SureCare Newcastle & North Tyneside logo
SureCare Newcastle & North Tyneside

SureCare Newcastle & North Tyneside Employee Reviews

Great workplace

Very good management, treat as equals within the company, more of a family feeling than employee/employer. Very rewarding job seeing how happy I am making the service users

Lovely company to work for!

The staff at SureCare genuinely care about each other. They offer great flexibility with hours to meet your needs and have great incentives for staff. The service users are lovely. They cover a variety of areas to suit where you live / travel time etc. The job is a great way to learn and meet new people.

Pros

Petrol allowance, travel time and hourly pay

Happy family environment

I'm so happy to be working for surecare, I have met some lovely people in the short time I've been here. My colleagues are second to none. So glad I applied for this job

Pros

Working with very professional people

Amazing

They take into consideration of your thoughts and feelings. Anything unsure, office staff available to speak to. Brilliant for parents that need something flexible, friendly and most importantly approachable!

Family feel they care for there staff

I worked in the care industry many years ago. I have worked a lot of years in retail. I was made redundant from my current job. I decided to move away from retail and go back to a job that was more rewarding. I had applied for other carer company’s, but with surecare I liked the reviews from Surecare Newcastle and had a good feeling. What attracted me was how it came across of a family feel and that the management where there to support you. Once I completed the interview process and training, I did shadowing for 3 days, I was overwhelmed on my first day of shadowing, but by the end of my 1st day of shadowing I knew I had made the right choice with surecare. I have now completed my training and all management are there to support you threw it. I am glad I followed my gut instinct in joining surecare it is rewarding to help people to live independently at home, and to be part off a company that makes you feel your part of a family, I have only worked for just 3 months, and hope to work with surecare for many years. If you are wanting to work as a home carer I would 100% recommend surecare.

Pros

Family feel support when needed

Fantastic team, Different experiences

Got the interview within days of applying, and had the job by the end of the week. Very professional and friendly team from start to finish. All of the office team have always been extremely helpful and caring, was part of the team as soon as I stepped into the building. Everyone came to say hello and introduce themselves. Then while shadowing in training I was shown alot of things. As I am a practical person I learnt alot while doing on the job training rather than online. The team outside of the office, the other carers have all been polite and friendly. Overall lovely company to work for and have made my journey with SureCare amazing.

Pros

Work independently, close to home, personal satisfaction of helping.

Excellent Company to work for

Currently work for The SureCare Company it’s a great company that listens to you, understand you and acts on any raised issues and values you as an employee. Management is great. Managing roats correctly. Very caring, professional, flexible and responsive. Excellent office staff and colleagues im proud to join with such a good SureCare company. Fairly paid wages, holidays and travel money. Family run bussiness everyone treated like family members. Always hold your back while you are out on run, always someone on call in the weekend so you never feel alone when you’re out for work. Best wishes fo SureCare to gorw as a more greater company in future.

The best decision I ever made!

As a complete beginner in care, SureCare have been so supportive in training and helping me build the skills to be an effective care assistant. The managers and office team are all fantastic and so helpful, they really can't be faulted. They're always there to help straight away and are very approachable. The training they provided was in depth, informative and really prepared me for the job. The care assistants are all so welcoming and friendly. There are monthly team meetings, where the office staff catch up with everyone and find out how everyone is doing/pass on information. There are opportunities for progression and extra training if you would like to acquire new skills. The service users truly are a pleasure to work with. All in all, this is a fantastic company to work for and each day really is an enjoyable experience, making it feel hardly as if it is work. If you, like I was, are initially in two minds about whether this is the right job for you, take a chance on SureCare and I can guarantee you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Great Company

Great family run company who have looked at problems other dom care companies have with staff, and put them right with them. Excellent and very relevant training.

Lovely company

Worked for surecare for a couple of months now and from interview stage to being out on the job you are supported massively from all office staff. They are very approachable easy to talk to and will help in anyway they can. The runs are all nice as well. I've enjoyed working for surecare so far and can't see any reason why I won't continue to enjoy it.

Jobs at SureCare Newcastle & North Tyneside

See more jobs

Worst company

make sure you read your contract properly before signing it as if you leave within certain periods you could be made to pay upto £800 for training costs however you are not even paid to do the training only if you leave after working for them for 6months you won’t be made to pay anything back. They say you will get full time hours but you don’t. The registered manager puts pressure on people to pick up work, when the care coordinator rings and asks to cover work if you say no she’ll accept it, then an hour later the registered manager rings and puts pressure on you and you feel like you can’t say no to her, she seems to forget that it is a zero hour contract and starts saying “you are permitted to work every other weekend” or she will say “it’s in your availability”am sure zero hour contracts are not supposed to be like that especially when the manager forgets it’s zero hour and near enough threatens staff to work when they say no. The clients are lovely so are most carers you work with. Also you could be working with a carer that does not do personal care on males which is absolutely shocking considering they are carers. Company has a lot of potential just a shame about certain things that bring it down massively

30 April 2020
Here at SureCare we pride ourselves in providing not only a high quality service to our service users but all staff members to. We are saddened to here such feedback as it does not reflect any of our current reviews. As such we invite you to contact our office directly to discuss this further. All feedback, comments and suggestions are taken seriously to ensure we learn and improve as a business.

Bad company

Long shifts, loads of gaps in rotas, recruitment process and recruitment person is amazing but once you go through recruitment and start training it all crumbles. If you leave before 12 months you have to pay back training costs around £600 however you don’t get paid for training absolute rip off. You have to shadow for free and don’t get this back til after probation. No sits as there is only 1 24 hour package. So all there is is door to door calls.

30 April 2020
Here at SureCare we pride ourselves in providing not only a high quality service to our service users but all staff members to. We are saddened to here such feedback, we provide staff with all the information the job role entails and operate in an open and transparent way throughout. We appreciate all feedback and use this information to learn and grow as a company.

Horrid company

One of the worst companys I have ever worked for, they do not care about you and will take hours off you to give to others, you are out more than 12 hours and are lucky if you work and get paid for 7. I hated every minute of being there and although you are trained to do correct moving and handling most carers do not and had to inform office on multiple occasions to tell them about it. I wouldn't recommend working here at all, the only good thing is that you can decline shifts

2 December 2019

Family run business

Very family oriented, staff are looked after and respected. Service users are everyone's priorit, lovely care workers who go above and beyond. Management are approachable and all of the staff in the office are friendly and helpful.

Pros

Flexible and lovely staff

Cons

Can't think of any

Looking forward to a long term career with SureCare

I have just completed my induction with SureCare. The recruitment process was quick, thorough and the training was second to none. This is a genuinely caring company. It is so apparent from day one that this company cares about it's staff and service users. The Managers, Senior Staff and Office staff are friendly, approachable and immediately make you feel part of the team. The training itself is robust and has made me feel confident in getting out there and being the best care worker I can be. Professional development is encouraged and you are supported to achieve your career goals. Having had such a negative experience with my previous care company I was reluctant to apply with another care company in the fear it would be the same. This company really sets the standard for what care is all about and I am excited to start my SureCare journey.

Pros

In depth training, continued professional development, regular supervision, professional and competent team, supportive team

18 September 2019
Thank you for your kind words, we are delighted that you have enjoyed the journey so far, welcome to our team!

Honestly, look no further than SureCare, they are amazing!

I did a lot of research before applying to Domiciliary Care companies as I'd heard a few horror stories about the way staff are treated in the Care industry. This is a family led company with sound, humanitarian values and treat ALL staff and ALL service users with the utmost respect, fairness and kindness. I have never seen anything like it! Training was extensive, engaging, practical and ultimately a great foundation for getting out in the field, whether you've worked in care before or not. There appears to be plenty of scope for career progression if you want it, and you receive regular Supervision and Continuing Professional Development meetings to help ensure you're not just competent, but also HAPPY in your job :D The management and office staff are very approachable, make you feel like part of the family from day 1, and generally just put a smile on your face! Hourly rate of pay is slightly lower than some care companies, but the difference is you get paid TRAVEL TIME, not just mileage, so it works out better if you're a driver.

Pros

Lovely staff

16 July 2019
Delighted to hear how happy you are working for SureCare Newcastle & North Tyneside! Just so you know, travel time is also paid to our walkers!! I hope you continue to enjoy your experience with us :)

This company is family based and led. This shows in the environment in the office. They are always willing to help in any situation.

I have worked for a couple of care companies but i have to say this is the best by far. The office and management are always there to support you in any way possible. I have worked for Sure care for nearly a year and half and I have gone from being a care worker/team leader in the field to a team leader in the office in that time. I have learnt a great deal in my step up, with the management to support me. As i am team leader all the care workers can come to me at any time with any problems and i will support them. The best part of my job is knowing that we are helping people to live in their own homes. I love to make people happy and smile. I have to say the hardest part is losing someone you care for on a daily basis. As a care company Sure Care care for all their staff exceptionally well and as i have said are always willing to help in any circumstance

Pros

Good rate of pay, millage

Cons

Losing a Service User

A genuine caring care company

I have only worked for SureCare Newcastle for just over 3 months and the difference from other care companies was noticeable from day 1. They value every member of staff and the values they teach is second to none. The training is extensive and the management team have an open door policy and are very approachable and supportive. They also know each and every one of their service users. A really good place to work.

Pros

Great values

Cons

Loss of a service user

Good place to work.....

Really enjoying working for everyday for SURECARE NEWCASTLE. Professional staff. Excellent management and very supportive manager who listens and understands what we all do and always there to provide the best advise and service for you and your families requirements. The team leaders, management and senior staff members are very friendly and approachable, who set clear direction and are good communicators- so you receive plenty of support. There are good development opportunities if you are willing to work hard and they encourage you to set objectives and progress. Good working conditions, fair pay, uniform, pension scheme, Flexible hours.

Pros

Great Company to work

Very Caring Company

At Surecare Newcastle I am currently working as a home care worker and have been for the last 6 months. Before starting this job, i had another interview for a different care job but the environment was not the best . Since getting to know the management in the office the work environment is really good, all clients are really good as we ensure they get looked after appropriately. As staff we truly get respected from all levels of management. I regular visit the office as it very approachable and like a second family. I’m very happy I started working for Surecare and I can happily say I’m now part of the Surecare family. My opinion on the company is simple even if other care company offered me more money I wouldn’t leave purely because I wouldn’t receive the same level respect, committed, honestly or support. They truly care and support the staff. My whole experience from training to shadowing was very smooth as I had no previous care experience so they have defiantly made me the good care worker I am today.

Pros

Pay package (Travel time & Mileage) and Management team

Cons

Loss of Service User

Very Caring Company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SureCare Newcastle & North Tyneside. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4