Swinton Group

Swinton Group Employee Reviews for Customer Service Manager

The last few years became very regulated and took a lot of the fun out of the work. Swinton have a flexible contract so when you worked on a Saturday you could get your time off basically any part of the week you wanted. My boss had lots of good points.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Shutting branch 28/02/2019
Helping customers, helping Staff, looking to feedback against calls I have listened to and coach my team members. Making sure I comply with Fca regulations.
Pros
Pay, People
Cons
Digital
I have loved my time at Swinton Insurance. I have been able to grow as an individual and progress my career. I have had to work hard but made some great friends and colleagues.
Pros
Our Area is great
Cons
prospects now limited
Having worked for Swinton for over 25 years I have seen a lot of change from when first sold from the family in the late 80's / early 90's. There were some very good years and following the sale in the early 2000's the culture changed to one of sales at all costs. This resulted in a FCA fine and the company having to tighten up their sales processes, quality and compliance. This together with a change of leadership resulted in Swinton lacking vision or clear direction in how they would provide a clearly different and unique customer experience. In the end the leadership / owners decided to take the non-branch high level of customer contact model they had always provided to go to a single site online mostly DIY service where everything is based on price. They sold recently and are continuing with the new ownership to complete the closure of their network which I understand is to be completed by H2 2019. If success in measured in the complete change of customer proposition, reduction in core costs, narrowing of products / services and ultimately the selling of the company for a high price then the job done by Gilles Norman as CEO over the last 3 years or so has been a complete success. However, if you were a loyal customer or employee then I sure you would view things very differently.
Pros
Was a great place to work
Cons
No longer has a branch network and is competing full on with price only vs competition
On the whole was a very good company to work for. Lots of changes over the last few years made it tough but the work/life balance was always good. Only left due to redundancy
The job was mostly enjoyable , until an alleged all singing all dancing new computer system was introduced , which was not fit for purpose & often to the detriment of our customers , which went against all we stood for.
Pros
Each day was different but we were a great team & made our own fun
Cons
Long hours & over exaggerated targets & a dreadful computer system
After been at co for over 19years they have list there way! Unable to compete with online companies, new systems bought in but with no real training. New systems not stable, constant branch closure leaves staff worried for the jobs
Pros
Flexible workkng
Cons
Job security
Complying to security checks daily,maintaining office to health and safety standards.Leading by example,people development whilst working within a regulated environment. Performance management and quality assurance - these are just a few of the daily tasks required.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Additional hours as and when required - commercial requirements
I have worked for Swinton for 10 years, enjoyed it up until about 3 years ago, the new Senior Management and latest big decisions being made along with constant lies and keeping staff in the dark have been the down fall of the company I had loved for so long.
Branch closures again. Lied to my management constantly. Used staff and colleagues to transfer to new system with no training. Led to staff being off with stress and tears in the office.
Pros
Redundancy
Cons
to many to list
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Swinton Group?
  1. Customer Service Manager