Swansea Bay University Health Board

Swansea Bay University Health Board Employee Reviews

The main issue I had was no matter how hard you are working, no one said thank you and they simply replace you in no time. Some are nice and good people, but higher bands managers do not care about the employee. Also, I didn't get any development course to inhance my skills. I have felt of isolation from the HQ members. The only good part was on site when I worked with same level ITs, they are nice and supportive. Other than that, I felt upset most of the time.
Pros
Some are good people
Cons
Very unreliable environment
Absolutely appalling support for new members of staff. No support, struggle to get pay, impossible to get email and computer access.Absolutely awful, avoid at all costs.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Never pay on time weekly paid on bank, but always missing payments, Joke with staff that this is a regular thing, you work you do expect to be paid, pay you two week then you get charged 40 o/o tax pension is expensive each week difficult to op out, very difficult to get refund.Good place to work, management in some departments are as much use as a chocolate teapot, if you not worried about you pay you be fine...
Pros
facilities and cafe.
Cons
You have to buy drinks they are not provided.
I am a Hotel Services Assistant and absolutely love my job, the people I work with are amazing, supportive and kind, they are some of the best people I know. Working on the wards is rather fast based and you have to be on the ball but you get to know all the patients which is great. Working on the departments is more relaxed than wards and on some you get some more time but both areas are amazing to work on. The pay is good enough to support yourself providing you have the hours.
Awful company shocking neglect of clients basic needs. You have no life frequently on road 9am until 11pm without a break. You are either overloaded with work or barely enough to bother getting uo for. Only get paid for half your time. Bullying culture, and dont listen to your needs. Expected to work on your days off alsConstantlyConstantly