Sweaty Betty

Sweaty Betty Employee Reviews

Great company to work for, amazing women to work with.The uniform allowance is very generous and there are other benefits like free classes etc.However the salary isn't great unfortunately.
Pros
uniform allowance
Cons
low paid / short hour contracts
I think people really need to see that there are constant change overs in this company. Constantly looking for new people - because everyone is leaving. Been there over a year working in the Head Office - Design and Production team, and all the senior staff have left due to the stress, ignorance and constant change within the team and work.No one is happy here.
Sweaty Betty is a company that is far from providing support and wellbeing to women. Working for this company for a few months, I Constantly felt on edge, isolated, never understood what was actually happening and when asking others for help, everyone was too concerned on making sure their job was safe before helping you out. There are constant changes that are always happening and you are left to figure them out. Seem to be firing people because they're unwell or stressed and using this to say they can't perform their job at all and just quickly removing them.Terrible company to work for.
Pros
Clothes? Gym?
Cons
All of the above
For a brand that promotes the greatness and wellbeing and overcoming mental health for women, it is far from that when providing support for its own staff at head office. Without a doubt this place makes you feel like family as soon as you become an employee. Everyone is extremely friendly, very caring and even plans team days out. The training day is fun and a great insight to the company. The free classes they offer for their staff is great too, but dare you go to any of the classes over lunch, you will soon quickly feel bad for exercising and taking part as your time at SB should be working. People are expected to just walk into their role without any support or proper training and are expected to flourish within their job role within the first week and also becoming aware that people within the same role getting paid more or less than others. As weeks go on, the 'family' spirit has disappeared and soon you realise you're actually in a hostile environment with many women who are constantly judging you, putting you down and allowing you to spend most of your time within your role guessing and questioning what is really going on in the company to getting 'brief and short' replies. Although everyone still manages to smile at one another. Within the last 6 months this company has fired more than 6 people in one team finding 'loopholes' in contracts. You are not safe in your role and unfortunately like myself and many others, we have all been left jobless and questioning our ability and most importantly, our mental health.
Pros
Exercises
Cons
Quality of care to staff
Sweaty Betty is a great place to work with a fun atmosphere and amazing perks to the job. Management treat you like a person and not a number and understand the life/work balance. However, it can be slow, and pay for London is awful.
Great company ethics and mission. Fast paced and rich environment for customer service and team management skills development. Management encourages and supports progression and healthy lifestyles.
I really enjoyed working at Sweaty Betty. The teams are great and there are a lot of benefits with fitness classes and a free gym. The teams are not too social and work in silos at times but when there are problems everyone bands together to find solutions. If the location was not Putney Bridge (perhaps East of at least Farringdon) I could have stayed.
Nice company and ethos in theory but in reality you are over worked and under valued. Salaries are very low and lots of micromanaging from line managers.
Pros
Lovely colleagues and good uniform allowance
Cons
No work life balance, lots of overtime and low pay
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fun environment and extra benefits like workout classes. The workplace always had a positive energy and friendly faces to work with.
Pros
Free Workout classes
Honestly, one of THE best places I have ever worked. Full of the friendliest people, who are always willing to lend a hand with anything you need whilst at the same time inspiring everyone around them with new ideas. I couldn't fault them even if I tried!
Pros
People!!
If you are passionate about health and fitness, this is a great company to work for, lot's of free classes and uniform, amazing empowering general feeling, events, workshops and so on. Great opportunity to grow and feeling of family.
Pros
Free classes and uniform
Cons
low salary
They value staff happiness but the pay can be better management salary is very low. They advertise the uniform as a perk however it is a very small amount given the price of the items for example with a ÂŁ200 allowance for uniform you cannot build a full outfit for one day at work for example a pair of leggings, sports bra, top/t-shirt, jacket/jumper (for warmth) would exceed your allowance in no time at all. You do get a good discount rate but you should get at least one outfit per day you work for free. You shouldn't 'have' to purchase items for work. The work place is amazing and the teams are all lovely and kind
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Pay isn't great
Ona day-to-day basis I serve a variety of customers helping and assisting in purchases having a one-to-one relationship with them. I will help the customer from the moment they arrive at the store to the moment they leave. Some customers are easy to talk to and the communication turns into that of friends. This helps make them feel more comfortable and trustworthy of what we sell and also the environment of the company as a whole.
Pros
Bonus
A typical day at work is extremely enjoyable as you are allowed to manage your time and workload accordingly. I have learnt a whole range of skills in the Visual Merchandising Department due to the team being small. My manager always ensures the best for me. The workplace culture is active with everybody leading a healthy lifestyle! The most enjoyable part of the job is all of the opportunities, for example, travelling to the US.
Pros
Free classes. Flexible working hours.
Cons
Low salary. Lack of progression opportunities
A fabulous place to work, engaging culture and people. However, at times, it can be challenging - like any growing, retail business. People will be given the opportunity to show their ability and passion at different levels, but must show a level of resilience in return.
Pros
Free Classes everyday, flexi-hour
Amazing - lots of career progression and opportunity. Management are brilliant. Invest in staff. Flexible hours - take studies into consideration. Customers are brilliant. Excellent product - proud to have represented.
Pros
Company events
Cons
Hours too flexible for some staff
good for flexible easy work but isnt that stimulating. is a nice company to work for, and there are some perks, but isnt much scope for advancing. usually a nice team of people that work there.
Pros
cheap sportswear
Cons
on feet daily
Management were so lovely, and everyone was treated equally. Amazing pay and great perks of money allowance for clothes in the store and free classes.
Pros
Money allowance for clothes, free classes
Sweaty Betty are a fun passionate company.I loved their company values and outlook on empowering women through designer sportswear. Very stylish London inspired products that was a joy to sell. They offer a training day in London at Sweaty Betty headquarters which was really helpful.
Pros
Discount on luxury sportswear
Cons
none!
I have been a supervisor for Sweaty Betty since May 2016 and can honestly say it has been a pleasure to work for the brand. I would love to progress my career with them where possible.
Pros
Good training, staff and products
A typical day at work involved cleaning the shop, sizing and spacing before the shop opened. During the day you size and space the clothes a lot, carry out stock replenishment, work on the till, take phone calls and advise customers. I learned how to handle customers and give a full 'customer experience' from the moment they come into the shop until they leave. Also how to work the till and carry out stock replenishment and order intake. Management was good, trained quite well and were friendly and approachable. The workplace culture was relatively nice, can be quite stressful particularly during times of sale and over the Christmas period so can get a bit tense. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get a nice and enthusiastic customer who really appreciates your help. Also the free classes that come with the job and the general fitness environment of the company help.
  1. Employee reviews