Sunglass Hut

United Kingdom9 reviews

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,339 reviews
storeteamgreatjobworkcustomerstaffhour

Fast Paced

Hours depends on your location. Some stores have later opening hours due to being in a shopping centres.All training provided on job. Sometimes can be very stressful due to being short staffed during busy periods and serving customers while looking out for thefts.

Pros

Free Glasses

Cons

Erratic Hours

Working at Sunglass Hut I’m Gatwick Airport in 2022 to 2023 was great. The managers were good and the staff actually cared about their employees whether they were higher or lower end staff. Quite good pay however even though hours are flexible they can still get quite long as well but overall I felt good working for this company.

Pros

Good pay, caring staff all round and flexible hours

Cons

Hours can get long

Insights into Sunglass Hut

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Would only work in Cheltenham branch

I worked in the Cheltenham branch and honestly would not have stayed there for as long as I did if not for the amazing family I had in this store. The company say they have great incentives but honestly there were only 2 running in the year that I worked there. One which they have over Christmas, you don’t even start getting prizes until the summer. Individual store runnings are fab but as a company, not amazing.

Fun job

occasionally strict management, but sometimes really lovely. its a fun job if you get on with everyone - you've got to be sociable. Pay is rubbish but you do get commission which can work out well if you work in the mornings. expect to be tired all the time. sometimes lenient if you ask to switch shifts and work certain times but only in advance. overall, can be fun.

Pros

commission

Cons

rubbish hours, rubbish pay.

Fun and efficient workplace

Basically I started off counting frames if I was in a early shift and polishing frames to make sure everything looks perfect, also when customers come, I provide helps showing them all the features of the frame and sell. What I learnt is the art of selling also the brandies of different brands selling in the store, knowing how to repair or adjust the frames for customers, also in team working. The atmosphere in the work is really vivid and funny. For me the most difficult part in the job would be meeting target in a tough day which is really stressful and driven me too tight, but in the other way, it can be a motivation for me; the most enjoyable part must be the trying on! We can try frames on and seeing the shapes or lens, this helps me learning how does the frame effecting the whole look and it is really fun.

Pros

good salary, free pair after probation

Enjoyable and rewarding role

Enjoyable workplace with great management team. Small team in the Bath Store meaning that progression is limited. I have learnt a lot about the company and retail as a business, which I feel is applicable to many other jobs. Role can occasionally get monotonous as selling sunglasses is a very seasonal job - very quiet in winter months. Hardest part of the role is not having enough work to do within store and for the company. Most enjoyable part of the role is the staff and team that I work with, we have all become great friends as well as colleagues.

Most enjoyable job I've had

Working at Sunglass Hut over the summer this year was the most enjoyable job I've had, being sales driven is so nice and the other staff were lovely.

Pros

commission, pay, friendliness of staff

Cons

airport security (at gatwick airside)

enjoyable and fun.

looking back i loved my time working for sunglass hut i met lots of really nice new people and learnt so much about the products we sold. i went into the job knowing nothing about sunglass and over the time i was there i learnt so much about polarisation, high definition lenses and also ultra violate light, tint cateogories and of course face shapes and what styles suit which face shape best. My manager was brilliant with me and was always available for any help and advice which could help me develop and grow into in my role as sales assistant for sunglass hut. i consider my former manager as an inspiration and role model, she is my hero. unfortunatly my temporary contract ended in sepember of last year and i am since looking for new employment.

Pros

commisson on top of basic wage, amazing staff offers and discounts 2 free pairs of designer sunglasses for passing my probation.

Cons

periods where the shop was quiet i found myself abit unoccupied.

Fun

A typical day at work would be to do the morning paper work, deal with customers, orders and any complaints,i find ths very easy to do but the job does not challenge me enough.The store could be managed a bit better with fair descions in store.enjoyable part the discount

Pros

staff discounts

Sales Associate at Sunglass Hut

Estimated salary
£9.02 per hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunglass Hut. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Sunglass Hut with

Learn about Sunglass Hut in popular locations

• Sunglass Hut
  • Sales Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?