SuperStars

Working at SuperStars: 42 SuperStars Reviews

United Kingdom42 reviews

Good people to work with and for.

There is a good qualification to be undertaken whilst working at Superstars. Communication within the company is good. They are growing since returning from Covid 19 Lockdowns with potential new contracts becoming available.

Pros

Qualifications, Good social and working hours

Cons

Schools can choose for half days and not full days work.

Fantastic workplace for an introduction to the education sector

As a new music graduate, working for SuperStars has given me invaluable experience in the education sector. I would recommend working for SuperStars to all graduates of arts subjects, as well as those who have studied sports. All staff are supported to the nth degree by the fantastic SuperStars management team in the development of our professional practice and teaching skills. SuperStars provide excellent training for the role. I am extremely satisfied in my role!

Insights into SuperStars

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility

Supportive environment

The management team give you the tools in which set you up for a successful career with superstars. You never feel like you are alone in the job as the support system is so good.

Pros

Vast amount of experience working in schools

Cons

Pay

Good idea but poor management and support

Great working with the children and a good chance to learn on the job but you're thrown in at the deep end with little support. Poor management who don't answer emails (or take a very long time to answer emails) - some are better than others but overall, very poor communication. Very poor lesson plans online so most people end up writing their own, which means the minimum wage doesn't cover your time.

Sport coach

Great bunch of people to work with. Good variety of sports to deliver to the children. Paid promptly and as long as you are fair with them they are fair with you

Superstars is a great opportunity

Working as a P.E specialst has been the best job I've had, its given me the opportunity to widen my skills base and the opportunity to gain an extra qualification to add to my CV to help me progress towards becoming a teacher. The management support is fantastic and they are always reaching for you to be the best specialist you can be. Working for superstars definitely gives you a sense of achievement and pride and seeing the effect you have on the pupils is heart warming.

Great opportunity to begin your teaching career

SuperStars are a fun and productive company to work for. They have offered me a fantastic opportunity to begin my teaching career, working in 2 different schools and also working as a supply/cover teacher. I started teaching as a drama teacher and have been able to expand my work by teaching PE, Outdoor Learning and Dance. You are paid for your teaching training which not many companies offer. The team at SuperStars are very supportive and encouraging and are always there to help. The company offer a qualification at the end of the year and you work towards this by submitting assignments, taking part in an exam and a formal observation. The qualification is great to have on your CV and offers a great start into your teaching career. However the most important value of the company is working with the children and offering them the best education and a fun environment. SuperStars vision is expanding and they are able to offer great company benefits such as certificates/letters, recognition, a bonus, and company conferences and activities. All dependant on your work and teaching standards. I aspire to work hard as this company offer you so much in return, and are very friendly and caring towards their staff. I appreciate the opportunity they have given me to begin my teaching career, they have enabled me to enrich my love for teaching! You must have dedication and a love for teaching primary children If you decide to take on a role at SuperStars. It’s important you are passionate, and they really appreciate this.

Pros

Direct teaching at Schools, Qualification, Company Support, Travel Costs.

Cons

Long distance travel, not full time work.

Great opportunity and stepping stone

I joined the SuperStars team this year and it’s been a great, all be it very challenging experience. I am in two different school placements and both have completely different pupils, resources and materials. My one school in particular has some very challenging pupils but I’ve received a lot of support, my confidence has grown so much so far and whilst I still have challenges I’m finding the whole experience so rewarding. Not many places give you the opportunity to lead classes and I’m confident that experience has helped me get my PGCE place for September. A real insight into what teaching can be like.

Pros

Paid travel contributions, Experience, support, continued CPD and training with regular tutorials, qualification and paid placement

Cons

Travel, my one school I travel 45 minutes to but worth it for the experience, no guaranteed work outside of school time

Great route to a PGCE

This is my first year at SuperStars as a PE Specialist. I was attracted due to the qualification they offer to help me get my dream job as a PE Teacher. Yes, the days can be challenging, but I knew that was what I wanted and working with children is so rewarding. I work in several schools teaching PE and the induction training I was given from SuperStars was excellent and the continued support from the Management team is really good. On hand to answer any questions I have and they regularly contact me and visit me at the schools I am working in. I would highly recommend anyone who wants to become a teacher to join SuperStars. The experience has been very valuable for me and now I have a place on a PGCE because of this!

Dont even bother applying, find somewhere else

The worst company to ever work for! They make out like they are such an unbelievable company but really they are all frauds! When I was at the group interview they walked into the room and said “we’ve had over 200 applicants this week, you’ve done so well to make it this far”. However, after working there for about two weeks I soon realised they were so understaffed and had lied to ensure they employed me! Every person there had serious attitude problems and spoke to you with such disrespect. Aswell as this they claim to have all the lesson plans set up for you to make the job easy, but in fact they are awful and you spend more time trying to work out what they mean. Awful company, awful managers, don’t ever work for them!

fun and rewarding

very enjoyable voluteering opportunity for work experience. helps to develop many skills for future. staff are friendly and enjoy what they do. rewarding but challenging at times

Awful Organisation and Management

Within my time at Superstars they messed me around constantly, from not sorting out DBS to not sticking to their words. It has been a very stressful experience and it might be okay if you're only doing 1 day a week but do NOT put yourselves in a position to do 3 or more days a week. It will not go well.

Pros

Teaching the children is so rewarding

Cons

Bad Management, no organisation skills, bad communication, Low Pay, Long distance

amazing place to work!

I've recently joined the superstars team as an art specialist and I absolutely love it!! This job is so enjoyable as you experience the joy of teaching something you love. If you love what you do and have a passion for working with children, this is the IDEAL job for you There is also an option to work through the school half terms on the holiday course team which is great for me as I have a young child myself who can go to superstars camp with me, which relieves the stress of having to arrange childcare completely! The staff are incredibly friendly, always contactable and nothing is too much trouble for them So excited to see what my time with superstars brings!

Pros

offers excellent opportunities for your field of expertise

Cons

No term time holidays permitted

Staff relations

All the staff at superstars are incredibly friendly, easy going and always available to contact. I have been working for the company for 2 years and have had no trouble with any staff and have enjoyed regular conversations with regards to teaching and company life with them

Pros

Holiday pay

Cons

Inflexible hours

Fantastic company great job!!

Amazing company to work for! Allows me the enjoyment of teaching without the additional pressure that comes with it ! Also allows me to develop my knowledge and understanding of my subject through additional qualifications that help further my career. Staff support is fantastic with on job support as well as office support from management. Job provides different opportunities through teaching or holiday courses or birthday parties !

Pros

Great hours to fit around me !

Cons

Holidays are fixed.

Really fun and rewarding place

I joined SuperStars in September and was a unsure if I actually could teach, but now after 2 terms its unbelievable how much I have improved. The schools I am placed in are so supportive, and the support from the qualification that I am undertaking is invaluable. I have now gotten my place on a PGCE and will fulfil my dream of becoming a teacher, but more than that; working at SuperStars has made me more resilient and creative as it has opened me up to more experiences and ways of working with children.

Pros

The training and support from the staff manager

Horrible place to work

Was treated unfairly in the work place. Wages were appalling for the amount of stress you were put under from management. I wouldn't advise anyone to work here.

Pros

nothing

Cons

poor salary, working on lunch, lots of travel (paid at 16p a mile!!!)

Love my job

This is my second year at SuperStars. I started with 1 day of work last July and gained an extra day this year to fit around my studies. I am now enrolled onto a teaching qualification in PE and the difference in my second year after having a term of work is fab. The schools I work at are so different and have different challenges but both are so rewarding. I now know I want to work with children ks2. The company are really supportive. They have high expectations of attendance and planning but support with school visits and meetings to help.

Pros

The training and conference and support

Cons

Changes of staff manager

Good, fun job

Very good job. Sometimes not enough hours and a lot of travelling to work in various schools. Good management and very supportive. Worked at some brilliant schools with great children.

Teaching gold

I am a PE specialist and joined in Summer. I am doing my level 3 teaching PE qualification and its been a real help in my job. I am a 3rd year Sports student and want to become a teacher and I have learned so much already. I though the training wouldn't be enough but I have had so much support already in school from my manager and also 2 classes on behaviour management. My school is a challenge in terms of so many classes but I love it. I am making relationships with tecahers and parents. Cant wait to apply to my PGCE.

Pros

Planning done for you. Staff social. Expense and holiday pay. Qualification

Amazing school, team, friends

. I have joined SuperStars this year as I want to become a teacher, and the TCL Music qualification is a huge bonus. I have met everyone in the company including the CEO. My manager called me the night before my first day and helped me settle my nerves. My 2 schools are fantastic. I was shown around the school and whilst they informed me that their previous SuperStars were very good; they made me feel welcomed. So far I have taught all of KS2 which is amazing, and whilst I thought I would have to do my own planning, there are loads of resources and plans and even better; I'm "Jazzing" them up with my own ideas having studied composition. I am so happy to have gotten this job - I know I want to be a teacher.

Pros

Felling like a teacher

Cons

Not getting paid like a teacher..yet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SuperStars. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Learn about SuperStars in popular locations

• SuperStars