SUPERDRY

SUPERDRY Employee Reviews

The team here are amazing and the area manager for the south west is pretty good too. The pay is minimum wage which sometimes seems too little for the work you do and the stress of retail. However the Plymouth branch in particular is quite relaxed and pays attention to your needs within reason. Getting holiday when you want is fairly easy too. 50% off clothes. The only downfall is that management and upper management is a bit all over the place which makes you feel lost and you definitely don’t get paid enough.
Pros
50% off clothes & relaxed environment
Cons
management is poor and minimum wage is not enough
During the time I was there, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. It was a good environment to work in and it really helped me develop my people skills and customer service skills. I've made life long friends too.
Decent job at first but then came all the changes and everybody was hung out to dry after being promised by the owner that he would always keep the logistic side of the company in Gloucestershire. Then low and behold it all got sent up north 100s of miles away.
Pros
Barnwood point Manager
Cons
Consultants that ruined the place .
Great supportive place to work with flexible hours and fair pay, with great bonuses and schemes to get involved with. Team members are very friendly and inclusive.
I wouldn’t work here, they do not value new staff, and take advantage of them (Messed me about due to covid)! Management is awful and it is obvious why superdry is failing. The place is a mess.
Pros
Cons
Do not value new staff
the culture is not existent and the working environment is toxic. very hard to share a different POV. The physical working environment is quite poor.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Aggressive management and lack of empathy
Small hour contracts, which is beneficial for working around uni/college or other commitments, but not so great if you are looking for full time. No career advancement available. Uniform allowance and staff discount are both really good. Easy job.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Unpaid lunch No career development
Easy enough job, it’s the same as every other retail job i’ve had, it’s always your colleagues that make the job fun rather than the actual job itself. but the discount is great and the pay is ok
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rotas can be hard work at times
Superdry is a great place to work, it has enabled me to gain experience in a fast paced retail environment. In addition to this the management team are amazing, I am given freedom to express my own opinions and my ideas are definitely taken into consideration when making decisions. The manager takes a relaxed approach which makes working there a joy however I still know that if there was an issue it would be dealt with immediately.
Pros
50% discount and generous uniform allowance.
Cons
Shifts are not given very far in advance
I loved working at Superdry and felt it gave me plenty confidence and I was definitely thankful for the opportunity. The team were fantastic and encouraged me all the time. I felt included and would recommend working here for a temp job like I did or permanently.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low wages
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SUPERDRY?
have worked here for two years, overall the company is good too work for, has good perks too the job, i.e uniform allowance, only cons are a lot of favoritism. hard work does get recognised but only when someone else has done it
Pros
50% off on website
Cons
management.
At SuperDry you will have time and people to help you develop yourself as retailer. Really fun place to work, good music , fun people and great benefits.
Pros
50 off plus uniform allowance
Cons
To progress you have to know people
Awful company to work for, low pay, overworked, company DONT care about staff, just greedy and money orientated, not willing to help/spend on employees
Cons
Overworked, greedy company, poor pay, poor training, do not follow procedures - health & safety etc, no support, company only care about money
This was a great intro to the retail industry for me. I was young and welcomed with open arms and became part of the Superdry family. We all cared for one another, benefits and uniform allowance were decent and management always put your best interests first in line in conjunction with customer satisfaction.
Pros
Great team
Cons
N/a
Superdry is a great company to work for if all you want is a weekend job alongside your main job or studies. Superdry is definitely not somewhere i would suggest working if you desire to progress in retail and/or use as a stepping stone towards your career goals. The company is very disjointed, unorganised and careless when factoring in its employees. I have spent the last 6 years working my way up from an 8 hour contract to full time. The progression is almost none existent, once you become a full time sales assistant that's basically the limit on your progression, roles above that have employees that are comfortable in their role, which goes right to the top, nobody can progress.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
underpaid, overworked, under appreciated, short staffed
Superdry seemed like a great company to work for, it had some nice benefits and the interview process was easy and i was excited for it. When I joined however it quickly went downhill. The Nottingham store at the time had a very childish school like clique and the senior staff seemed to bully anyone who wasn’t like them. I worked extremely hard but it was not good enough and manager was incredibly rude and insulting. There was a horrible atmosphere inthe shop even the customers said they felt sorry for us. Treated poorly and overworked.
Pros
50% discount on clothes. Other company benefits
Cons
Over worked, bad management, dark gloomy atmosphere sucks all your energy
This is a great company to work for, they have amazing benefits and its a relaxed place to work. However picked up bad vibes after working a week or so and obvious tension/rivalry between colleagues. Not everyone was bad vibes and did have a blast with some people in the store. Would I work at Superdry again? definitely but maybe a different branch
Pros
Business Perks, lump hours, low stress job
Cons
lack of responsibility from some managers
It wasn't a good environment for me personally as it was very much rooted in numbers. Some divide between managers, full time and temp staff. Not a very nurturing environment for employees
This company has been very friendly to me and therefore I made sure to put in 100% effort into the work. This place has been busy at peaks but with the positive attitude the team always overcome it.
This job became incredibly stressful during busy periods as they were understaffed and did not hire more. There were times I ran the men's floor by myself with no management on the floor. They expected you to be security and customer service at the same time.
Good training, excellent management and great collaboration. I would highly recommend working at Superdry. Great staff and products. Training is thorough.
  1. Employee reviews