE regularly, within days of my recruitment with Sugarman I was able to book my covid vaccine also!

Pros

Fair pay, rota in advance.

Cons

Can be long hours.

Love working with this company

I have been with Sugarman for a full year now and enjoy every minute with them. I have a great team I work with. The managers and staff members are absolutely amazing. They give you the option of how many hours you would like to work and send you for a meet and greet with potential clients to give you a feel for the job. Full training is always given online and in house. If you have trouble they always here to support you in any aspect off it. Through covid they have been an amazing support for myself and understood issues and concerns raised and solved them in no time. You always get notifications to renew your training and reminders about things they offer such as NVQ advancement. I had next to no experience in complex care before Sugarman but I received great training from the clinical nurse who is an absolute star and went from strength to strength. I hope I can stay with Sugarman till I retire.

Pros

Free training. Flexible hours

Cons

Non

It’s okay

Not the best company I’ve ever worked for however I was agency, the office staff are quite unorganised and would ring you whilst on shift asking to go to another shift which was frustrating.

Good company

Good when there are shifts available. Management ok but sometimes unapproachable. Pay is industry average. Mandatory training provided. Like any other agencies, work come and go.

good company

The management are good.srtugling to get shift some times, you are never guarantee shift. Good place to work, but sometimes not enough jobs. Low rate for the job type of position

Nice place for mostly support work. Management friendly. low rate of pay

The management are good and friendly. but there are no career prospects in the job. Good place to work, but sometimes not enough jobs. Enjoyable but low rate .

Excellent workplace

Excellent working environment Excellent working team Good communication with staff and workers Good relationship with all colleagues Safe and well trustworthy

Please dont bother

Awful Company, unprofessional staff, never paid on time let me without money right before Christmas, I said many times to the so called consultant that I can only work nights he keep sending me day shifts even now at half 9 pm sent me a text can you work in half hour then called me!!! I let go another agency because I was promised plenty of work shame on you wait you dont have any that is why you keep doing it, I wrote a letter of complaint to the head office in London still waiting for an answer, stay away people!!

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Great company to work for

Office staff very friendly and helpful. Good rate of pay. Responsive to any problems or concerns. Only bad thing (but you have it with most home care agencies) if your client goes into hospital you might not get enough hours.

Pros

Good pay, supportive and friendly, a single place of work

Cons

Zero hour contract

Within the complex field

Extensive training, which is excellent. Such in-depth information, for someone who had not worked within the field before sugar man gave me the opportunity to work in the complex environment.

The jb involves working with adults and young people with autism and challenging behaviours to live independently in their own home and to socialize in the community

Appalling company

The staff working at the offices are awful to try to talk to always laughing and joking away in the background while you’re trying your best to get more than one shift that week! Training was a joke Half their clients are clients that no one else will take because the clients are either abusive towards carers or the staff at the homes are awful

Dom Care

Unorganised and stressful could be better but have lovely clients to work with. Clients are farr away from eachother to travel to and is not worth the travel time. Need to be longer calls. No support for carers and is all about the money for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sugarman Medical. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement