Sunseeker International Ltd

Sunseeker International Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom80 reviews

productteambadlongmanagementhourgoodstaff

Retention issues

Had high hopes and expectations when I received the job offer , sadly destroyed within a few days of working for them , no training given expected to leap in and just get on with it , evident from day one where the issues are , lack of spares and lack of method , all trades trying to do their own work getting in the way of each other items being fitted which then made it awkward for others to run their work , major issues is there retention issues 2 team leaders and four engineers left my line alone , 51 years team leader expertise lost , these are the guys needed to train new employees, yet management solutions is to throw more inexperienced agency staff at the build ,

Pros

Good hours decent canteen

Cons

Lack of guidance, poor retention, no logic in the build

Fellow boat builders decent blokes in the main

Was a good place to work. Management not too bad. Under scrutiny always, but not surprising, considering how much the finished craft are worth. Global reputation to keep up. Not to mention the 007 connections

Insights into Sunseeker International Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility

Fun and unproductive

Good workplace, people working there are chill, either staff or management. Very poor managers, and upper management. Money is average for that type of work.

A rewarding job

As with many businesses at the moment, Sunseeker is doing its best to cope with the rising cost of living, the supply chain disruption and the impact of Brexit, as we come out of a pandemic. As always, Sunseeker is pulling together to get through and that is what makes this Company great to work for. We all know there is a job to get done and we get it done. It may not be perfect and polished, but the people make this Company. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

Pros

The people, the work, the product, the pay, overtime, pmi, denplan

Cons

Hard work...but rewarding when you see the finished product

Hard work little pay

Found company not interested in employee only in managers if your face don’t fit you go nowhere team leaders are chosen for there closeness to the manager not what they know or there skills really on the blokes on the shop floor to carry them then they become managers with no training

Terrible management

So much micromanaging and negative reinforcement. The factory is in poor condition and poorly set up. There is poor communication between teams and between management and workers. As far as moving up the ranks goes is being a team leader and that’s it’s no other opportunities and with that there is a problem with retention as you get no training or help with becoming a team leader and are expected to know everything from day one of being a team leader. Poor working environment, spraying thousands of pound worth of parts in poorly made tent instead of investing in a spray booth. Rubbing back primer in the tent to then paint it in the same tent with primer dust everywhere. There is so much rework that has to be done there due to the poor work environment and the fact they give very little training to new starters then except them to be able to build a boat. You work alongside some great people but because of the working environment and the poor management skills also bullying for management, it is a terrible place to work.

Ok, lots of little tribes

Good place, recent pay raise . Lots of overtime if wanted . Friendly place to work. Ability to transfer to completely different job role when they are advertised .

Pros

Pay and environment

Cons

Nepotism

Poor management lack of work.

Awful management, they have 0 care for the work in which they give their employees and do not train apprentices or other contractors properly. I was given minimal work to complete throughout the day and received no help or training on the menial tasks in which i was occasionally given. Spent more time doing the irrelevant tasks given to me around the factory than actual carpentry work on the boats. If you can even call it carpentry when it was mainly fit out work. Management keeps no track of where their employees are throughout the day.

Pros

Cons

No parking Lack of work Minimal help given on tasks for apprentices and trainees.

Terrible management

Stressful workplace and very bad management. They treat you with no respect at all even you're doing your best.. No secure!!!!! Avoid this place and find something better!

Not good

Just a number as soon as it quiets down they get rid of anyone regardless of how good they are at their job. Upper management is poor and don’t care one bit about the staff.

worst place I have ever worked

never worked somewhere so bad in my life. management are shocking, no one cares about you at all. complete disrespect by managers and team leaders. people asleep at work on boats. nothing enjoyable apart from when the bell goes to leave. this business has been run into the ground and it completely shocking. i would not suggest anyone to work here

Pros

nothing at all.

Cons

bad hours. poor management. business is going to nothing.

Great Team, hard work but fun

Although a lot is asked of you the work place is exciting and dynamic, the team really do pull together to build an amazing product. So far I have been given opportunity to progress and been fully supported the whole time by my colleagues and management, working hard with great people having fun along the way.Ultimately Importantly the money is in the bank every week

Pros

great team work and opportunities, good benefits

Ambitious and passionate

Sunseeker are clearly passionate about their product and industry, for good reason.As a global leader in the industry, Sunseeker is of course a busy working environment and employees should be prepared to work hard and towards a shared objective, but the work-life balance is good and there is a wide availability of overtime.Despite what it says in some of the reviews on here, the management are passionate and organised - often sacrificing their personal time to support their teams.I fully recommend careers at Sunseeker.

Pros

Progression, culture, product, yearly pay increases, lots of overtime

Cons

Reactive to challenges rather than pre-emptive

Disorganised chaos

I have nothing positive to say here, which is very sad. Employees are leaving faster than can be replaced, decades of experience leaving for better things. Contractors on much higher pay called in to do the work, many of whom haven’t got a clue how to build a boat!

Pros

There are none

Cons

Constant pressure from clueless management

Toxic working environment

Unsupportive management, unmanageable workload, no reviews or regular catch up with manager, no return to works. Lovely team but had a toxic work culture

Terrible Management

Shop floor works are treated with very little respect. Would not recommend working for this company!!!

Pros

Got given a free sandwich at Christmas

Cons

Poor management

Good working environment.

The team I work with are fantastic, great fun day to day working environment! Good pay, good benefits and holiday after 4 years service generally a nice place to be! Tooling and facilities are dated and need constant attention, slow supply of materials can be frustrating. Don’t see a lot of management but generally they are approachable.

Pros

Pay, benefits after 4 years, good work colleagues

Cons

Slow material supply, ageing tools

Poorly managed

There’s a distinct culture of them and us from those in the offices, the management seem to think that it’s HR, IT, Advertising, ect. that actually make the money and produce the boats not the production teams. The guys and girls in the shop floor are regarded as 2nd class citizens.Constantly lied to regarding bonuses than you’ve achieved but suddenly the goalposts are moved, proper carrot & stick tactics.Incompetent management that I constantly cooking the figures to make themselves look better. Working to a standard works timetable that doesn’t include half the jobs needed to make the boat function!Constantly on stop with suppliers for non payment.I would rather go hungry than ever go back to Sunseeker.

Cons

Lied to constantly, no thanks from management.

Management about as useful as used tissue

Production management are about as useful as a chocolate teapot, more interested in maintaining a toxic blame culture than the future of the company.I’ve worked at Sunseeker for years, seen the good and the bad, but the current Production management really take the biscuit! We’ve lost skilled and respected staff at all levels in the recent redundancies, however those in management have kept their own family members and friends, even creating nonsense jobs in some cases. New Production management even brought back hundreds of staff back from furlough months to early, they were sweeping and painting floors as there was no work!This used to be a team work oriented company, where the focus was on the product and being industry leaders. Production have devolved into children.I would not recommend looking at this company for long term prospects, certain areas of the business will kill any chance, unless you are very skilled at brown-nosing!

Pros

Being proud of the product, finding those who still believe in teamwork and have ethics

Cons

The blame culture in upper Production management

Not the same

When I started it was a family and a good place to work it was a good work ethic and you felt valued obviously being made redundant after so many years has tainted any opinion I have but I want the company to succeed, as a lot of good people still work there. Best bit seeing the boats at the boat show the worst not being appreciated or valued, nobody knowing what you do

Pros

working in Poole

Cons

stress

Good place to learn how laminate as a team

Working nights at sunseeker was good the crew I was with were awesome we got the job done. Sunseeker is a little clicky if you don't fit in a crew you will have a hard time. There are some very skilled people there and I liked working with them and of course the opposite exists . If you want the promised bonuses you are mistaken Management quality depends on what she'd you are in .

Pros

Good work ethic on the right crew, the money is ok and you will find your people.

Cons

No rewards for working harder, your job is not safe at all, the bonus scheme is a carrot on a stick scenario, sticky Steve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunseeker International Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement