Sunshine Care

Sunshine Care Employee Reviews

Sunshine has always been good to me, offering long term and short placements. To suit my life and personal needs I have never been short of work and most management are amazing Training within CQC and government guidelines
I've worked since started company, very supportive out on the field & around your work/home life, one of the best I've worked for & I've been in care for 30yrs, they are going their business further afield to other towns so always room for to progress in your job role up te ladder, with great support, management also will work out in the field which I feel is excellent always there to help.
Pros
Fully supportive
It is sad that when a family run care company fails or falls down because of management the whole thing is bound to fail or fall apart piece by piece as this company did a few years ago.Neither management nor directors listened to the care workers when pointing out issues and so it was to be their downfall.
Cons
What can I say that I have not already said
clients are very nice staff are hard working being your own boss its hard work in the winter has you are walking in severe weather conditions but in the summer its nice the nicest part of the job is supporting the clients and helping them thats quite rewarding
Pros
work on your own
Cons
management dont listen
I really enjoyed looking after the young lady I cared for, the care was complex and I was happy that I could use my excellent vigilance in doing my role well.
Pros
job satisfaction and busy
Cons
alot of night shift
worked for the last 5 years as a live in carer, retired recently. I have to say out of all the care companies I have worked for previously this one really has been the best. I was never short of work which is always a worry when you are working for an agency. Clients and carers well matched, management always at the end of the phone day or night to help with any issues and I also liked the fact that I was regularly visited in person by the management.. it means a lot when you are in somewhere for a few weeks with very little contact from anyone other than your client. thank you to you all it has been a pleasure being part of the team! :)
Pros
clients and carers well matched, flexible working patterns, weekly pay, great team to work with
Cons
sometimes have to travel to quite rural areas but hey this is all part of being a live in carer!
worked for the company for the last 3 years until I left to start a family. Was certainly the best care company I have ever worked for. management very well organised and caring, clients and carers well matched, opportunity to further training and gain certificates even once employed which I found didn't happen with many other places I worked. would highly recommend and will certainly return once my circumstances change.
Pros
helpful understanding management, fantastic training
Cons
some customers can be difficult to please
Assist all residents in their day to day living. Dressing, washing, feeding and entertaining them. Giving out correct medication to residents and making sure they are clean and comfortable. In charge of other staff and record keeping.
Pros
getting a warm welcome from residents and seeing them smile.
Cons
long hours but not enough time for individual one on one with residents.
I worked here whilst studying for my Undergraduate degree. The company provided good training and I was given a couple of opportunities to shadow more experienced colleagues before I started solo. The job was extremely convenient around my studies as I only worked when I wanted to.
it was days of personal care,cleaning, cooking ,manual handling the hardest is when someones end of life as you get very attached.But its all an enjoyment to meet different people in all aspects of life making sure they are cared for and feeling comfortable with a smile on your face.
Pros
making people smile
Cons
not enough time at jobs
i thouroghly enjoyed my time at sunshine care i had no problems at all with the management team or my work load and would be only to happy to go back to work for them in the future moved home forced me to leave x
Like most things promises were made but never followed through . No work support Long unsociable hours Management were not interested Only in their finances Left to feel happy & good about my about work
Pros
Meeting new clients
Cons
I loved helping ad working here, they gave me an opportunity to gain loads of experience. they place was clean and child friendly. if it weren't just experience I would happily stay and work there full time.
Pros
near shops, easy travel to.
Cons
the journey was long which gave me less time to get there.
Poor communication Poor Support Poor management Sunshine Care would rarely answer a question but management would say "I will get back to you" and of course did not, and would not email me back if I presented them with a problem or question. This gave me the impression they were incompetent and they proved they were through out the time I worked for them until I finally handed in my notice.
The both owners of the company bully they staff. They never pay you properly. They harassed you all the time. Never work for this company it is just a terrible place to work.
Usually worked the over night shift with my clients; my most regular client, was classed as a young adult who suffered with moderate down syndrome and mobility issues. Although as her health deteriorated more specific and specialist training was needed so i could continue her care, she was a very down to earth, funny and friendly client, who i always looked forward to returning too. Some of my co-workers were very hard working and pleasant to be around,however unfortunately some colleagues i discovered to have lost the 'Caring' aspect in their duties, which i believe could have been helped by better involvement from the office and management staff.
Pros
Working independently mostly, meeting new people, friendly clients.
Cons
Lack of support and enforcement from management.
I was responsible for the maintenance of all buildings, fire drills, gathering data in relation to water temperatures, furniture repairs. Taking residents on trips out and food shopping for the home. I enjoyed interacting with the residents of the home and making things more comfortable for them. Management were obstructive in making repairs as financing the purchase of materials was mostly an un-winnable battle. Bodged was the preferred method. I was expected to be on call 24/7 and was only paid my normal hourly rate regardless of what time I was called. My co-workers were a joy to work with and whilst working for minimum wage worked exceedingly hard.
Pros
Friendly care staff and residents
Cons
Poor management, at their beck and call 24/7
i didn't work for the company long enough to form a view of them but i enjoyed my short time there.
Pay is good, hours are flexible-if you are up-front about what your availability is.
A typical day at work would require me to provide personal care, do any house work needed, assisting with any needs each individual client requires, handing money and administering medication. Also reading all care plans. While carrying out my daily i have learned at all clients need to be treated with respect and on their own merits. I have also learned to use different medical equipment and different levels of health, illnesses and disabilities. My experience with management has not been 100% satisfactory. All staff i have had contact with have been friendly and professional. The most enjoyable part my the job is meeting new clients and visiting regular clients.
company care more about money than staff or clients, numerous time have sent me to wrong place then to right place without telling client i would be late, thus the client being upset when you turn up late.
Pros
good pay
Cons
money orientated