Swatch Group

Swatch Group: 17 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews

Relaxed office, lovely people, opportunity to progress

It is good place to work at, but salary could be better. Nice and relaxed environment, lovely people, nice location, spacious office. Recommended to work at.

Underpay, discrimination, unfair and lack of progression for anyone internal

This company does not value effort of the staff.It is a great school but it will not let you progress further as they always prefer someone externally.The lack of diversity in the company is very serious. They expect you to give your life to the company but paying you less then average. This company in other parts of the world is also well know to be poorly managed.They have no career path as they don't want you to progress.I would triple think before working here.Doesn't matter how much or how hard you work. They never appreciate it.

Insights into Swatch Group

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energising work tasks

Horrible

Staff turnover is very high. Managers and HR arent very understanding at all. Just awful place to work. The general staff were nice. Think its better if youre a watch technician but phone and other staff arent respected

Pros

Discount on watches

Cons

Awful management

Ever changing environment

Swatch is a great company to work for, there are lots of exciting things happening around the world every week. There are only a few stores in the UK which makes progression difficult, but if you are willing to relocate it opens many more doors for you.

Decent workplace

Overall the Swatchgroup provides a decent work environment for its employees. Retail staff, even though possessing precious experience and rare skill sets are very much seen as replaceable, this 2 year experience has given me very little prospect of growth as an individual.

Overworked, underpaid and awful management.

Worked in the post room some years back and would like to stress that the manager of the whole building didn't have any people management skills that breathed confidence into any of the teams apart from putting more work, tons of pressure/stress and burning the people out! No extra pay, very tight on the once a year bonus (if you even notice it for your hard work!) If you wanted to buy a watch and get 20% off... then tough as London head office staff would likely of bought it! My unhappy experience working in the post room was that i discovered that other departments were entitled to tea breaks yet, the post staff would get the one 30 minutes in 8 hours! On Tuesdays you could be likely unpacking up to 700 watches from two bags by yourself... then be late for data entry. Sometimes it didn't feel like being in a team. Yet, it wasn't just opening post, it was inputting all the customer details, choosing broker accounts onto their SAP system (as fast as you can) before doing despatch jobs for other departments plus, photographing as many brands of watches front/back as possible then at the end of the day crating all the despatch all up for the couriers. The jobs/demands of production increased and the pay stayed the same flat rate (not much above minimum wage), even when helping other departments doing invoicing... no appreciation, no thanks afterwards. My own manager didn't have correct people management skills neither, could shout at people/humiliate them in-front of their peers and it just caused a massive atmosphere problem not only within teams but within the whole -

Pros

Free wear watch after 6 months

Cons

Management, Overworked, No parity, belief within it's staff

Complex

Overall store team were great to work with, Head Office staff are great, Company overall does lack progression and development for staff. you wont be getting anywhere if you don't mix with the right people especially the Swiss HQ

Pros

pay package

Cons

long hours, HQ politics

My family

Can't say enough about Swatch Group and OMEGA, Honestly greatest company to work for. I had to leave the company due to family issues, The country manager even called me to personally thank me for my work and wished my family all good luck. Said I was always welcomed back. Greatest company!!!

Pros

Leadership

Best Job in the world

Goods in and Shipping of The Swatch Groups luxury watches. Stock Returns to Switzerland, match Watch Ref and Serial Numbers. I learned to be very accurate and double check everything. Management - Awesome It was a great place to work, lots of fun and laughter. I loved every minute of working at Swatch.

Target focused

Target focused, combined duties, good work environment, great hours, average salary, good location, you have to be proactive and quickly adjust to the new updates.

Fun environment.

fun, young staff to work with in a youthful, colorful and vibrant atmosphere. Great working with the company, had lots of fun while selling products and trying to re-introduce watches to the younger generation who are now used to just using their phones to tell the time. The Name of the brand gets alot of loyal customers most of whom either owend a Swatch once in their lifetime or are familiar with it, though this applies to them being 35+yrs of age on average.

Pros

wear watch, nice people to work with, fun environment

Cons

no internal promotion.

Day to day

My day at work consist of answering E-mails and phone calls from other departments with questions they have regarding different repairs. Ensuring that day to day tasks are complete and prioritising these. Swatch group is a enjoyable place to work everyone is very welcoming and friendly. The workflow is high and the responsibilities are as well. in the year I have been there I have become next in command when the supervisor is not present and although this can be stressful I love having the responsibility and knowledge to be able to do this. I ensure estimates are up to date with work required and system shows all relevant information as well as delicating work to other members and ensuring they have all information needed to complete tasks.

Pros

Love what i do

Cons

No appreciation

Interesting

My time at Swatch was interesting. It was full on and busy but I learned things about watches that I didn't know before. The work force keep themselves to themselves mainly because they are busy and they all have a target to hit each day. The team I worked with were very friendly and made me feel very welcome.

Challenging and dynamic environment

Challenging and dynamic environment. Lots of work with nice and very professional teams. Very good products. I have learned a lot in marketing, communication and project management as well as retail development

Inadequate and unsociable

Swatch Manchester Airport T3: - Unsociable hours at the airport - i.e. 8am - 5pm, then repeat 4am - 1pm shifts - barely 11 hours off between shifts. - Store manager inadequate of the most basic tasks. - Store manager lacks empathy towards staff members. - Store manager create rota around their hobbies/out-of-work activities, so you get left with unsociable hours.

Cons

Management, Location, Company values

challenging environment

To supervise the staff in a production critical environment with continual changing targets across the day. Responsible for meeting the company’s KPI targets and service level agreements. To efficiently maintain and be accountable for the security of all stock held with the department of £1.5 million pounds Efficiently manage the stockholding levels and accuracy of all material being supplied on services and external orders. Also supporting the continual improvement to staff, productivity and full utilisation of resources available to further enhance the department.

A good working environment but room for improvement

Working in the postroom for Swatch Group was very good from a job perspective. It was a standard 9 to 5 day to day job which allowed me to gain experience in a regular working environment. The people in the office were great and there was warm sense of togetherness which made the job a lot more appealing.A regular day at Swatch would begin with unpacking the watches that had been sent in that day from couriers such as Royal Mail, G4 Securicor, DX, DHL, Fedex, UPS, TNT, Regency Shipping and Go Couriers from London. The volume would vary depending on the day of the week. Once the watches were unpacked they would be entered on the system using SAP, then they were photographed for diagnostics. Watches that had been repaired were sent down to us from the Admin team and we would close them on the system and ship them; the main courier being DX. I would normally take charge of the Royal Mail dispatch, which involved recording them in the book, creating the order online and then packing them for when the driver arrived at the end of the day.The management at Swatch is one of the things that really does need to change, because it created tension throughout the building. The main manager was in my opinion not suited to the job, he lacked people skills and just used the fear of making mistakes as his way of getting people to do their jobs. During my time quite a few people had left because of the management.My co-workers were the main reason why I stayed in the job, because despite the lack of appreciation and understanding from other departments, there was a good bond between us -

Pros

discount on swatch brand watches, free post, good working hours

Cons

poor management, lack of consideration from other departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swatch Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement