Swansea Bay University Health Board

Swansea Bay University Health Board Employee Reviews for HCSW

HCSW2 reviews
United Kingdom2 reviews

A good place to work

All things considered I've been very happy there. A relaxed interview and a nice welcome on my first day, starting the job proper within a couple of hours by working alongside experienced colleagues and never thrown in at the deep end although it's quite an easy job anyway. Quite honestly, I've not met a single colleague I didn't get on with and I quite like working with a variety of people and meeting the general public. Line managers are professional in attitude but are really very nice and accommodated me when I expressed a preference on what days I want to work on. Even better, I found them very supportive when I was ill with Covid-19 and especially on my return to work. I also find them very appreciate when you show flexibility. A few niggles with payroll but I think that might have been middle management not actioning matters in a timely fashion. To be fair, once resolved they've been faultless ever since.

Pros

Working with nice people.

Cons

Hourly rate could be better!

Avoid

Absolutely appalling support for new members of staff. No support, struggle to get pay, impossible to get email and computer access.Absolutely awful, avoid at all costs.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Everything else

Insights into Swansea Bay University Health Board

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swansea Bay University Health Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement