Swanton Care and Community

Swanton Care and Community Employee Reviews

United Kingdom167 reviews

userbehavioursupportcentresupportingleaderstaffprogress

Nice home to work in

I worked for the company for years they say they have the ethos of ‘Potential, Responsibility, Integrity, Diversity, Empathy’ they don’t have empathy at all not for there staff and also say they can give you shifts to fit in with your other commitments that’s not true either . I worked full time asked to change my hours to suit family commitments and was told no and had no choice but to leave after years of being loyal to the company and going above and beyound

Pros

Lovely people we support

Good work frieds

management don't listen, company just want a façade for CQC Don't bother unless you are a robot. you won't be heard. If you can do your job without questioning anything go for it

Pros

Cons

deaf management

Insights into Swanton Care and Community

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Unprofessional

Worst experience of my life, would not recommend to anyone. Treated poorly & the residents aren’t cared for the way they should be. Very unprofessional

Pros

Isn’t any

Cons

Everything possible

good work place and company

i've worked for a couple of care companies and swanton is by far the best. there is amazing opportunities for career progression and it is clear that the young people are well cared for not just by the direct staff team but also the CEO who has visited the home i work in and interacted with the young people.

Pros

rewarding job lots of progression opportunities good management

Cons

14 hour shifts, weekend work

Flexible workplace

Swanton provides great flexibility for work-life balance and provides good development opportunities. I would recommend Swanton to those looking to work in the care sector.

Pros

flexibility

Care

Was ok in certain houses more than others Some staff are very nice and other are ok agency most of time other than the few core staff was ok later 1 week

Very good place to work

I've been at the company a very long time almost ten years, I've seen staff/managers come and go for varies reasons. Although the company has it's pro's and con's like every other work place the company care for the staff and the staff care for the people we support everybody works above and beyond everyday even when the days are hard, with challenges along the way but the really good days outweigh the hard days. When you have good management and a good staff team behind you and see the people we support thriving, learning and expercing new life skills/personal goals it really does make it all worth it.

Pros

Good staff team

Cons

Work home life balance is affected sometimes

okay company

The place I work is actually a really lovely place with a friendly management team and nice staff, however the company itself does have a lot of downfalls, which is unfortunate. Can be hard work but very rewarding.

Ok

The company has grown with new and better management looking forward to the future as the group moves forward 😀 with new adventures They listen to staff

Excellent company

The sheer volumes of refer a friends that join the company and stay far outweighs all other avenues of recruitment which says it all about how good a company this is and how they support everyone within the business.

The People you support here are lovely and make the long shift worth while. Company is a good company to work for. Good team work within the company .

Fantastic company

Swanton Care are an amazing company to work for. The people we support come first and are at the heart of our care and support. Plenty of activities are organised which the people we support thoroughly enjoy. Staff are fantastic and I’ve made friends for life. Our manager is excellent, so approachable and he knows exactly how to bring the best out of his staff and keep our service running smoothly. I have also took advantage of the recommend a friend scheme where I received £400 per person that I recommended to the company. I can’t recommend Swanton Care enough.

Commitment to those we Support. Clear vision.

Open and transparent. Energised and exciting. Supported. Very good team ethics. Commitment to improve. Nothing is to much trouble. Listened to.

Transparent and caring

The company has the vulnerable people we support at the heart of everything we do. Friendly and supportive culture where employees are valued and recognised

Poor company

Worst company in hull, staff are clicky create lies. Had no idea about moving and handling when it was vital for one service user. Staff all sit around in the office talking to eachother. No motivation for service users

Pros

Cons

Staff

Proactive fun environment to work in, amazing opportunities to progress!!!

I have been employed by Swanton Care for 17 years, during that time I have been given amazing opportunities to meet amazing individuals and be apart of and ever expanding organisation. The people we support are at the heart of everything, staff always go the extra mile and nothing is to much for them to support individuals in achieving their goals. If you have a caring nature and would love to make a difference to someone's life then come and work with us !!!!

Great company !!!!

Great company, great management team and great staff team. Starting work with little experience I was given thorough training and supported the whole time. Very friendly yet professional management team who are always ready to support or listen to anything that comes up with a smile. The activities we do with the people we support are always fun and the care given is always 100%. Long shifts but this means that you only work 3 day weeks.

Inclusive and supportive workplace

It is nice to see such compassionate staff who actually care about the residents and all work together to get the job done. There is a friendly atmosphere among the staff and a lot of support and encouragement from management. With plenty of opportunies to progress within the company, hard work is definitely rewarded.

Amazing team & Incredibly rewarding

Working for this company makes coming into work a very enjoyable experience, with something different and exciting to look forward too every day. Supported by a brilliant team of staff and managers, a demanding job turned into a collaborative and rewarding one. I have learned many new skills since working for Swanton and am enrolled in transferable qualifications, helping to develop my knowledge and skills. All staff are welcoming and approachable and ensure the residents receive the best care possible.

Pros

Different every day, active, meals cooked, rewarding

Cons

Potential long hours

Fun with great incentives

I’ve worked with Swanton for 19 months now, I have progressed fairly quickly due to the level of training I’ve received. I’ve received great support from management and always received any help I’ve needed. Ive also received great training to fulfill my job roll.

Very good company to work for!

Worked for Swanton for almost 20 years, lots of highs and lows during my time, but I can honestly say the company has improved immensely, especially since the last takeover. The company is now very forwarding thinking and proactively innovated, work/life balance is brilliant - support workers work 3/4 days per week, management Mon-Fri, the regional teams are very supportive especially in Scarlet Court. Very structured company now who have robust and effective policies and procedures in place. Very person centred vision who think outside the box to meet the needs of everyone they support and employee. Only reason why I left was to develop my career further due to limited opportunities.

Pros

Work/Life balance, Wellbeing support, proactive thinking management.

Cons

Lack of career development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swanton Care and Community. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement