Swain Group
Swain Group Employee Review

Productive and Fun place to work

31 October 2019
I enjoy working at Swains because you feel part of a team, you feel as though you are all working together for the overall goal, you feel appreciated for your contributions and that motivates you to give more to the cause. They have a senior management team who are constantly looking for ways to innovate and improve practices and brand image and that makes it a very attractive place to work.
4.0Job security/advancement
31 October 2019
Manager (Current Employee) - Rochester, Kent
Easy to apply, I was offered the job the next day and started 2 weeks later. A great team and place to work. There is lots to do and we all work hard, but the job is rewarding and since in joined in 2018 we have made some really positive changes.
27 September 2019
Management Consultant (Former Employee) - Rochester, Kent
A very top heavy management structure, failure to notice or collaborate with the work force or consider appropriate training. People honestly queuing up to resign from director level, senior managers and drivers.
9 July 2019
Distribution driver (Former Employee) - Rochester, Kent
I left over a year ago after only suffering a few months before feeling so low i handed my notice. Although maintained well the lorries could have been better, very poor planning from some of the planners. A very highly strung / short tempered staff but given what they had to put up with i would be too... If your face fits and you like to nod and agree you will be just fine and get the creamy work. If you raise concerns then you get the not so creamy work. The warehouse is a shambles, you are expected to plan your own route each day then get your lorry loaded by the loaders (if the trunk has turned up) Unrealistic time scales to abide too and aggressive planners when they don't get there own way. I am very grateful for the experience I gained and the FORS training and this is the only positive I can take from my experience. If you are new to the game then start of here on distribution! It's certainly a different experience on other departments after speaking to the drivers so maybe i was just unlucky. Most of the job I did was on a bonus incentive which could be taken away in a heart beat... bonuses for checking wheel nuts / cleaning the truck and drop bonus scheme plus KMs allowance. It's a shame it had to end this way for me as I wanted to work my way up to Special projects but just could not hack the hours, the way I was spoken to or the fact you would have to work to an impossible schedule.
Pros
They will help ypu obtain your license and provide training
Cons
Long hours, planners have little time for you, your just a driver attitude.
  1. Productive and Fun place to work