Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd

Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd Employee Reviews

Good Communication, and people were very friendly. People always helping me out if I had problems. I learned a lot about the food business, and how it worked.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Distance in travelling to work
No respect for staff members. Office staff make numerous mistakes and pass the blame onto others. HR don’t answer the phone and rarely reply to emails. During Covid the management and chosen members of staff are happy to sit and do each other’s hair and nails in groups.
Pros
Cons
Good chance of catching Covid
A great team to work for particularly the Peterborough Swanstaff Recruitment branch. Too, the CEO, Operational Manager and HR team were always happy and very supportive. Just a fantastic company to work for- If ever you get a job opportunity with Swanstaff Recruitment I simply cannot fault this company at all !
Pros
Recognition and rewards
Cons
Oncall duties
Lack of communication from recruitment consultant, once registered. When l did the online zoom training, although helpful but there was no further contact from Swan. Swan Human resources department were polite but not transparent. Especially re. contacting my 3 referees🙄. Never felt apart of the team. Perhaps because I was just an agency worker. I started at a time during the aftermath of the lock down, so it was fairly quiet. However, there were always service users, whenever I was there. I eventually left because apart from the shadow contacts l did, I was no longer contacted to come in to do any regular work. Plus I was fortunate to gain a similar role alot more local to me🙂.
Pros
Gained further experience as a Contact worker
Cons
Lack of communication from recruitment consultant
I enjoyed my short time at Swan family. I learned so much and look back to my time fondly. My manager was a great source of support and knowledge. I would recommend this company to family and friends.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Too long to commute
Swanstaff provides great opportunities to those willing to work hard for success, they offer an inclusive company culture and good benefits. They also care for staff wellbeing.
I spend the majority of my time entering time sheets, clearing through my emails and prioritising work. I have learned a lot about the running of a business, and how to operate payroll on a weekly basis. The most difficult aspect of my job would be meeting challenging deadlines because of the high volume of time sheets, however our team is very good at distributing and sharing the workload.
Promised work after interview have heard absolutely nothing empty promises avoid got called for interview via cv they over promised and nothing has been forthcoming bearing in mind how much work is out there just avoid
Office staff do not interact or support contact workers adaquatley and tend to be 'keyboard warriors'. Company Directors wear sportswear to work and drop in to give negative criticism between gym sessions. Contact workers try hard to support families but are made to feel at fault if an issue arises, which often happens.
There is no stress or drama to working with this agency, Everyone is so friendly and will go out of their way to help . The training is done on a regular basis, Swanstaff are quick in resolving any issues that may arise.
6 February 2020
Hi, we're so glad you're enjoying working with us and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd?
I was tuped over to this company. At first you felt that you were not welcome at all. This settled down after a year. As soon as Swanstaff lost Central Bedfordshire contract, they cherry picked the staff they wanted to keep, even though I was tuped over on a Bedford Borough contract which they still maintained. This company made me and others redundant. There were no complaints regarding my work, they just needed to get rid of staff
6 February 2020
Hi there, apologies that you feel this was regarding your experience with Swanstaff, however we always follow best practice when we taking over contracts and the Tupe of new staff members. As you know when Contracts are taken over, sometimes not all job roles are required anymore and therefore become redundant. This based on the set up of the new company (Swanstaff); as a Bookkeeper this role was not required at a Centre level within Swanstaff and not in line with our other 9 Centres, as we have our dedicated Accounts team based in our Head Office. We always aim to see if there are other job roles available before the Redundancy route, however, unfortunately in some cases certain employees are not able to fulfill other roles due to the qualifications needed for the sensitive roles within Children Centres.
Fab brilliant never had a problem awesum boss always busy and booked up with work never been without work love my job at swanstaff my two bosses in the office are the best
I love working with them, I haven’t got any problem with my payment and payslips all out on Wednesday afternoon. Good people good company no issues. On call is brilliant they responds to issues immediately is reported.
the company is ok to work for but there isn't a security of them finding you work. also if you have to rely on public transport they tend to send you further
I love working with swanstaff because they have helped me loads kind loyal to me in person even if i have got a problem they help me out understanding . i have had no issues working with the company been here for bout 5 month now and i can say that i have found my place where i love to work and one day i would like to be a team leader or manger as i have the confidence in me
Pros
good advice pay weekly honest and hardworking
Cons
My role at Swanstaff Recruitment was to represent them as a Support Worker in different ' Health and social Care settings' such as support living care and home care. Swanstaff opened doors of opportunities for me to develop inter personal skills, team work and building on a daily basis and confidence in projecting my views in a professional manner in order to make a positive impact in each client I worked with. Adaptability is a skill I was able to develop regularly at my work place, no day at work is the same, care plans and procedures can vary and change according to each clients conditions and needs. Their was several different challenges in my work place such as clients finding themselves frustrated with their impediments and restricting conditions whether it may be mental or physical which often led on them throwing their anxieties and anger on the person supporting them. Sometimes it was a challenge reporting effectively individual concerns to management as different companies worked differently and management was never the same from company to company. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to add my own essence and creative ideas into improving each individual clients daily life and and often providing long term solutions to their problems by making close analysis of their conditions whether it may be physical or mental. If you've had an easy shift where not much as happened, chances are, you've not supported someone well. Am very content to know that I'm constantly learning new methods of over coming challenges. Overall I enjoyed working for - more...
Pros
Branching on the behalf of the company
Cons
No set hours
Swanstaff Recruitment offer great opportunities to their employees. Since starting I have completed 3 short courses and a high level qualification, I am also given the opportunity to attend various seminars related to my role which all assist with my CPD. The office is environment is the best I have experienced and whilst we all work hard we also socialise and spend time together outside of work too. There are not jobs where you make friends for life as well as wake up every day with no work dread!
Pros
Great Office environment, Great People, Good Progression Opportunities
Cons
None that require a mention!
I worked for this shower of clowns due to being transferred from another company. Within the first month they cut the hourly rate and refused to honour holidays. It’s all money with them and they treat staff terribly. They have no idea what they are doing and place profit before everything else. If you see a job advertised don’t bother.
Pros
Cons
Money before everything, terrible employer.
17 May 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, some elements of your review are related to sensitive information which we would like to discuss with you directly, please contact hr@swanstaff.co.uk so that we can respond to your concerns privately. During TUPE situations whereby employees are Transferred from a previous Employer we can only base contractual elements such as salary and holiday entitlement on the information provided to us by the predecessors, where errors occur and incorrect information is passed to us, we work as quickly as possible to ensure that these are resolved at the earliest opportunity, however, this can take time as we require further clarifications from the previous Employer.
Management are completely incompetent. Ring you every day pushing you to pay for your dbs when you don't have the money and you have already told them you couldn't pay until after xmas. Then after Xmas when I borrowed money to be able to afford it they then asked for a load of documents I had already given them. I then sent them double the amount they needed. I then waited every day for my dbs to be processed by swanstaff so I rung them every day. For them to say that the original lady dealing with it was on annual leave and they wanted my passport... I had already sent them everything to the lady who had gone on annually leave. They then said they would call me back. Waited another day... Didn't hear anyrhing. I rung them 3 days in a row. Then the weekend come and something has took that money out for my dbs and now I cannot afford it. There communication skills are diabolical even though they all work in the same office. Still waiting for a call back from the boss .. who I doubt will even bother.
Pros
The branch manager is the only one that has tried to help.
Cons
Everything about this company is terrible.
I signed uo with Swanstaff Recruitment in Colchester since May 2018 as a HGV Driver as I have a CPC Qualification and Swanstaff have been fairly consistant in finding me work on a contract temping basis. They are a fair company to work for but some of the contracts they have sent me too have been a let down due to some of the trucks breaking down etc.
Pros
Fairly Regular Work
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Pay
The particular office allocating work for me often rang in the early hours of the morning. They did not take into account I was caring for a terminally ill parent and trying to fit work around caring, even though I gave weekly availability.