Superdrug
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Superdrug Employee Reviews

Found 1,769 reviews matching the search
Good place to work. Good facilities. Opportunity for promotion and a reasonable variety of roles. Opportunities for overtime. Good local facilities. Good mix of people.
Great place to work, you get out what you put into it, if you are motivated and keen to learn you can, everyone was friendly, and hated having to leave, I moved countries
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
For me travel
When I started at Superdrug, I felt welcome and a valued member of the team. I started in a brand new store and most staff were learning on the go as well which made us a close group. However when our lovely manager left, our new one was awful. She completely changed the dynamic. So I recommend speaking with the staff in the store before accepting or applying for a job there, so you have an idea on what you are walking into.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Pay is appalling.
I had nothing but problems while being a team leader at Superdrug. Higher management dish out warnings and disciplinarys for no reason, constant abusive messages, awful pay for the job you have to do and what you have to deal with from assistant and store managers. No compassion or help for colleagues with children. No help from area managers for problems going on within your store, very clicky and if you’re not a favourite you’re basically like a piece of rubbish on the floor. Do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Awful pay, awful management, verbal abuse, manipulative managers
This job stresses everyone out. Staff are constantly anxious because of high expectations on till and management are rude and useless. They don’t take mental health and sickness seriously and expect you to base your whole life around the job.
Cons
Great management, great team! Busy days make time go quickly, lots to learn and do. Opportunities for career advancement if you want. Very happy here,
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
I worked with the company for 16 months, started of on a 12 hour contract as a sales assistant and then relocated to a new store on a 20 hour contract (overtime was available). I enjoyed my role as make-up specialist, had supportive management and colleagues. I was quite gutted to leave as was unable to get full time hours which I needed at the time. A couple of downsides to job was the allocated hour or 2 to approach customers to see if they needed help, I found customers didn't particularly like this and would end up walking out the store without buying anything in the end. The continuous walking up and down the same aisle could be quite tedious too. Apart from that if you get the right management and team, don't mind a part time contract then it's quite a nice job to have.
Pros
Discount card, supportive management and colleagues.
Cons
No full-time hours
What can I say except this is possibly the worse job I could have imagined, the people I worked with weren’t too bad nothing awful about them nothing special either, however everything else about my experience working there was awful, whether it’s how underpaid you are or how the higher ups treat you like a sub human not trusting anyone or anything but they’re all the greatest. If however you like being treated like actual garbage this would be the place to work but seriously if you value yourself at all don’t work here
Pros
Hahahaha
Cons
The first year I worked there the team was great and the management were amazing. It felt more like a family rather than a work team. Within the second year of working there, there was different staff and new managers. It just went downhill from there.The management didn’t care how you were feeling. All they cared about is the numbers. Hardly any time to have a break. Barely can get a coffee in before I got send back out to the tills or shop floor. I came in one day really ill, being sick and a migraine. I was forced to carry on working a 10 hour shift! The management had plenty of breaks, spend most of the time in the staff room and didn’t care if we were struggling on the shop floor. If a customer wanted a manager, the managers will his in the staff room to let us deal with it and try resolve an issue with an angry customer. The hours were awful, so was the pay and the environment I was working in. Would NOT recommend
Pros
Previous managers
Cons
Management treat staff like rubbish
Management make up there own rules. Put down staff in front of other people even when customers are in. Treat you differently if your not there friend
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Long hrs no thanks for going that extra mile
I started my job in Superdrug about 3 years ago. I am a mother and have to balance my job and family life. But when I started in Superdrug it was a great experience as my manager understood me and my other liability as well and give me a very comfortable environment and my shifts were according to my availability as well. As a work place I feel like I am working with friends. My colleagues, managers and other workers of Superdrug are really nice. I am slightly disappointed with wedges as its only basic rate pay and there is no yearly or quarterly bonus system. My overall experience is really good.
All staff were so friendly and willing to help when settling into the job, everyone always did there bit whilst creating a fun environment. Really enjoyed my time working at Superdrug
Pros
Pay, discount, great colleagues
Cons
Cold
Stay clear from Superdrug pharmacy Upton Park unless you’re desperate. Horrible pharmacist manager who clearly hasn’t been given any training. Minimum dispensing done, you are basically just counter staff as pharmacist refuses to speak to patients.
