Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust

Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Job changes everyday. Very fast paced and interesting. Never enough time to manage your case list properly so can be stressful. Staff are friendly but don’t have enough time to give much support
Pros
Free uniforms nhs benefits
Cons
Never enough time to see all your patients, stressful, constant IT problems
Busy workplace and a full day of home visits. Great sense of team working and supportive management. Lots of opportunity for career progression if wanted.
Pros
Supportive management, career progression
Cons
Very busy, frequent IT problems
At my interview I was told I would receive training for this job before I started in the office , I received no training I picked it up as I went along from other members of staff. Also was advertised as administration assistant, and the job was answering the phone all day . People were self referring and some calls were very challenging. There was very little support from managers, a lot of criticism and I felt bullied. Seeing as this was a mental health service they should have thought more about their staff. I felt totally stressed in this job, and could not wait to leave.
Work place culture is fair Management 50% is good ,the other 50% is low The hardest part of job when working at low capacity without adequate coverage The most enjoyable part of the job is when a request is given a positive response Trousers part of the uniform ,would require better quality that can be worn in winter time, especially for the Twilight & Overnight Services team, current trousers ordered are too thin (poor quality) The overall support is ok and would need individual to be assertive with her/his opinions Understand the explicit & hidden culture and use wisely both Have the knowledge of understanding how to use Pulse for support on wellbeing and access courses
Pros
Twilight its only 5hrs shift, no break included
Cons
5 hours is appropriate
good company to work for.relaxed and easy going culture.no real opportunities for progression here.3very restricted in job role and salary does not reflect cost of living
Pretty much the worst place to work. People taking shirt cuts, contractors messing up and the trust covering for them. Being branded a liar by management and treated like garbage.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Too many to count
Toda a equipa trabalha de um modo colaborativo. A gestão por parte das chefias é excelente. Existe preocupação em manter a qualidade e o equilíbrio entre trabalho e vida familiar, bem como a atenção com o bem estar do trabalhador para que este sinta maior grau de motivação. Há uma grande preocupação na formação dos colaboradores para qye possam prestar um serviço de qualidade e excelência.
I got the most amount of support from Management. Always willing to help and be flexible, its a good company to work for if you have a great management team.
It's a big team player organisation. If you like working in a team and with the public, you'll love it there. This is also a health organisation, the number one health organisation in the country and so you will also learn a lot working there too.
Poor management, little wellbeing support from them - paper work was excellent but actual help = 0. Little support when off sick long term. Busy team, constantly understaffed. Poor communication regarding changes, if part time rarely heard about them unless controversial. Petty squabbles in team allowed to escalate and forced some staff to leave- got quite nasty. I enjoyed the work because of the variety.
Very happy in this Trust. Well supported and good career advancement. Good manager and team. Flexible hours and good opportunity to learn and progress in role.
I worked for the Trust for about half year, we were constantly under staffed, the Trust workes like a big corporation were nobody cares or takes responsibility. The way to deal with staff shortages is to call the bank staff office who than sends text messages to potential temp workers. this system is highly impersonal and uneffective,most of the time the vacancies are either not filled, or filled with inapropriate people. The Trust is doing"something", you are picking up the pieces, constantly dealing with unhappy patients and relatives. The wost thing, I was wrongly paid half of my salary one month, and after endless amount of phone calls and emails trying to get my money back, I still haven't got it three months later. Very unclear who to contact in case of such problems, and quite frankly I am under the impression that nobody cares anyway. Every time you call payroll, you need to explain the same thing to a new person, who deals with it for two days and goes away somewhere. False promises exm: you will be paid next month, only to find out after a month that nothing happened, and you have to keep calling them again.
Pros
It is a job, pays your bills, of course if it pays you on time and the right amount
Cons
Mistakes in pay, you constantly feel frustrated due to all the above
From the outset I requested regular supervision to ensure I settled in to my new role. The Trust has not disappointed. There are training opportunities and my manager has been supportive to allow attendance and to develop professionally. I would recommend this Trust but remember we all have a responsibility for our development.
Pros
Annual leave, training opportunities, supportive manager
Cons
Same as most-very busy, frequent changes, but nothing major!
Overall I believe SCFT is an outstanding employer and my managers are brilliant. I feel supported and listened to. Since I started 4 years ago I have seen a massive amount of change. My department is proactive and always aims to achieve gold standard care. My department as a whole I would give 5 stars to but because the trust will not pay for external training I had to give a 4.
Pros
Supportive managers.
Cons
NHS pay cap and lack of funding for post graduate qualifications.
This is the NHS so it's too big to work efficiently. There's poor communication, and study days (Mandatory )are all in Brighton which is no good if you live in Chichester.
Pros
OK Pay
Cons
Poor organisation/ Management
unsupported and no way to progress there is no more to say the company has no progression and is unsupported in every way - i would be reticent to work there again
Cons
In my 3 weeks here I thought it was a great place to gain experience I was working on computers Had a time we’re I was out with one of the nurses attending a meeting
Let down, no support and unappreciated. Misled by the job and pay. 0% chance of progression, low band scale unable to more onto higher grade. failed by management.
Pros
some fantastic patients and colleagues
Cons
everything else
The team I work with are very fun and supportive and no 2 days are the same. Although it can be stressful there is always someone you can turn to for help and assistance
A typical day at work would be dealing with messages left on the phone, ringing patients to book appointments. Inputting information onto the system. Answering the phone. Typing reports. filing, scanning and faxing. You learn to be organised with out organisation one would not be able to get the tasks done for the day. Have built a lot of confidence in talking to patients as well as professional staff.
Pros
To progress and move up the scale
Cons
Due to teams recently merging it has caused some anxiety within the staff group. Many people are unsettled and are choosing to seek alternative employment.