Sushi Daily

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Fun workplace but a little too relaxed

This was my first paid job, so it was a perfect atmosphere, with a great boss, flexible hours and exciting, rewarding work. I was able to work as many hours as I wanted, fitting it around my college timetable which was ideal. I really enjoyed this job for a couple months, however, as business slowed down, I often had no jobs to occupy my shift and would be waiting around for something to do as there was an unnecessary amount of staff on shift at the same time.

Pros

Flexible hours/shifts

Cons

Nothing to do during the shift

Long hours / very small Kiosk / Poor management and lack of staffs

Very long hours for just stand there and making sushi in small kiosk . Only 2-3 persons in kiosk and a lots of work to be done on time!! Start very early morning which is fine but every time I start work the manager always panicking and rush us to work quickly so we can make lots of products for the day. Lack of staffs and management. There’s only 2 person in the morning shift and when I was working there I have to work with my manager every morning and to be honest it just make the job more stressful. Overall the job is fine but not the best job if you looking for life balances, teamwork and good environment. I have left the job when the pandemic happen

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Long hours, lots pressure working in early morning, bad management

They make freshly hand made sushi daily.

They make freshly hand made sushi for their customers and their standard are too high to make sure their customers are getting the fresh and safe food daily and for some people is easy and for some people is not so it’s better u think 🤔 before u say yes u can do this job without trying it and that is the reason when u go for interview after u r selected in the interview they give u trial shift and ask u after if it suits u or not and if it does then u can Cary on working with them they don’t put pressure on u and they work together like a small family and give u the rota as per ur availability to Make ur self available for ur other commitments u may have.

Pros

Free sushi/ discounted food / free fruits 🍎 Holidays Paid.

Cons

No music 🎼 on job and can’t consume any food during work inside kitchen.

Don't go there if your mental health is important to you

If the director doesn't like you he assaults you verbally and the fire you in the middle of the covid outbreak. It means if he cannot take you over,you lost, abusive, arrogant style he has, he think he controls the universe.There's no proper training at all

Pros

nice collegues from the old team

Cons

the management is unfair, unreilable

Worst company I've ever worked for

Kicked to the curb within 3 WEEKS of employment for "slow progress" knowing full well I had to be trained from scratch, that was the reason I was given.. Extremely unprofessional through out.. Expect you to know Japanese names of food then make fun of you in their language when you didn't know. Worst management and worst company I've ever worked for

Pros

Pay

Cons

Unprofessional, impossible to do your job

Unorganized, nothing to learn

Messy, stressful shifts , never finish in time They dont train you so there is no opportunity to move forward. Salary is also low, should be reviewed more often.

Pros

Free sushi

Cons

low salary, no training provided

Long Hours

Everyone has roughly the same level of work loans. The work is pretty demanding, too much preparation to organise in a short time before rush hour times and you cannot keep a drink in the kiosk if your feeling dehydrated. Long hours from keeping your head down and working, strains your neck and causes stress on the shoulders and back. It's good you get a free meal for lunch, but on very busy days there's no time to make your lunch.

bad management

started time i got pay break. now not pay break. not happy to continue work. holiday period they want sale up. they don't know how to manage team.. not motivate to staff. just give the stress. some people leaving. i am trying to find new job.

They need robots not people!

They don't explain you basic things but expect you to know and do them. When I asked about the menus they had and how many should be done,I was just answered this was not for me to know. So I was struggling to know what to put inside the sushi and had the need to be asking all the time. They accept you to work without kitchen experience but they will make fun of you in their language (they speak very poor english) and boring faces when you ask things. They give you wrong instructions and after make you feel like a fool. You will be required to stock the kitchen products with japanese names you probably never knew before but you need to remember all of them by your second day of work. When you are a newbie they will expect you to do some of the difficult work they don't want to do while they keep chatting and rolling sushi. You will still be told you are slow even when they are not faster than you and cut themselves all the time (but you can't because you are new). You need to be able to manage the kitchen tasks and talk with customers ouside the kiosk at the same time.

They would expect you to be treated as slaves !

They will give you shifts and expect to finish the task at certain time whilst they have given you hectic jobs ! ( plus they’d call you time to time to tell you while you’re still working ) Most applicants don’t last here for more than a week , the owners , have very unbelievable expectations If you get assigned in the kitchen , expect long hours , they don’t care if you get sick , they will still want you to work! You would be expected to work on your own with kitchen and entertaining of customers

Pros

Free sushi

Cons

Too demanding, pays once a month, sometimes late

Productive and fun workplace

I learned a lot of useful skills while working at Sushi Daily which will definitely help me in the future. I am a student and the hours were very flexible to fit my schedule.

Unfair

Workers often exceed their contractual hours, which makes the rota absolutely unfair. The place isn’t as professional as you would think and the wage is pretty low than should be expected for such a demanding job.

worst interview ever

It was in the Waitrose car park Abergavenny by a area manager no notes taken, very poor questions, standing up in the full sun never asked about me who i was what i done etc. never told me much about them, what there aims were i bet he has never had a training on this as hasn't a clue. needs sacking for such a poor show, no insite, no clue.

Pros

none talked about

Cons

very poor as area manger has no clue

It was a good company

Good company, nice job also paid but honestly was not the job I was looking for, I'm looking for something different, something where I can do the difference, care assistant

Not a great place to work

Very badly managed and disorganised. As repetitive as working at a fast food restaurant. No clear daily tasks, these change by the minute. Incredible amount of wasted food and products.

Fun, but could have chosen a better Franchisee Managers

Fun, but they could have chosen a better trained Franchisee Managers, who knows more about running the business, how to abide by the norms, does proper procedures etc. and also someone who knows how to look after and treat their employees fair.

Fun and very friendly staff

I went in with no prior experience and they had taught me everything from scratch and they were fun and compassionate. As it is a franchise, management may be unusual with contradicting views from the owners of the franchise and the owners of the store. It is an open kitchen therefore, anyone can see you so it puts more pressure on the workers unfortunately

Pros

Free Sushi

Cons

Open kitchen

fan place

Good place to work,but long hours. If you looking for a long working hours it's the best choice. You could learn everything in there. Because they always short of staff, you will need to learn everything to organise the business.

Fun workplace

I enjoyed working at Sushi Daily i learnt how to manage stock and food preparations. I t was a fun environment to be in i was just unable to do the hours due to personal problems.

Pros

Free lunches

Great Environment and Productive

It was a pleasure to work such a diverse environment and hard working people which have greatly contributed developing a lot of skills. It was a great achievement learning how to make sushi and people are so fun to work with always give me a good vibe.

Pros

Holiday

Cons

No discount

Busy

It was great working there I managed to pick up many skills which helped me carry out my job and also help me at home personally, at certain times the place can get busy but it was overall a fun experience.

Pros

free luch

Cons

Early shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sushi Daily. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement