Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust logo
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

I really enjoyed my time in the partnership, it was a energetic team and a friendly environment that was beneficial to anyone’s mental health. The first place I felt part of a team and even the management would stop you to say hello. It is a really lovely place to work, but on the down side, the management aren’t the most experienced per say and can be cliquey. They can occasionally stitch you up in a situation if you are working with the wrong staff

Pros

The majority of the company

Cons

Clique/blame culture

You have to fit in with management

Issues at work. pushed under the carpet.and ignored. Staff work hard and are not appreciated. Management frown on staff that report physical assult by patients to staff .

Pros

Cons

Long days

Dreadful management. No Support

Very little support with risky patientsMixed messages from management There is no support for the wellbeing of staffYou are expected to do a lot of extra training outside of work which takes up evenings Paid hardly anything for the sheer workload you are expected to do. On a questionnaire across country, scored 1.2/5 for feeling valuedNo support with patients who are abusive to you. No social aspect between colleagues. Don't pick which evenings you work. Everyone is paid the lowest wage in the band bracketNO CAREER PROGRESSION

Pros

occasional thank you from clients

Cons

Stressful, poor management, lack of support

Supportive working environment

Currently working on a short term contract but my experience has been excellent. The team are very supportive, especially as the role is primarily home based. This has been especially helpful in creating a strong work/ life balance with flexible use of my time, I have found this transition smooth and reduced stress around managing childcare. The culture here supports the development of staff in their roles and a focus on their overall wellbeing. Peers and those in a management position are all very approachable, I feel that I have developed valuable new transferable skills and I would highly recommend working with this team. An enjoyable aspect of the job is the open dialogue of skills advancement and opportunity to support in further ways.

Pros

Flexible use of time, supportive colleagues

Cons

A few things unclear to begin with but this prompted independence in the role

Psychiatric Nurse

I’m really happy with my new role & how supportive the workplace has been within Sussex Partnership Trust. I was hesitant about moving to the community & lone working but have been pleasantly surprised. The team is very supportive, offer lots experience & advise. There is plenty of time to meet as a team to discuss any concerns. Everyone is really friendly & there is a great sense of community spirit.

Pros

The position with beautiful views, lots of chance to meet as a team & discuss any concerns. Support to grow within your role.

I meet lots of people from other areas and although I’ve worked in many versions of this Trust as it’s developed I’ve never been tempted by others

There’s always been a fantastic approach to work life balance with longer shifts, school friendly (not quite term time) hours, long days etc being agreed. Staff regularly say that their support for each other and love for their teams is the best. The work is tough, the staff are dedicated but martyrdom is not applauded either. It’s a large Trust so communication is not always easy but check out the leaders nationally. And it’s a beautiful place to live with cheap house prices (East Sussex) for the south. Interviews can be long with a range of activities as they want great staff but are also values based.

Pros

People friendly, lots to get involved with

Cons

No 360 recruitment as on the coast

Bullying culture.

Absolute bullies from admin staff to managers. Never worked in such an awful place. Managers do nothing to support staff and are full of false promises. AVOID at all costs. Admin staff are the worst and constantly gossip. If you fancy going back to school bullies again then here is for you! Even the doctors called it “H*ll Rise”.

Pros

Literally nothing

Blame game

I quite enjoyed my time in the beginning, but then I noticed that things would go wrong and I got the blame, which I thought fair enough as I am new, but as time went on I made notes of everything I had done I wasn't to blame it was the newly appointed manager, who had worked for the team for years and had no idea what they were doing, so no I would not recommend sorry. You may find it better but I certainly didn't. I will take the blame if I had done something wrong but I will not be an escape goat.

Pros

Umm... there were a couple of nice people

Cons

Blame game, being told off for something I hadn't done. Not good

No two days the same

Every days varied and sometimes very stressful. Poorly led Admin Team meetings, but by attending the MDT and other related Meetings gained information to feed back

Pros

Good supportive colleagues within the main Team

Cons

Poor Admin leadership

average work place

lack of communication between management and staff, agency staff brought in when not required as already staffed lack of direction by supervisors as to tasks required

Jobs at Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

See more jobs

Good

I would recommend friends to work at Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Job culture good Management style needs some improvement Staff support is good

Poor

Terrible management. Awful all the way up the ladder. No people skills. No clear direction, no upskilling of staff. Poorly looked after. Only look after themselves.

Productive and fun workplace

Fun and active place to work. Fast paced. Managers can be supportive when needed. Can be stressful at times. Good career progression for the right person

Support services

Rubbish company to work for. No support for support staff, had 6 members of clinical staff leave in one month. All management do is hold meetings and nothing gets actioned. Replacing substantive staff who have left with agency staff, some of which do not have a DBS certificate. There is NO patient first within this organisation. Clinics are cancelled at short notice because consultants don’t want to work.

Bullying culture.

Bullying culture. Blame culture. No support from senior management. Training opportunities low. Low chance of career advancement. Lower than average staffing levels.

Too many false promises

Flexi-working is not flexible. Unrealistic working patterns and expectations for working parents. Good and well led wards, plenty of opportunities to learn from the charge and staff nurses. Good team work on the wards. You are not allowed to complain and must find your own solutions. High turn over of good staff. Has the potential to be an excellent employer and a chance to build a lasting career if only they listened to staff.

Great Employer

Management supported needs and all colleagues good to work alongside. Full induction and training given. Work life balance observed and supported when possible.

Management are bullies

Great place to work but management very clickey your ok if u hold your own good home work life balance great holiday entitlement To many chiefs not enough on the floor blame culture in the work place .

Have loved working here the people are lovely, conditions are good. Lots of training opportunities and team playing. Varied roles on offer. Long shifts but also shorter ones available. Option of working as casual or contract.

amazing

amazing place to work reallly supportive and forward thinking, there is no typical day of work. you will learn so much in such a sort space of time. everyday wil be different

staff are good to work with

full on meet & greet patients, transcribing psychiatrist letters, phone calls, diary management. not enough staff too many managers great colleagues to work with supportive frequent challenging situations with patients with no trained clinical staff present. going home

Pros

flexible

Cons

low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement