Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

Featured review
Sunrise Senior Living selected this as a representative review
Fun work place. Family atmosphere. All staff from all departments are friendly to each other. Staff are reliable and helpful. Management is OK too. Good holiday period.
19 May 2020
Many thanks for your fantastic review and it's great to hear that you enjoyed your time at Sunrise. All the best for the future.RegardsSunrise Recruitment Team
Excellent team and rewarding work. Staff were very friendly and the working conditions were very good, including training in food safety. The chef was very supportive.
Pros
Good atmosphere.
Cons
Sunrise senior living poses as very high quality. This isn’t the case however. Horrendously over worked and underpaid, understaffed so it wasn’t possible to provide the level of care that they, as a business, were advertising. Not enough incontinence products, possessions going missing, cheapest products (drinks snacks etc) decanted in to fancy packaging to appear high quality. Residence pay a extortionately high price to live there, and Sunrise doesn’t even have enough carers to provide the basic level of care the residents need. Would definitely not recommend working there, and definitely wouldn’t ever recommend sending your relatives to live at any of their home locations. Really bad management-unorganised and rude. Pretending to care about their staff (having staff meetings to discuss issues) but never acting on what was promised. Especially when it was related to pay. Even though we were so underpaid and staffed- the management team were awarded large bonuses most months. Residents are absolutely not receiving the level of care they are paying for. BOYCOTT.
Pros
Bonding with residents
Cons
Understaffed, underpaid, over worked, and sickness isn’t tolerated- even if it’s contagious and you’re working with at risk clientele.
12 January 2021
Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Glassdoor@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you. - The Sunrise Team
Terrific work team, made to feel very welcome. Great interaction with residents. Owners visited to welcome me to Sunrise and asked for input into the development of the home. Manager very supportive to all staff, open door policy, daily briefings, good supervision schedule.Great place to work.
Pros
Free lunches when working long day, free car parking on site.
Cons
None that I can think off.
29 January 2021
Thank you for your lovely feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It's great to read about your experience of working at our care home and the support you received.
I was full time in more or less every day, management a bit unorganised and things don't get done straight away, wanted long days to suit my family life better management wasn't keen on doing this, you have to have your break at chosen times, which is not always good, very physical and demanding, you are always on the go,
Pros
Free drinks available
Cons
The hours, the work load, very demanding
Worked here for a year, bullying culture amongst the young ones especially, all trying to fight for top dog you don't know who's in charge. Manager of unit very unprofessional
Cons
Bramhall, is a fast paced environment. Lovely residents who appreciate your work. Activities are good and offer variation to the residents. The ALC is supportive and tries to develop her team. She’s been with a sunrise for a long time new to Bramhall as alc always left before. Kitchen do free lunches they are nice when your working a long day. The admins is helpful and wants to develop you with training opportunity and rewards. I hope I continue hope for a long time.
Pros
Free lunches, car park, pension, Hapi app
Cons
Long hours but tatts care
I worked inSunrise , Purley for 8 years, it used ti be a pleasant place to work bit it had changed, no support from management and staff, Too much work load.
Work was excellent at sunrise couldn’t be happier with the way things are run every company has its bad and good days that’s life but i enjoyed it ...
14 September 2020
Thank you for your lovely feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and wish you the best of luck for the future.
if you looking for a job don't go there. Bad management bad culture. When they think you don't do enough for them they dismiss you on reasons built on lies.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sunrise Senior Living?
I feel as though this job being my first showed me how I would have to manage my time and also that I have to show up to survive in life being that I can’t take it layed back
Pros
Good experience
Cons
No pay
14 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great they had a positive experience volunteering at our care home. Best of luck for the future.RegardsSunrise Recruitment Team
Lovely place to work friendly staff everyone works as a team . Managers door always open if you need help with anything . Its so nice when you see the residents smile and happy and you know you are making a difference . would definitely recommend sunrise as a place to work no matter what role you do we all work together . Lots of training and always kept upto date .
Pros
you can choose long or short shifts, nice atmosphere, very good training and support
14 August 2020
Many thanks for your great review and it's lovely to hear that you enjoy working at our Sunrise home. RegardsSunrise Recruitment Team
Day to day work is ok. no support from management it's just all about seeing to tick boxes. You will get on if you agree with the management and dont put obstacles in their way
Pros
Good colleagues and wonderful residents and support from ground floor colleagues
Cons
No support from home management or above unless your face fits
stressful cannot wind down when you go home on your feet all the shift doing 2 persons job s cos always short staffed Staff not willing to help left to your own devices
Pros
Cons
not a likeable place
I loved some of my co-workers and I like the manager too but for the sake of my mental wellbeing, I had to go. I left not only because of the stress but also the bullying. Some of the coordinators seem to enjoy demeaning carers. I think it's because they view us as below them but sunrise wouldn't exist without us. We don't mind constructive criticism. However, don't treat and speak to us like slaves. stop nitpicking and talking to carers like they're brainless. I don't know if it's racism or they're just generally awful people. They treat colored people worse, that I know for sure. It's disgusting.
I have worked at Sunrise of Mobberley for just over a year now and think it's a brilliant place to work compared to other homes where I've worked. There are options to do qualifications with full support to complete my diploma and a couple of us planning on going on to do our nurse training. The home is quite posh and on a typical day its hard work but very rewarding, with hard work recognised by the managers and you get thanks for doing a good job. We've had free meals, cakes and sweets along with bottles of prosecco if we win employee of the month and you are asked for suggestions for how we can be better as a Home. Plenty of staff are on duty with everyone friendly and willing to help each other out. Deputy Manager is ace and brings her dog to work which is good for the residents, who are lovely, and the Manager is nice and always out and about checking everything is okay and if there are any problems, the office ladies will help yu. They are all approachable and friendly and the most enjoyable part of the job is the team spirit and feeling like you are doing your best. I would recommend Mobberley as a brilliant place to work
15 June 2020
Hello,Many thanks for the lovely comment, I'm pleased to hear about the support with qualifications and the fantastic job the Deputy Manager and General Manager are doing to build a great team spirit. #alloneteam.
Lovely place to work, great team members in different departments. Residents make your day, atmosphere is great. All like a big family Culture much improved.
Pros
Team Work, team benefits, lovely residents and relatives.
Cons
Senior management that visit don’t acknowledge the work you do.
15 June 2020
Hi,Thank you for your wonderful comment about your fantastic experience at Sunrise of Bramhall. Our residents and colleagues are great! #alloneteam.
I have worked at Sunrise of Bramhall for nearly two years and I couldn’t ask for a better more fulfilling job. The care team are outstanding their devotion and passion shines through each and every single day. The manager is exceptional and a true leader, she is always helpful and wants everyone to excel in their roles as she knows a happy team = happy residents. All the managers are happy to work alongside the care team and are always chatting with the residents and putting their needs at the forefront of everything.
5 June 2020
Thank you for your wonderful comment, so lovely to hear about your experience at Sunrise of Bramhall. Jen WalkerHead of Marketing
I like working at Bramhall its different to other care places because they care differently for the residents. we can join in with the residents and play games. we have a bistro area were the residents like to sit.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
parking
5 June 2020
Thank you for your comment, its great to hear about your positive experience working at Sunrise of Bramhall. Kind regardsSunrise Recruitment Team
I feel supported by the other nurses and colleagues from different departments. Very fast pace and always something to do. Very good training. Salary on time and great benefits.
5 June 2020
Thank you for your lovely comment about Sunrise of Purley. It's fantastic to hear of your positive experience with us, the good training and great benefits available. Kind regardsSunrise Recruitment Team
Had the misfortune of working here, quickly discovered it's got a 'cult' mentality. Bullying, two faced carers, all want to be to be top dog! Avoid at all costs!