Swale Heating Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Dangerously understaffed and over pressurised.

A real "Them and us" attitude by some planning advisors. Engineers not listened to when asking for work load to be reduced due to stress. Despite working for same company KPI's mean departments are unsympathetic when allocating work. Management's attitude is "other engineers can do it". Monthly "Tool box talks" repeat the same thing every month. Engineers recommendations made every month with no action. So short staffed they cannot invest or forward plan. Work load so high dangerous practises by engineers to make work load. I left due to stress and fear of unsafe practises.

Great Team To Work With

Work is varied and interesting, using new technologies, time for learning/training. Good support from departmental members with good communication and clear ideas. Treated as a valued member of the team.A company that is moving forward in IT in the right way.

Avoid

Poor salary for gas engineers, does not even pay anywhere near what other companies pay. Poor management, culture of back stabbing, no support or training. High level of staff turnover.

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Good money if you work hard

Lots of travel which can be disheartening but the job it self was fun, if you worked hard enough the money can be excellent, got to meet lots of engineers who became friends

OK place to work but no job security.

Seemed like a nice place to work but definitely have a bully culture. Also every couple of years they have a big shuffle as they lose contracts and that causes mass redundancies which is obviously not great for job security. Makes you worried for your future.

Pros

Ok working environment. On site car park.

Cons

No job security. Not great pay. Not employee focused.

Worst place iv ever worked

I worked here for a few months never felt so Un welcome , I left my job I was already at to come here which I’d been at for 7 years ,Some of the team managers are so horrible and speak to you so patronising and disgusting ,iv never in all my life felt so down as when I worked here ,bulling , nasty people . Being made redundant has been a blessing as I’m now in a great job with better money and treated so nicely , I think the boss of this company needs to look at the customer service centre how they are treating people .

Pros

Cons

Everything about this place is toxic .

Worst employers ever

If I could give a zero I would have. Office is toxic atmosphere with outright “face fits” attitude. Managers only care about stats and figures and offer no help if you’re struggling. If you are deemed “face doesn’t fit” you are forgotten about. Absolutely awful place to work and the money is rubbish.

Pros

Cons

Everything from wages to lack of support and proper training

Stressful

If you like being excessively audited and watched via trackers both on the van and tablet this is the company for you. Management are very unprofessional in their approach to engineers and scrutinize everything with stats.

Bullying culture

These lot bullied me for a year before I left they a disgusting people please be careful if your an engineer looking to apply to them because they will just run you into the ground for rubbish pay. There are much better companies out there with better salary etc I know because I now have one.

Poor culture

I worked here for 18 months, I've never worked anywhere where there is such a huge disconnect between the office and the engineers. To be spoken to the way I was by planners and the complete blame culture by the managers you'll be best to stay away. Ive seen very good engineers leave and the company doesn't seem to care. They will expect you to do another job if it's half hour from finish time, engineers are treated more like the enemy than the work force! You've been warned!

Could not pay me enough to work for this firm again

Breifly far too much work is expected, to be able to be done safely in my opinion. Upwards of 12 jobs a day. No backup from management Docked wages of 15 minute increments Salary never worked out what I was promised Rude, condescending planners/dispatchers Disciplinaries for a sick day etc etc As an engineer I would fully avoid

Pros

Personal use of van

Cons

Too many to list

Not a very good place to work

management culture terrible. I was warned about 1 manager before I started, and they were right. Not a nice place to work at all. there was no support in terms of work life balance for a senior role that I had and the way the salary / contracts to staff were dealt with was ridiculous. I think the company has good values, only for 1 manager to ruin it for everybody.

Pros

Cons

Long hours - no work life balance

very poor work life balance

The salary was the main advantage but the job itself had a very low work life balance due to working 2 weekends every month so having very little time of work.

hard working

my role in swale heating was fun exicting i learned how to drive a 3.5 tonne van after passing my test the workplace was clean enviroment and the managers where helpful

happy working place

I was a domestic gas service engineer going to houses in the housing accusation to service domestic heating systems and issuing gas safety certificates

Lovely people poor management

Lovely people and fun environment to work in. Poor management. Little progression routes. Expect a lot from you with little benefit or praise. Rate of pay is average

Good Company

Have gained in knowledge of the gas industry and enjoyed every aspect of my job and the people I work with. A typical day would include, going through incomplete calls from the previous day, quoting clients and ordering parts. booking in service calls. Responding to customer emails and enquiries.

Do not work for these unless desperate

Worked as a field engineer. Not a nice company to work for,really unorganised,bad planning and very much a bullying culture from management team in the office. Engineers leaving on weekly basis. Avoid working for them.

Pros

Cons

Too much work load and traveling, very unorganised. Pressure from people in office.

great place to work

I enjoyed meeting different people whilst working on a short contract for Swale heating, repairing and servicing boilers all over the local area, productivity was rewarded.

Pros

meeting people

Cons

short contract

awful

awful, unorganized company. i started a permanent contract and didnt receive pay for over 3 months

terrible place to work

poor planning poor service poor treatment of staff bulling in workplace discrimination impossible targets sub standard installations

Pros

Cons

working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swale Heating Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement