Surrey Police

Surrey Police Employee Reviews

If you want to have no life balance, be dis respected by management, be spoken to like a piece of dirt by the public 24 hours a day 365 days a year then this is for you
good place to work. the vetting will take a month or so , very friendly people. . lots of job variety. police great to work with. management in my department good , but could have had some more support.
Pros
discounts on some shop items
Cons
hight call outs
Great development opportunities and fabulous teams to work with.Good benefits with the organisation.If you like hard work in a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you. But the job is balanced by great training, development and support and job satisfaction.
Pros
Development
Cons
Shift Work - inc weeekends
I recommend working for Surrey Police as it’s a great place where there are lovely people. You feel like being part of a big family. The health and safety department is a proper team.
I initially took up a civilian post, of which I absolutely loved. Hard days and good days combined. A change in the services, salary, working weekends, longer days and forced changes spurred me on to become a P.C. First 2 years was pretty good, a mix of senior management, some loved themselves, others more fair. Later joined neighbourhood team, where the unfairness was constant, the younger prettier staff got away with lots as did those who fitted in. I got treated like dirt. I complained, it went to the investigation team, that officer went off sick and I left to start a new career. My complaint never got dealt with, I never got any apologies for the way in which I was treated and it ruined a career I truly loved, because of some senior colleagues who thought they were the best since sliced bread. Every day being targeted and spoken too like dirt spurred me to resign.
I started with Surrey police in 2005 and at first all was good until three years ago when a colleague lied about an alleged incident and I was not supported at all. I would have thought an Organisation that investigates public matters and looks for facts in order to conduct enquires would have been better, however I was treated as "guilty until proved innocent"!
fun but proffesional and looked after if you need support yes good support and help in any situation regarding the work you do and very supportive regarding your home life
Pros
security treated well good family
Cons
Supportive Co workers and management & lots of support if needed. You are pushed to go onto training courses and improve your skills in the workplace.
This is a large organisation where it is impossible to generalise with regards to what a typical day would be like, management, culture, or what is enjoyable.
An innovative police force struggling to keep up with the current changing politics of life. They offer a rewarding experience for the young officer with plenty of opportunities to excel and gain promotion. Still suffers from some institutional bias but then all forces do at the moment. This can only improve as younger people join and the old guard retire. The force is often used as a stepping stone to the Metropolitan Police
If you are looking to join up I wouldn't say no, you have to be dedicated an certain that this is the job you want otherwise you wont enjoy it but it give it a go
Salary is not that great , should have pay review after probation period of 3 months, then annual pay award same as the NHS. Enjoyed working part of the friendly team that took time to teach you how the department is run and training on the different systems that the department use.
The job itself I loved. I was there almost 9 years and found it hard to leave because of the pay rate and overtime. I was so desperate to get out I took a pay cut. Trying to get Annual leave is a nightmare. Sickness policy is a joke. Management is awful and I’m not surprised when meeting up with friends to hear that nothing has changed and if anything is worse.
Shift work, no work life balance, managers who will do your legs to get ahead. Risk adverse culture which restricts what you can do and makes simply tasks extremely hard to complete. No proper training department anymore, big work loads, poor moral, all for the starting wage of £22k! don't do it!
Pros
Cons
long forced hours, no rewards, bad managment.
• Carrying out research tasks in relation to vehicles, addresses, people and offences to find links, trends and patterns • Producing force wide briefing notices for police officers to help identify offenders • Producing subject and firearm profiles for warrants and intelligence purposes
Good company to work for and very rewarding work. I have been party of this organisation for 31 years and have the relevant knowledge on how it has developed its workforce.
Close knit team as work was serious but friendly colleagues. Some benefits included. Training opportunities available and later on there are progression and redeployment opportunities.
Surrey Police headquarters is based in Guildford and it is a nice friendly place to work with a good work life balance. I would highly recommend work for them.
In These difficult times of austerity there are many changes taking place. The people working here are what keeps this ship afloat. Many many great people doing great things,
A varied career with plenty of challenges but also very rewarding and was sad to leave Over the 30 yrs i was encourage to self develop and learnt many new skills through experiences and courses
I have worked in Surrey Police for nearly 6 years now and have enjoyed every minute. The original role was new when I started and I have been able to make it my own and put into place the processes that are still being used today. There is an incredible amount of change going and opportunity available within the financial side of the force it would have been a really interesting place to work over the next couple of years but I find myself having to relocate to Bristol because of my husbands work commitments.
Pros
Trusted to work and develop ideas on your own
Cons
Some work was transactional
  1. Employee reviews