Pros
Cons
Horrible manager, no training, poor work conditions
I worked as a team leader in a newly opened Superdrug store in Liverpool. I worked with the entire team to essentially merchandise the store before it was opened which I personally found to be really rewarding. A typical day in Superdrug is lively and busy, depending on the times of the year (Christmas and summer being the busiest). Deliveries were normally done three times a week, with allocated times to stock the store given however due to staffing levels, these would normally end up going through the shift. Tills could be slow and would occasionally break down, however in the store I was based in, there was more than enough to move to. The staff were always lovely and friendly, with a nice postivie atmosphere to keep us going especially during the busier periods. However, Superdrug only give out contracts of 30+ hours to store management (not team leaders or under) which means you are always fighting for hours to ensure your pay check is liveable. This then means that staff turnaround is very high. Staff do get the benefit of having 10% discount of named brands and 30% off Superdrug own brand as well as their health and beauty card deals which is decent. There should be sick pay in every company in my opinion which is not present in Superdrug. Team leaders are only paid slightly above the sales advisors but have the added responsibility of what managers do, so they should receive a better salary to reflect that. Overall, Superdrug was a really pleasant place to work and I would definitely recommend to either younger people as a first job or for people looking to climb - more...
Pros
Fun and positive atmosphere, decent staff discounts, good products
Cons
Lack of hours for non-management, high staff turnaround, poor salary, no sick pay
Winchester is run by the strangest couple of people. A manager who is so in love with superdrug to the point that she has no life outside of the place, and an assistant manager so dull you wonder how he ever got the job in the first place. Both of them completely patronising.You're expected to do a lot of work for free and told "well that is in the contract", as if free labour is somehow OK. Ridiculous company that doesn't care about its customers in the slightest. Zero customer service training, the only training you get is based on security and protecting their assets, its never about what should obviously be the first thing a retailer should care about, ie how to give great customer service.Don't work for superdrug unless you want to be worked into the ground. Awful company.
Pros
I found that there was often a lack of communication and an unsupportive environment. My role was part-time while studying for my A Levels - I had made it clear from the interview that studying and progressing to University were the most important things to me. However, the store constantly was seemingly short staffed and, although I was doing almost double my contracted hours some weeks without being asked, I would still get complained at when asked to work extra shifts and I couldn't because I needed to focus on school work.On top of this, nothing I did seemingly was ever good enough and I felt unsupported and disliked by the management.However, getting to talk with customers was fun, often, however, they would voice that the presence of staff as encouraged by the brand felt overbearing.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Unsupportive, lack of training
I really enjoyed my time at Superdrug. The team were lovely and really friendly, it was like being part of a family. I would recommend working for Superdrug.
Pros
Friendly team, good work environment
Cons
Had to push sims that couldn’t sell in my area
I’m not even sure why I still work here. I’m struggling with my mental health which has been brought on my stress and being spoken to horribly by management. As a part timer I’m expected to have the same results as full time staff and am constantly compared to others. Being reprimanded for not pushing our products hard enough to people who clearly don’t want them in public on the shop floor has me applying to other jobs because no one deserves to be spoke to like that.The rota is changed constantly and you’re expected to be aware of it, if you tell them you can’t work certain days be expected to be asked to do it or just put on the rota.My university experience has been negatively impacted because of hours I was given and the stress I’m constantly put under. I honestly loved the job but now I dread every shift and I’m praying another job comes up so I can get out.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, don’t work her if you don’t have a thick skin
The only thing that makes this place okay is that I've met a few good people but even then it's not worth it, most are not and do things just for themselves. The amount you have to do matched with how much you get pay is disgusting. Management say you have to do to get where you want and because its all about team work but it's not worth it. Not at all to be honest. They have rules some but it doesn't reply to others. The amount of nonsense you have to ask at tills or there's a chance of you getting fired is ridiculous too?? Customers hate it and so do we. Pay is disgusting as mentioned above, way too less for a company like that, they are wasting money that we could be paid with on stupid sims and leaflets or what not. Bad place, don't even get me started on higher management. Before someone says I should leave, I've thought about it but my store is secure especially as a university student who needs to make some money which is the only reason I am still there, along with most other students working in this company
Pros
Discount is decent at times. Met good people
Cons
Pay is so ridiculously low. Too much to ask at tills that even customers hate it.
I did enjoy working at superdrug and enjoyed doing all different sort of jobs like checkouts. Warehouse. Delivery. Promosions. Stocktaking, some people could be very two faced for example be nice to your face and then talk behind your back. I worked at superdrug for 5 year I did all overtime they offerd me even did nights and a refurb. I had to leave superdrug as I asked my manager at the Time if I could do school hours as my husband had got a full time job and I would work weekends. I was told no that she couldn't do that for me so I had to leave superdrug
Pros
Really nice place to work
Cons
Some people are two face
This retail company is by far one of the worst company’s I have worked for. The focus so much on their, add on sales, mobile network, points card ect ect. If you don’t do your job right their onto you and asking why. By this it became to much and I was very stressed and had a lot of anxiety about going to work and didn’t get any help from this company. Also being in a contract of 39 hours and you may need to work 40-59 hours a week due to promo set ups and stocktake and you DONT get paid any extra which is by far the worst and you don’t get time back either.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no lunch or breaks, paid 39 hours and no extra, no time back, rubbish discount, no company extras
  1. Employee reviews