Swansea Bay University Health Board
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Swansea Bay University Health Board Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews

Not a nice place to work

One of the worse places to work. People are there as nurses and carers but the place is full of bullies and management just try blame it on your mental health instead of sorting the problem. Staff are nasty to patients to and they shouldn’t be doing that sort of job because they don’t care they just there for the money

Pros

Nobe

Hard work but rewarding

Hard work often short staffed but worth it in the end, management are helpful and the supervisors provide excellent support, basically a job for life

Insights into Swansea Bay University Health Board

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Trust in colleagues
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Lots of opportunities and training

I have grown in confidence through their excellent training and values.I have gained an enormous amount of skills.Always had overtime when I needed it

Pros

Lots of overtime

Cons

Short contracts

Very stressful job

I find being a health care worker your a dogs body and expected to do everything from personal care obs and every bit off paper work feeding and you are the ones that notice if people are sick and changing there ways it’s hard work with very little support

Cons

Long days no time to stop for a drink and when in full ppe it’s a hard day

BANK 0 hours cleaner for NHS Hospital

No job security or guaranteed hours.Management treat you as a resource rather than an individual. Speaking in a disrespectful manner such as: "I need someone to work on...". Can you do it? Which might come across as selfish.Most managers have been in the trust for decades probably because of the job security and salary/pension benefits from being long-term term employees of the board. They have trained 100's of new domestic/cleaners since the pandemic started, yet they are constantly hiring.Job tasks require little skill, so it should be great for people who have limited skills/work experience.Train you, but then make no attempt to proactively offer you any work - even though you have to go through a rigorous vetting process before you are invited for an induction.Overall the contract and the nature of the job and/treatment means that to me this job is a scam. Which is incredible given that it is working for the great NHS.

Pros

Work in relatively safety and not pushy supervisors/managers.

Cons

0 hours contract, selfish and careless management, no chance of progression or gaining of meaningful skills.

Avoid

Worked as a bank hcsw for this health board. Some of the staff are nice to your face then stab you in the back. And some nurses are very rude to you. The main issue is the reporting business. Staff will report you to the health board for very small or minor issues. Or for no reason at all. The staff just like to report people all the time. Which then raises concerns and issues with you. The bank agency is unhelpful and the management staff can be rude and try to report you too. No point working for the SBUHB bank agency. You’ll regret it and you’ll just get reported all the time by staff and you’ll be treated terribly by nurses and other hcsw.

Pros

The pay

Cons

Everything really

No structure

Was working as a bank ssa.. Started in a training course for two days.. First day fine all instructors turned up. Second day only one instructor turned up. We were left sitting there for almost a hour. Then a supervisor came in and told us all to go home. Wasn't given hours when I started. Then my house were regularly different..

Pros

Cons

Don't be to friends with staff they stab you in the back

A good place to work

All things considered I've been very happy there. A relaxed interview and a nice welcome on my first day, starting the job proper within a couple of hours by working alongside experienced colleagues and never thrown in at the deep end although it's quite an easy job anyway. Quite honestly, I've not met a single colleague I didn't get on with and I quite like working with a variety of people and meeting the general public. Line managers are professional in attitude but are really very nice and accommodated me when I expressed a preference on what days I want to work on. Even better, I found them very supportive when I was ill with Covid-19 and especially on my return to work. I also find them very appreciate when you show flexibility. A few niggles with payroll but I think that might have been middle management not actioning matters in a timely fashion. To be fair, once resolved they've been faultless ever since.

Pros

Working with nice people.

Cons

Hourly rate could be better!

It is shocking.

The main issue I had was no matter how hard you are working, no one said thank you and they simply replace you in no time. Some are nice and good people, but higher bands managers do not care about the employee. Also, I didn't get any development course to inhance my skills. I have felt of isolation from the HQ members. The only good part was on site when I worked with same level ITs, they are nice and supportive. Other than that, I felt upset most of the time.

Pros

Some are good people

Cons

Very unreliable environment

Avoid

Absolutely appalling support for new members of staff. No support, struggle to get pay, impossible to get email and computer access.Absolutely awful, avoid at all costs.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Everything else

Very rarely get paid on time or right money.

Never pay on time weekly paid on bank, but always missing payments, Joke with staff that this is a regular thing, you work you do expect to be paid, pay you two week then you get charged 40 o/o tax pension is expensive each week difficult to op out, very difficult to get refund.Good place to work, management in some departments are as much use as a chocolate teapot, if you not worried about you pay you be fine...

Pros

facilities and cafe.

Cons

You have to buy drinks they are not provided.

Amazing place to work

I am a Hotel Services Assistant and absolutely love my job, the people I work with are amazing, supportive and kind, they are some of the best people I know. Working on the wards is rather fast based and you have to be on the ball but you get to know all the patients which is great. Working on the departments is more relaxed than wards and on some you get some more time but both areas are amazing to work on. The pay is good enough to support yourself providing you have the hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swansea Bay University Health Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement