Swinton Group

Swinton Group Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Ever changing systems and processes. No real leadership at top management level. Staff having to deal with a hotch-potch of multi computer systems.. Insufficient training
Substandard managers, colleagues were good, but the overall impression from middle management downwards smacked of the headless chicken school of management. The customers service managers were pretty clueless but at least you had a half decent canteen, and the security staff at the front desk were friendly and professional. Good location though.
Pros
Cheap salad bar in the canteen
Cons
Incredibly poor line management
Working in a call centre in Manchester that was not big enough for the company needs. Hot desking situation meant there was often times you would turn up and not have a desk to use. Job advertised as inbound sales, but was actually cold transfers from another company. This meant the targets were unrealistic and the day was a constant barrage of abusive and customers hanging up. Soul destroying and very little support from management. Also the shift pattern was hard for anyone commuting and was different to what was advised at interview.
Employee hardwork was overshadowed by over-critical one-to-ones with over-ambitious branch manager who was only focused on delivering results without understanding the employee's personal circumstances.
Very stressful sales targets applied no break from incoming phone calls.Management at branch levels seemed to understand the difficulty of the job however middle management were clueless
Nice Company to work for good staff and good working hours shame that they closed all the branches issue with management no knowing what the staff need to do to meet targets
The managers are really good however a typical day is very boring and the job role itself is a drain on you mentally and physically. Work culture is lacking as they dont offer much in terms of encouraging team bonding.
If you desire to further your career Swinton is not the place for you. They would much rather employ external candidates that tried and tested internal members of the team
Pros
great location
Cons
Management have no idea what they are doing
The place is okay. It pays well and the people there are very nice. For example you'll walk in to smiles every day. But when it comes to poor managment this place gets it spot on. Some managers are cool, know what they're doing and actually care about you but getting passed around From one to another all the time messes it up. I personally had 4 managers while I was there and each one treated you different. Your just another adviser. Favorites get stars and badges and are pushed forward. It's very busy and it's call after call. So repetitive. There are incompetent people in managment and it's not seen by higher management because as soon as they're around the managers straighten up and act differently. I was off sick due to mental health problems and it literally only got looked at in meeting about the sick days (return to works). On one occasion my manager did an informal investigation within a return to work meeting and tried to use the information given For the investigation. It made no sense and I raised it with him and told him I wouldn't sign the paper. The place gave me a lot of problems. It feels like you are a part in a big robot(Swinton) and if you get rusty... Your gone.
Pros
People are nice but wasted here.
Cons
Manegers, higher management.
every day is different, giving great customer service on all occasions. helping customers set up policies, manage changes & deal with renewals. experience dealing with complaints.
Swinton is an outstanding company to work for, it tries to make its employees happy by providing them with better working conditions and fair pay. It's a stunning place for a contact centre
Due to the internet ,local town branches have been phased out and the main call centre in Manchester is now the hub of swinton. Not practical to relocate. Will be redundant from the end of may beginning of June 19. Swinton is good company to work for with fairness and flexibility towards employee's x
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Worked for Swinton for the best part of 20 years. Main role was senior sales advisor - I would be sat at the front of the office dealing with the majority of the footfall as well as phone calls. Quoting and selling personal lines insurance. We were targetted in various ways over the years - For example, we had a period where the branch was set an income target and it was down to us to hit that. Whoever brought in the most income would receive the highest part of the bonus that we were paid. At other times, we were set individual targets, so, as an example, I dealt mainly with renewals and my monthly target would vary from 87% - 95% depending on the month. Always hit target without fail. Also, helped clients with claims related issues and any other product queries they may have had. Cross selling was a key philosophy for Swinton so there was a lot of lead capturing and then later on, calling the customer back to quote them on, for example, their home insurance. I had a high conversion from doing that as we used to be able to offer customers promotions such as free contents in with their buildings cover.
Pros
Great team of people - All pulled together - No squabbling
Cons
Had to work late nights until 8 once a week, but we did get the time back to be fair. Was a long day though.
The job is advertised as customer service when in fact it’s a sales role. I was advised one in five weekend would be workable to find the shifts provided where to work eight out of nine weekends! The appointed manager of my allocated team had no people skills what so ever she was either new to the role with no experience or simply not human. I would avoid this company at all costs the training technique to sell policies are very under hand and not morally right they manipulate the customer to push the sale if the most expensive policy. They base this on the key questions they ask but don’t disclose all options to the customer. I’m sure the fca will be heavily fining this company in the near future.
Pros
Zero
Cons
False advertising positions / hard sales
Great people working there, however, management don't seem to have a clue what they are doing from one day to the next! Unrealistic targets for CSA's, staff time micromanaged to the point of absurdity by "real time team" i.e. only allowed two breaks a day and half hour for lunch -- and these are scheduled before you even walk in the door.
Cons
Micromanaged to the point of quitting
Not a very good place to work. Very pressurized environment with unnecessarily high kpi targets. Poor training and very little support from team leaders and management.
Pros
Cons
Stressful place to work
Speaking with the general public on a daily and regular basis, handled all aspects of claims procedure. Administration, typing e mails and handling correspondence to do with claims. A good working Environment generally, nice staff and management very fair. A very fast paced environment generally, quite pressurised but enjoyable at the same time.
Again full details of a typical day are outlined in my CV. Hardest part of the job was the first day of every month knowing the job of reaching monthly targets started all over again. Staff and management pleasant.
Pros
Job satisfaction when targets met.
Cons
Was made redundant.
Administrative. Based on learning and memorising processes on their internal systems. Skills gained: Basic telephone experience and customers service, working to targets. Management are really happy and caring, care a lot about their staff. Everyone very friendly and got on well with each other.
Pros
Good leadership of managers.
Cons
Work too easy
personally found i boring and a lot of internal work politics and favaoursim. I needed a change in job role and a break from my life so it wasnt too bad however wouldn't want to spend my life here.
In house training consistent for development. confusing monitoring systems with unstable new it system. Branch network diminishing due to on line growth. Excellent salary.
Pros
colleagues and friendships developed over the time. excellent salary
Cons
changing rotas frequently
  1. Customer Service Representative