Swinton Group

Swinton Group Employee Reviews for Insurance Advisor

Forward focused & now the main contact - service centre in Manchester, opportunities for advancement and career 😃 kept informed of changes and company achievements - forward thinking management senior team -
Pros
Locations, modern fresh offices, career progression
Cons
Need to be able to embrace change as going through growth
the job is fine. the job culture is bad. bonuses are poor and difficult to acheive with some managers being very pushy and, in my experience, rude, overbearing, and even agressive. I worked for 3 different managers while I was employed there, one of them was great a real people leader! one of them was a little bully who would make coments about my appearance and personal life, and the other was an out right tyrent whos blood pressure would visibly go up if he had to interact with the staff at all.
Pros
have many branches so may be local to you. training is very good
Cons
small office, often with no parking, can be very difficult to reach targets as products not competitively priced.
Day includes providing insurance quotes and policies for car, home, travel. A lot of opportunities for training and advancement. Good Benefits. Dynamic atmosphere
Swinton offered a good service and had great relationships with other insurers. The issues they had was the lack of support given to employers in the form of training and management. The were various changes that will ill thought of and made the job more difficult. The salary was below par with many employees depending too much on there bonus.
As per above the best thing about the job was the team I worked with who made the long days fun..The job in itself was interesting but to many rules and regulations brought in by the company
Pros
Guaranteed monthly wage
Cons
Computer system
targets were set monthly and very hard to achieve. Talking and greeting new customers to the company. Explaining all of their cover and what options they have for the future, Working with a good team to support oneanother meet targets on a monthly basis.
Pros
security
Cons
targets
Worked for Swintons Insurance just for 1 year, however it was a great job with a good management, opportunity to increase monthly earnings on monthly basis. Great staff, loved it!
Pros
Great atmosphere, opportunity to earn extra commission
Cons
Low salary
big company lots of different branches target driven hard targets to achieve not a lot of support given fast paced working environment pressured by management
I used to like to work here until they introduced sales cold calling, which i felt intimidating to the people we were calling. I left this job to become a full time mum.
Pros
good money
Cons
sales targets to high
Working in Swinton's was very target orientated if you did not reach targets then you would not be paid commission. It helped me to work well both for myself as an individual but more as a team. Everything was scripted so it also made you become compliance minded.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
very unachievable targets
working with the public is my strong part of my day i enjoy having built a bond and sometimes people come to my branch and will only wait for me to attend there needs,makes me feel proud as customers are the heart of any business.
Pros
free tea and drinks
Cons
travel
Great place to work, good benefits and bonus. Unfortunately the branch manager was like a little hitler.