SUPERDRY
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

SUPERDRY Employee Reviews

United Kingdom160 reviews

Fast-paced and nice.

Usually just went around fixing clothes unless I was helping people around. Was taught to use the devices around my second and third shift. Made some friends and manager team was GENERALLY nice.

Horrible experience

Worked there for 7months. Worst decision of my life. Area manager not helpful, company doesn't care about the people. Don't recommend it. Spent so many days working on my days off and nobody cared about it, zero support

Insights into SUPERDRY

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Overall good

Overall good but can get quiet at timesDecent benefits on job with discount buying onlinePretty basic pay and flexible with working hours and shifts for students

Productive and fun workplace

I loves working here I did temp over Christmas for the last 2 years, shift work available, canteen food was cheap and delicious and staff discount was not to be missed, the wearhouse team are like a little family, laid back but get the work done, I loved it there.

Pros

Staff discount. Great work team

Cons

Hard graft, but fun while working.

Amazing workplace depending on the people

I’ve loved working for SuperDry, my store has allowed me to grow by take on responsibility and supporting me within work but outside of work too. I have met and worked with some amazing people who I will treasure for life. I’ve gained experience from this job that will allow me to progress in my future. The job has helped me build up my confidence within a workplace environment and in my overall life too.

Fun culture but very repetitive days

A typical weekday can be very quiet and can often mean there is not much to do. Each day is not very different from the last and weekends aren’t much busier. I have learned about dealing with the public and how to perfect folding clothes but that’s about as far as it goes. Management are helpful and always promoting the positive culture which is great.

Fun, relaxed place

Good friendly environment, as a part-timer student there was a big too much pressure to be invested into your further progression in the company when I didnt forsee one

Fun and productive

Fun place to work. Does get busy sometimes. Friendly people to work with. Simple tasks to carry out through out the day. Understanding managers. Lots of incentives

Best retail job I’ve had

Superdry is a great place to work as managers are very accommodating. As a student I was able to transfer between my hometown and university store as and when I needed. For those students who did not have Superdry stores at home they were still kept on the payroll but given garden leave to accommodate university breaks, which proves that Superdry regard staff as people and not just numbers unlike other retail stores. Amazing benefits such as extensive discounts and access to a staff only shop that sells cheap exclusive items. As my job was retail I had to work most weekends and at least 2 late shifts a week but that is expected.

Pros

Great discount and friendly staff. Management are accommodating with day off requests.

Cons

A lot of weekend working and sometimes shifts can go on until 10pm.

Ok place to work...

But while I worked there literally nobody visited our store. I blame the prominence of the online stores, but it can't be helped. We weren't always stocked with the newest items and I felt bad turning customers away or telling them to shop online instead. I was starting to struggle with cleaning the dirty store on Saturday mornings as my allergies flared up with all the dust and also realised that the store was hardly cleaned before Saturday mornings- meaning out of everybody on the job, I was the only sweeper. Felt unfair and also dangerously unsafe. Otherwise, the job is just like any retail job including a great staff discount and a chilled atmosphere in the store during working hours...

Pros

Generous staff discount

Cons

Sometimes boring

Decent if you want part-time flexible hours

Great place to work for as you're transitioning from place to place in your life. I.e.. from university to working full timeBut at the Liverpool store the hours are sparse if you want full-time work unfortunately. Management are brill however, and couldn't be more flexible and kind.

Decent place to work

Fun place to work if you have a good team. Pay is poor ( minimum wage ) for jobs you have to do You will only progress if you know the right people.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Unfair opportunity to progress.

Management suck.

Management extremely poor, inappropriate relationships with staff to terrible communication. If you have the right kind of work colleagues it can be a fantastic, social place otherwise it’s dull, boring and negative.

Pros

Allowance

A Great place to work

I found SUPERDRY's Cribbs Causeway store to be a great experience from beginning to end. In particular management are very personable and understanding. It's clear the manager and his team care about the wellbeing of their staff.The hours are flexible and the work atmosphere is friendly and efficient. The company continues to take steps toward being carbon neutral alongside other environmentally friendly measures. A great place to work, I would highly recommend it.

Pros

Great discounts, Opportunities to win free prizes, Comfortable working environment

Boring, slow paced

Very boring, staff turnover very high. No progression in the company. Overall, o would not recommend. Only good thing is the other staff you work with

Management are supportive. Overal company is true to their values, salary isnt great with the rise in cost of living but they have some good incentives which help occasioanlly.

Pros

Discount

Fun place to work

Superdry was a busy place to work, mostly at the weekends and during the festive period. A largely student orientated job so there was a turnaround of staff from time to time but there was always a good atmosphere in the workplace.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Weekend shifts

Good company to work for, friendly people

Good company to work for - struggle with internal development. If you are in Junior position pay isn't great. Good perks and supportive and understand you have a life out of work

Pros

Flexible, Great company benefits

Cons

Hard to develop, pay

Not bad

It pays the bills and brand sell itself, good quality clothing, not bad . Staff very nice, management was alright. Had a good experience. It's okay for students

Pros

Staff

Cons

Pay

Good first job

Its a good first job working at superdry, it can be very boring at times but most of the people you work with are really nice and supportive which is great.

Pros

Paid birthday 50% staff discount Relaxed environment

Cons

sometimes the hours are quite unsociable boring sometimes

Fun and exciting but can be stressful when busy, management are really good most of the time, very diverse team to be apart of and have made new friends.

Pros

£100 clothing allowance twice a year and 50% staff discount

Cons

Long hours sometimes, stressful at flagship stores like London, Birmingham ect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUPERDRY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement