Superdrug

Superdrug Employee Reviews

Found 1,754 reviews matching the search
I did enjoy working at superdrug and enjoyed doing all different sort of jobs like checkouts. Warehouse. Delivery. Promosions. Stocktaking, some people could be very two faced for example be nice to your face and then talk behind your back. I worked at superdrug for 5 year I did all overtime they offerd me even did nights and a refurb. I had to leave superdrug as I asked my manager at the Time if I could do school hours as my husband had got a full time job and I would work weekends. I was told no that she couldn't do that for me so I had to leave superdrug
Pros
Really nice place to work
Cons
Some people are two face
I really enjoyed my time at Superdrug. The team were lovely and really friendly, it was like being part of a family. I would recommend working for Superdrug.
Pros
Friendly team, good work environment
Cons
Had to push sims that couldn’t sell in my area
I’m not even sure why I still work here. I’m struggling with my mental health which has been brought on my stress and being spoken to horribly by management. As a part timer I’m expected to have the same results as full time staff and am constantly compared to others. Being reprimanded for not pushing our products hard enough to people who clearly don’t want them in public on the shop floor has me applying to other jobs because no one deserves to be spoke to like that.The rota is changed constantly and you’re expected to be aware of it, if you tell them you can’t work certain days be expected to be asked to do it or just put on the rota.My university experience has been negatively impacted because of hours I was given and the stress I’m constantly put under. I honestly loved the job but now I dread every shift and I’m praying another job comes up so I can get out.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, don’t work her if you don’t have a thick skin
The only thing that makes this place okay is that I've met a few good people but even then it's not worth it, most are not and do things just for themselves. The amount you have to do matched with how much you get pay is disgusting. Management say you have to do to get where you want and because its all about team work but it's not worth it. Not at all to be honest. They have rules some but it doesn't reply to others. The amount of nonsense you have to ask at tills or there's a chance of you getting fired is ridiculous too?? Customers hate it and so do we. Pay is disgusting as mentioned above, way too less for a company like that, they are wasting money that we could be paid with on stupid sims and leaflets or what not. Bad place, don't even get me started on higher management. Before someone says I should leave, I've thought about it but my store is secure especially as a university student who needs to make some money which is the only reason I am still there, along with most other students working in this company
Pros
Discount is decent at times. Met good people
Cons
Pay is so ridiculously low. Too much to ask at tills that even customers hate it.
This retail company is by far one of the worst company’s I have worked for. The focus so much on their, add on sales, mobile network, points card ect ect. If you don’t do your job right their onto you and asking why. By this it became to much and I was very stressed and had a lot of anxiety about going to work and didn’t get any help from this company. Also being in a contract of 39 hours and you may need to work 40-59 hours a week due to promo set ups and stocktake and you DONT get paid any extra which is by far the worst and you don’t get time back either.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no lunch or breaks, paid 39 hours and no extra, no time back, rubbish discount, no company extras
Nothing much to say other than don’t work for this company. No appreciation or support from this company and make you feel worthless and always under pressure and they are always getting complaints from their customers.
Pros
Pay is better than other places for this role.
Cons
Everything other than the pay
A typical day at work for a pre-registration pharmacist at superdrug involves labelling medicines and selling medicines OTC. You will basically be a full time dispenser and the managers keep nagging about getting customers to sign up to the pharmacy app and new EPS sign ups. You will be asked to go to the shop floor to harass customers to sign up to the pharmacy app. The residentials are mostly a waste of time in terms of study but a good way to connect with the other pre-regs. You get one study day off every other week but once you begin, you find out there are caveats to the advertised study time e.g you dont get a study day on the week of a bank holiday and so many others.Management at superdrug pharmacy is basically all about targets as mentioned above and dont actually understand the challenges of working in pharmacy with the added stress of nagging managers. Management is also very dishonest and threaten staff with redundancy, cutting hours if targets are not met. The management and pre-reg coaches seem to think that becoming a superdrug pharmacy manager is something to aspire to and keep making subtle threats about not offering jobs to pre-regs.The hardest part of the job is managing full time work with preparing for the registration assessment and also realising that community pharmacy is not very intellectually challenging and you will probably be one of the most educated people within the pharmacy team which is not ideal for your learning. The best part of the job is the opportunity to get hands on experience to consolidate your knowledge and also learning about - more...
Pros
30% discount off staff own label
Cons
Not capable of supporting pre-regs, daily searches, very low wage
Great place to work, friendly staff and brilliant progression opportunities for the right candidate. Work/targets can be tough but support is always available
Throughly enjoyed working with this company lovely friendly team and management team very helpful if unsure on what is required great family friendly hours
Pros
Discount card
Cons
I worked for superdrug many years ago as a cleaner and loved every minute of it the company were so appreciate of my hard work.I would recommend anyone to work for this company.GOOD TIMES before the place closed down.
Really lovely people, really fun and relaxed atmosphere but still have to work hard. Customers are the centre of attention so you need to be confident, sometimes you end up as a personal shopper to people, so knowledge of the products is important. Its lively and overall really fun.
Pros
Dyed hair is fine, same with piercings and tattoos, they enjoy individuality.
Cons
Struggled to get a work/ life balance.
Got a job in superdrug as a christmas temp and it was a great experience. Got more hours than i was contracted for which was brilliant. The staff made me feel very welcome. It was my first retail job and i got till trained very well. Loved working there!
Pros
Good amount of breaks. Very good discount
Cons
Pressure to keep strike rate down
So much time is wasted on online training that isn’t helpful instead of crucial training that helps you succeed. Unreasonable sales expectations! Very poor management and unhelpful colleagues. Generally a very unpleasant place to work.
Pros
Most colleagues nice enough!
Cons
Pretty much everything
I love working at Superdrug it’s like a family environment.I love every moment working at Superdrug it’s a fun atmosphere I highly recommend anyone to work here because you’ll enjoy it.
Pros
Discounts which is a bonus.
I worked with full passion and dedication throughout my probation period, meeting all my targets but was asked to leave as I had one absent. I felt the management needed an excuse to dismiss as they didn’t want to recruit any more permanent staff. Otherwise, job was good and people were friendly.
Pros
Good pay & Overtime shifts available
Cons
Short term work
The company are bothered about one thing: star buys. It is all about how many you can sell, your shift basically consists of standing behind a till repeating yourself like a parrot. If you do not sell enough star buys overall for the week then you'll be given a recorded conversation as the company so insists (as it is of course your fault if customers did not wish to buy them). Customers are for the most part not interested in purchasing these goods, and if they were they would've likely selected them for themselves. Most customers are disinterested when being offered star buy products and some make it abundantly clear they find it annoying being asked at all. Being as we are in the middle of a pandemic and remained open throughout national and local lockdowns, as superdrug is classified as an essential retailer, I do feel the company shouldn't have been pressuring staff to sell products which were non essential as that goes against the whole essential retailer aspect of being allowed to remain open for trade. They pay you until the store closes, but you cannot leave until the manager or whoever is on duty has cashed up and you have all signed out together. You are required to spin a dial and you either get no search, pockets or a bag search. So potentially you could be waiting for everyone to empty the contents of their handbags into a tray to check for theft before you can go home. I have no problem with being searched at all, but not in my own time 15 to 20 minutes a day adds up. They also have a lot of younger people working in stores as team leaders who do not appear to - more...
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Low hour contracts, pressure selling
Super drug do not look after their staff. Minimum wage. Lots of unpaid online training. Delays at clocking out which are unpaid. Poor management. Hard work for little appreciation.
Pros
A small discount on products
Cons
Everything!
Superdrug isn’t a good place to work. I would only recommend working here if you can handle hard sales which isn’t as advertised on the job description. The apprentice role isn’t a good job for a young adult to have, it’s way too much pressure, working as much as you are for the amount of money you get isn't great seeing as it is exactly the same as the sales assistant role. When working here I got an insight into the company, I found they only seem to care about hitting targets and selling a certain amount of products a day having to keep it below a certain percentage all week. So working here all week is very hard, especially as the star buys change weekly. Not only would you have to sell star buys at the tills but also registering a certain amount of beauty cards and trying to sell SIM cards. Even if someone came in wanting a drink you would still have to try and sell them a beauty card, a fragrance, 2 star buys and a SIM card to every single customer that came in. Especially during a pandemic having to hassle customers when they may just want to come in for something essential or just weren’t interested wasn’t fair on them or yourself. You had to be seen to do this every time for every customer. When you were on the tills you would have to keep a tally on how many beauty cards you registered, as well as having a head set on and having the manager tracking the amount of star buys your selling and pressuring you whilst working even if your clearly trying your best, your best never seems to be enough. If the customer doesn’t want the products it’s your fault and the way your - more...
Pros
Discount
Cons
Constant sales pressure, little encouragement and support, the company only seems to care about sales and hitting targets, a lot of hours for the amount you get paid, doing the same job as others but are getting paid much less.
Enjoying working for superdrug even though it was only a 6 month contract .. long hrs and sometimes freezing cold in the warehouse but other than that it was fine
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hrs
they had us on the headsets meant for communcating for help, to be listened to constantly to see if you ask the customer for a sim card, beauty card, star buy, and perfume. every transaction. bad pay for under 18s when you were achieving more than the 25+ y/os
Pros
amicable colleagues
Cons
hugely sales focussed
I loved working there. Fast pace and constantly put to the test. My pay wasn’t great and was hard for me to work every day on such little money without ever having a weekend off.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Working all weekend
  1. Employee reviews