Swallowcourt

Swallowcourt Employee Reviews

Difficult times but very supportive

Healthcare isn't for everyone and the last 18 months have certainly been a challenge to us all due to the pandemic, changes in the way we have needed to work to keep everyone as safe as possible and the continued and consistant lack of support for social care in general - however I'm certainly grateful for having had the pleasure to meet the heroes of Ponsandane who continually strive to go above and beyond to make each day a little brighter for the people entrusted to our care no matter what challenges the day brings the teamwork they produce to support everyone through is amazing Swallowcourt is the group it is because of the people who work there from the people on the ground to the team working off site compassion care and kindness isn't just about supporting the residents its about being there for each other - what happens at the top repeats through the team, very supportive MD, Ops Manager and Clinical Matron - but don't listen to me! give swallowcourt a try and see the difference it yourself

Pros

Valued as a member of the team

Cons

Its hard in any role but very rewarding!

Very Supportive Workplace

Having worked for a number of large companies, joining Swallowcourt was like a breath of fresh air. The whole team are very welcoming and will go out of their way to ensure that you are made to feel comfortable and given the knowledge to do the very best in your role.

Rewarding & Supportive

Having worked at Swallowcourt for many years, I feel valued, supported, respected, challenged and.... I get to work in an organisation/environment where I can use my skills to help support the people who live in our Care Homes.

Pros

Free lunches, Health Cash-back plan etc

Great environment, support and benefits

I have had a valuable experience at Swallowcourt Ltd. I have received lots of training and I have been supported throughout my employment. There are opportunities for career progression and the management are very supportive at helping you develop through the company. I work in a nice, friendly and supportive environment. I enjoy working for Swallowcourt Ltd, they provide many company benefits.

amazing

I have worked for swallowcourt for over 3 years within two LD homes and I cant fault it at all, management are supportive, residents are amazing and staff working as a team, within both the homes i've worked in. Management go above and beyond for staff and for residents. Higher management are extremely approachable and easy to talk too. Swallowcourt is amazing for offering various kinds of training. Staff are very forward with volunteering to take residents on outings and doing activities whether that's to the zoo, aquarium, shopping, painting, baking.

Pros

Access early pay, free meal, approachable management, perkbox, training opportunities

A refreshing place to work where you are genuinely supported

I currently work for Swallowcourt and over the years I've never felt so supported and encouraged to better myself as I do now. There has been a huge culture change within the company over the last couple of years which has given me the sense of really belonging to a progressive and forward thinking team where new initiatives and new ideas are welcomed from all staff members.It's an exciting place to work and even more exciting to be apart of that change.Swallowcourt are always putting their residents at the centre and are continuously promoting best practice for outstanding care.

Pros

Free lunches, free parking, simply health care plan, career progression opportunities, training

Cons

None to mention

By far and away the best organisation I have worked for. People listen to each others ideas, there is great training and support. The team are honest when things don't go so well and everyone tries to support each other.The hardest part of the job is trying to fit everything you want to do, into a day but that is always the case. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the residents they always make me smile, some have amazing talents and incredible life stories.

Pros

Free meals, great training and support, fun

Welcoming and supportive team to work with

Head office highly recommend. Supportive and approachable management team. Furthering education and personal development encouraged and supported by management. Overall a great team to work with.

A caring company to both residents and employees

Working for Swallowcourt is not just a job, it's being part of a special team of people. Where the values are demonstrated every day and recognised in weekly email and social posts. There are undoubtedly going to be challeges in any job particularly the health and social care sector but the solutions focused approach that Swallowcourt takes encourages improvement and growth rather than blame and a negative focus. With employee benefits such as free meals, an employee health scheme and early pay there is a sense that employees are cared about just as much as the residents that we care for. With many examples of career progression I would recommend working with Swallowcourt if you have a passion for being part of a team that enhances the lives of those we work for and work with.

Pros

Free meals, great staff teams, employee health scheme

Fun workplace at times

I enjoyed my time at swallowcourt there are times when conflicts arise between staff that has an affect on others. Learn a lot. Meet some amazing characters.Good training.

Pros

Learn a lot

Cons

Wages

Awful place to work in

Awful pay, staff are so two faced , management is utterly awful. Everyone has left and no one wants a job there. Few lovely people there but over all everyone who works there hates it too. Back stabbing and don’t comply by most rules. Only nice to you if they want something from you. Worst place to work ever.

Pros

Cons

Awful staff and management

Understaffed and stressful

The carers genuinely care about those they look after and work themselves into the ground providing the best care they are able to. There is no support from management, they do not care that you're severely unstaffed and exhausted, you're just a number to them! It used to be a lovely company to work for and the staff were paid well but now it's one of the lowest paying around for its care staff and its not worth the stress for a pittance.

Pros

Always overtime available

Cons

Lack of support from management

Privileged to work for Swallowcourt

I feel proud to be part of an organisation who value their staff as much as their staff value the individuals they are here to care for and support.Residents are cared for in person centred way, promoting independence and inclusion.

Pros

Staff development

Cons

Lovely, lively place to work. Great job satisfaction.

I love working at Breage House. The residents are such fun and the staff are great, it's like we are one big family. You will always be busy but it is a relaxed place to work. I go home each night feeling like I have made a difference.

Pros

Free meals, opportunity for further training, a happy place to work, job satisfaction

Would not recommend

Management is awful. Do not care about staff. Severely understaffed due to a high turn over mainly because of poor management and very hostile vibes from a few of the staff members towards new carers that join. You feel very rushed throughout the day when providing care which should not be the case. VERY stressful working for them and poorly paid. Only positive is majority of carers are lovely and do genuinely have residents best interests at heart and they work ridiculously hard throughout the day to try and meet all residents' needs.

Pros

Compassionate Carers, Good Training Provided

Cons

Poor Management, Bad Pay, Understaffed

Not the greatest

Not impressed with the company,poor in everyway.Training was a joke..management a joke. Food isn't well prepared.Most people don't have a clue.Bitchyness on a massive scale.Give this company a wide berth

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Poor management

Brilliant company to work for

I worked for Swallowcourt for a number of years in varied roles. The management/ senior management teams were fantastic, fair, approachable and friendly. The support teams were also amazing. Would recommend to anyone.

Pros

Relaxed, enjoyable, opportunity to progress, innovative.

Best of the bunch, great place to work

Working in care isn't for everyone and it takes a certain kind of person to live up to the challenges of hands on care, however as employers go Swallowcourt has to be one of the best I've worked for. The pay is better than other care providers with enhancements for weekends and overtime, plus other benefits too. Swallowcourt genuinely care about the welfare and wellbeing of both their staff and residents and I have always been supported in my role. Fantastic training and opportunities for development. As with so many jobs and employers, you get back what you put in, yes it's hard work but I feel like I make a difference

Pros

Enhancements for weekends and overtime, staff benefits such as SimplyHealth

Cons

Long shifts but that's industry standard

never ever work for them

of your face fits then fine. badly managed and run. complaints not listened to. dont care about staff work you hard and pay peanuts. dont appreciate anything you do. feel sorry for the residents. would let a dog live in there

Cons

everything

Poorly managed. Badly run.

Not a very friendly atmosphere and treat new staff poorly. No support. Even the HR department are not approachable. Managers change all the time which is unsettling for both staff and Residents. Care is average. Not recommended.

Pros

Free meal on Duty

Cons

Unhappy staff. Poor morale

Excellent

Great company to work for. Lots of variation in work and overtime available. Options to do long or short shifts full time or part time.Very much part of a team

Pros

Approachable management

Cons

Rotas very last minute On occasio

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swallowcourt. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement