Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed my time in the partnership, it was a energetic team and a friendly environment that was beneficial to anyone’s mental health. The first place I felt part of a team and even the management would stop you to say hello. It is a really lovely place to work, but on the down side, the management aren’t the most experienced per say and can be cliquey. They can occasionally stitch you up in a situation if you are working with the wrong staff
Pros
The majority of the company
Cons
Clique/blame culture
I’m really happy with my new role & how supportive the workplace has been within Sussex Partnership Trust. I was hesitant about moving to the community & lone working but have been pleasantly surprised. The team is very supportive, offer lots experience & advise. There is plenty of time to meet as a team to discuss any concerns. Everyone is really friendly & there is a great sense of community spirit.
Pros
The position with beautiful views, lots of chance to meet as a team & discuss any concerns. Support to grow within your role.
There’s always been a fantastic approach to work life balance with longer shifts, school friendly (not quite term time) hours, long days etc being agreed. Staff regularly say that their support for each other and love for their teams is the best. The work is tough, the staff are dedicated but martyrdom is not applauded either. It’s a large Trust so communication is not always easy but check out the leaders nationally. And it’s a beautiful place to live with cheap house prices (East Sussex) for the south. Interviews can be long with a range of activities as they want great staff but are also values based.
Pros
People friendly, lots to get involved with
Cons
No 360 recruitment as on the coast
Absolute bullies from admin staff to managers. Never worked in such an awful place. Managers do nothing to support staff and are full of false promises. AVOID at all costs. Admin staff are the worst and constantly gossip. If you fancy going back to school bullies again then here is for you! Even the doctors called it “H*ll Rise”.
Pros
Literally nothing
Cons
I quite enjoyed my time in the beginning, but then I noticed that things would go wrong and I got the blame, which I thought fair enough as I am new, but as time went on I made notes of everything I had done I wasn't to blame it was the newly appointed manager, who had worked for the team for years and had no idea what they were doing, so no I would not recommend sorry. You may find it better but I certainly didn't. I will take the blame if I had done something wrong but I will not be an escape goat.
Pros
Umm... there were a couple of nice people
Cons
Blame game, being told off for something I hadn't done. Not good
Every days varied and sometimes very stressful. Poorly led Admin Team meetings, but by attending the MDT and other related Meetings gained information to feed back
Pros
Good supportive colleagues within the main Team
Cons
Poor Admin leadership
lack of communication between management and staff, agency staff brought in when not required as already staffed lack of direction by supervisors as to tasks required
I would recommend friends to work at Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Job culture good Management style needs some improvement Staff support is good
Terrible management. Awful all the way up the ladder. No people skills. No clear direction, no upskilling of staff. Poorly looked after. Only look after themselves.
Fun and active place to work. Fast paced. Managers can be supportive when needed. Can be stressful at times. Good career progression for the right person
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust?
Rubbish company to work for. No support for support staff, had 6 members of clinical staff leave in one month. All management do is hold meetings and nothing gets actioned. Replacing substantive staff who have left with agency staff, some of which do not have a DBS certificate. There is NO patient first within this organisation. Clinics are cancelled at short notice because consultants don’t want to work.
Bullying culture. Blame culture. No support from senior management. Training opportunities low. Low chance of career advancement. Lower than average staffing levels.
Flexi-working is not flexible. Unrealistic working patterns and expectations for working parents. Good and well led wards, plenty of opportunities to learn from the charge and staff nurses. Good team work on the wards. You are not allowed to complain and must find your own solutions. High turn over of good staff. Has the potential to be an excellent employer and a chance to build a lasting career if only they listened to staff.
Management supported needs and all colleagues good to work alongside. Full induction and training given. Work life balance observed and supported when possible.
Great place to work but management very clickey your ok if u hold your own good home work life balance great holiday entitlement To many chiefs not enough on the floor blame culture in the work place .
Have loved working here the people are lovely, conditions are good. Lots of training opportunities and team playing. Varied roles on offer. Long shifts but also shorter ones available. Option of working as casual or contract.
amazing place to work reallly supportive and forward thinking, there is no typical day of work. you will learn so much in such a sort space of time. everyday wil be different
full on meet & greet patients, transcribing psychiatrist letters, phone calls, diary management. not enough staff too many managers great colleagues to work with supportive frequent challenging situations with patients with no trained clinical staff present. going home
Pros
flexible
Cons
low pay
Good access to MDT’s Good training Good supervision Long hours Bank shifts Loads of joint working with OT’s, psychologists, psychiatrists and nursing staff.
Pros
Good team work. Good place to learn new skills
Cons
12.5 hour shifts, low starting salary, sickness policy
You work with many people who share your values and wish to help others. This keeps you motivated and wanting to help. However the hierarchy structure can make you feel a little underestimated.
As per usual working in the Care Work profession we are bottom of the wage scale. Slightly above basic pay and considering what our work involves and the hours we are paid and unpaid for i find it insulting. Sadly this is where my interests as a career falls so unless we are ever valued as HCA's/Support Workers then i wont be on the property market anytime soon.
Pros
As Above
Cons
As Above