Sushi Gourmet

Sushi Gourmet Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment and fun workplace

At first I found it quite stressful but you quickly get the hang of it. Working in SG was fun and challenging at the same time. Friendly people and helpful managers. Love the culture.Management is very understanding of your needs and gets that you're human and mistakes can be made.

Pros

Start/finish early, free lunch, good team work within the area, supportive management, flexible hours

Cons

Understaffed, must be flexible to cover other sites with short notice

Very stressfull and no overtime pay, no contract hour, bad area manager, specially in london area

Area manager is very bad in london area, they will say anything thats good in the interview just to get you interested, without telling the bad things, - No overtime pay if they demand you to work overtime. - If the sale is not meet, they will reduce your hour, sometimes even take you off the schedule- Rota change easily, you can be call to come to work when you off, if someone doesn't showed for their rota.- Area manager never listen to complains, specially london area, he always said its not my job, so what is your job? - if your colleague do not show, his/her work will be added to your work load also without overtime pay.Its going to be long if I put here all....

Pros

Free lunch if you work more than 6 hours

Cons

Way too much to mention

Supportive and helped develop me

Early starts=early finishes which I loved so I had more time with Family.The company thought me lots of new skills.I had a lovely team and GREAT Area Manager( very involved and helpful)High standards trained, which was lovely so you worked in clean and safe environment :)I got promoted quickly and recognised for my hard work

Pros

Free lunches, flexible rota to fit with family needs

Cons

some supermarket customers not very friendly

friendly workplace

I have been working at the company for over 3 years. Sushi Gourmet ( Hana Group) a fast growing company, which provides an opportunity for professional growth. We definitely don't have night shifts, this is really great. Due to the Pandemic, we went through moments of greater stress, but I was always supported (great support) from my Area Manager.

Pros

salaries consistent with the degree of experience that each one acquired and possibility of growth

Understaffed, lovely people, overworked

A real lack of honesty and transparency from management. I was hired part time in Ashford but when I got the job I found out there weren’t enough hours at that branch and I had to travel to the other branches to make up the hours, the closed one is 30 minutes away and I have to take the train. When I asked what would happen if I was no longer needed in those other branches I was basically told if they can’t give me the hours where I lived I would have to settle for less hours than I’m contracted. Colleagues were lovely but so clearly overworked (almost all branches are severely understaffed) and taken advantage of, it’s so sad to see. So many more red flags but anyways, wouldn’t recommend.

Pros

Free lunches under £7

Cons

Overworked, understaffed, poor management

Friendly people

Everyone is really friendly and tries their best in difficult times with covid. I feel safe working here and am happy to go to work knowing people understand and want to help.

Pros

Good managers, fair pay, good shifts

Cons

Waking up early

Friendly and busy place to work

Sushi gourmet is a great place to work, they offer good training and the management a very supportive of you career development. There are lots of opportunities to learn new skills and you get a free lunch! The hours are flexible and they pay holiday leave and a pension. It’s hard work but there is a real sense of community amongst the branches which makes it fun to come to work.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Early starts

Fast paced but fun

First few weeks or months are difficult because there is a lot to learn and a lot to do, and not a lot of time.But once you are confidently and efficiently doing the job, the work itself will be fairly simple and it's a good position to be in since you will finish your days around 2/3pm and have your all your evenings free too.If you put in the work and have common sense you will get along with management and there is a chance of progressing within the company.

Pros

Free lunch, no evening work ever.

Cons

Early start, sometimes stressful

Great company to work at

I worked here for 2 years, its worth trying it and so far i enjoy it. Its can be hard at some times but every job can be difficult to handle so you need to be ready, with time it get's easy. Good hours, (wish it could be longer shifts), but i can leave early and if im running out of time my managers will always give extra time which leaves me stress free. You get free lunch here, work to your speed, and just make people happy with sushi. Simple as that, iam not lazy person so for me this job is easy. I think everyone who is motivated enough can do it because you get free training at this job and if you have problems you will always have managers who helps more than you could expect them to.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Only 1 day off

Fun workplace

Fun environment to work in, met and worked with great people and gained many important skills. the management is always ready to help and retrain someone who need it, flexible hours you can choose your day off. Start early finish early a lot of social life after work. Cons is sometimes you have to work alone when no staff or staff on holiday.

Pros

Free lunch, flexible hours

Cons

Sometime work alone

Jobs at Sushi Gourmet

See more jobs

Fun workplace

good place to work and good collegues. Shifts begin and end early. allowing me to pick up my daughter from school, allows you to continue your social life and There are free food and drink for your lunch.

Pros

Free lunches

Productive and fun workplace

Fantastic place to work. Shifts start and finish early, which enable you to continue studying, work and have a social life! The training is delivered very well by experienced chefs, and you continue learning while working to do most difficult tasks all in reasonable time and without stress.The management team is very understanding for flexibility and the rota can be managed and moved around.Amazing place to get skills in communication, teamwork and many more!I do recommend for anyone looking for a different style of job in hospitality, I do recommend!

Pros

Free lunches, free afternoon, flexible hours

I really enjoyed my time at sushi gourmet. Shifts finish early, even at the weekends so its been one of the few jobs in hospitality where I feel i could have a social life! Training was great, team were really welcoming and i really liked the products. Loved the team, love the product, great place to work.

Pros

early finishes, free lunch

physically demanding job and stressful

The good thing is I've learned some new skills and got some money.If you don't mind early morning shifts that start so early and at the end of your shifts you have to work overtime both without paying. You have to get involved in lifting heavy stuff as well. Also, you have to report everything you do or If you missed a tiny bit the job will follow you home. The management is not professional. They review your work via WhatsApp even though you will see them the next day.

Pros

freelunch

Cons

no time to eat lunch, no time to go to toilets

Flexible hours. Understanding management

I really enjoy working for sushi gourmet. Management have been understanding from the beginning of my employment. Considering I work 4 on 4 off. They’ve always been working around my rota. The hours are good as you have the afternoon off. Early starts though!

Pros

Free lunch under £5

Cons

Personally, pay.

Worst job

You start on good hours which then will get reduced to low hours, if you have no manager for half a year they make you do all the manager jobs for £2 less an hour while denying you the promotion cause the area manager doesn't like you.

Cons

It’s a modern world and 21st century , what on earth somebody running the company like this, it’s a modern slavery in Sushi Gourmet.

What on earth somebody running a company like this ! It’s an absolute modern slavery in Sushi Gourmet UK, they just take the advantage of the people’s personal life situations, take the most out of the employee’s situations and play around with them, they really don’t care about employee’es basic rights, the only thing they are focus on is make money for the up line top people in the company and don’t care about the minimum

Pros

Meal available during shift

Cons

Don’t respect employee

fast paced

worse place to work, always expected to work quickly and to spend at least an hour UNPAID at end of shift to clean and clear up! Also shifts are not shared out among staff equally, always given to same people because "they need the money". well so do I!!!

Pros

free lunch

Cons

expected to do extra work UNPAID

Reason for leaving

Part time job insufficient hours and too much travelling Prospects of increasing hours were not good so difficult to see how I could earn sufficient money for my need

Poor work

Don’t be fooled into thinking this is easy or fun. It’s stressful and your wellbeing is rarely taken into consideration. Rota changes too often and sometimes you can be called into work on the day without warning

Not the best place to work

They make you work hard for little money, no paying what they promise, management always blame staff with every little thing, maybe they have to think why staff always living

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sushi Gourmet. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement