Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd

Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom55 reviews

officeopportunitystaffteamcompanyhourpayworking

Slow to respond to work late reply for weeks work

Not sure what to expect from a week works cancel often should be paid for the shifts need help with uniform and not stop money should be paid by client its there delivered load

Pros

Can not reliable for work

Cons

Hours are ok but need help with Hours

Really nice place to work

my work colleagues are also so supportive. every day is different at work, but its worth it knowing that there is constant support whenever you need it

Insights into Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Not the best but not the worst

Very high KPIs and when achieved get little to no benefit, when failed will get a disciplinary. Often got moaned at if you achieved your KIPs to help the other teams who didn't achieve there's, was even made to stay late to help the other team. Favouritism plays a massive part in this company, if you're not in you're out, and if you're in you can get away with not doing anything all day and having thousands of smoking brakes

They will give anyone a manager position.

The job is basic, there is no support, the staff turn over proves that. You'll either be doing nothing or way more than your salary should allow. Anyone associated to the Dartford office will be treated great, everyone else gets treated like rubbish. One of the worst companies I've ever worked for.

Cons

Offered job, never heard back.

A few months back I was offered the job (family contact centre worker) after having an online interview. I did the training, via zoom and everything was fine. They had problems contacting one of my references but said that they would sort it out. I waited and waited and heard nothing. I emailed and called and still nothing. A complete waste of my time. How can a company offer someone a job and never contact the person further? That is a very big reflection on how the company is run. Furthermore, they have all my details, photocopies of my ID etc. Avoid if you actually want to start working.

Pros

None. Didn’t even start working

Cons

None. Didn’t even start working

Great company to work for

Worked here for 4 years. Rarely had a problem getting shifts that I could get to. The office/management has always been supportive and helpful. Would recommend.

Pros

Weekly pay, flexibility

Cons

0 hour contract

Not the best

No respect for staff members. Office staff make numerous mistakes and pass the blame onto others. HR don’t answer the phone and rarely reply to emails. During Covid the management and chosen members of staff are happy to sit and do each other’s hair and nails in groups.

Pros

Cons

Good chance of catching Covid

Excellent team and higher management support !

A great team to work for particularly the Peterborough Swanstaff Recruitment branch. Too, the CEO, Operational Manager and HR team were always happy and very supportive. Just a fantastic company to work for- If ever you get a job opportunity with Swanstaff Recruitment I simply cannot fault this company at all !

Pros

Recognition and rewards

Cons

Oncall duties

HR department laughable!

Lack of communication from recruitment consultant, once registered. When l did the online zoom training, although helpful but there was no further contact from Swan. Swan Human resources department were polite but not transparent. Especially re. contacting my 3 referees🙄. Never felt apart of the team. Perhaps because I was just an agency worker. I started at a time during the aftermath of the lock down, so it was fairly quiet. However, there were always service users, whenever I was there. I eventually left because apart from the shadow contacts l did, I was no longer contacted to come in to do any regular work. Plus I was fortunate to gain a similar role alot more local to me🙂.

Pros

Gained further experience as a Contact worker

Cons

Lack of communication from recruitment consultant

A great team to work with

I enjoyed my short time at Swan family. I learned so much and look back to my time fondly. My manager was a great source of support and knowledge. I would recommend this company to family and friends.

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Too long to commute

Great Place to Work

Swanstaff provides great opportunities to those willing to work hard for success, they offer an inclusive company culture and good benefits. They also care for staff wellbeing.

Friendly

Good Communication, and people were very friendly. People always helping me out if I had problems. I learned a lot about the food business, and how it worked.

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

Distance in travelling to work

Productive and a fun workplace

I spend the majority of my time entering time sheets, clearing through my emails and prioritising work. I have learned a lot about the running of a business, and how to operate payroll on a weekly basis. The most difficult aspect of my job would be meeting challenging deadlines because of the high volume of time sheets, however our team is very good at distributing and sharing the workload.

Poor very poor

Promised work after interview have heard absolutely nothing empty promises avoid got called for interview via cv they over promised and nothing has been forthcoming bearing in mind how much work is out there just avoid

Stressful environment with no support.

Office staff do not interact or support contact workers adaquatley and tend to be 'keyboard warriors'. Company Directors wear sportswear to work and drop in to give negative criticism between gym sessions. Contact workers try hard to support families but are made to feel at fault if an issue arises, which often happens.

Fantastic agency to work with.

There is no stress or drama to working with this agency, Everyone is so friendly and will go out of their way to help . The training is done on a regular basis, Swanstaff are quick in resolving any issues that may arise.

Official response from Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd

6 February 2020
Hi, we're so glad you're enjoying working with us and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future!

Hostile

I was tuped over to this company. At first you felt that you were not welcome at all. This settled down after a year. As soon as Swanstaff lost Central Bedfordshire contract, they cherry picked the staff they wanted to keep, even though I was tuped over on a Bedford Borough contract which they still maintained. This company made me and others redundant. There were no complaints regarding my work, they just needed to get rid of staff

Official response from Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd

6 February 2020
Hi there, apologies that you feel this was regarding your experience with Swanstaff, however we always follow best practice when we taking over contracts and the Tupe of new staff members. As you know when Contracts are taken over, sometimes not all job roles are required anymore and therefore become redundant. This based on the set up of the new company (Swanstaff); as a Bookkeeper this role was not required at a Centre level within Swanstaff and not in line with our other 9 Centres, as we have our dedicated Accounts team based in our Head Office. We always aim to see if there are other job roles available before the Redundancy route, however, unfortunately in some cases certain employees are not able to fulfill other roles due to the qualifications needed for the sensitive roles within Children Centres.

Brilliant

Fab brilliant never had a problem awesum boss always busy and booked up with work never been without work love my job at swanstaff my two bosses in the office are the best

Good Company

I love working with them, I haven’t got any problem with my payment and payslips all out on Wednesday afternoon. Good people good company no issues. On call is brilliant they responds to issues immediately is reported.

ok to work for

the company is ok to work for but there isn't a security of them finding you work. also if you have to rely on public transport they tend to send you further

fun in work place

I love working with swanstaff because they have helped me loads kind loyal to me in person even if i have got a problem they help me out understanding . i have had no issues working with the company been here for bout 5 month now and i can say that i have found my place where i love to work and one day i would like to be a team leader or manger as i have the confidence in me

Pros

good advice pay weekly honest and hardworking

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement