Swinton Group

Swinton Group Employee Reviews for Sales Executive

Most of the staff and managers were fantastic, however the area and regional managers made my life a nightmare its one of the reasons I left Late nights on a Wednesday till 8 when you start at 9 leave home at 7am and don’t get in till 10 was a lot but managers didn’t care as they were sat at home whilst you were still at work
Pros
N/a
I liked speaking with customers it was enjoyable the hours were very good ..good managers local to where I lived like running through quotes with customers and there vehicals.
I haven't worked there in a while so things may have changed. But the management are horrid. Majority of the staff are even horrid. I once got called a rude name and sworn at aggressively very loudly across the team by my colleague (and meant to be friend surprisingly!) because I apparently stole their sale. It was past closing time and there was over 10 calls queuing and you can't leave until they are all taken, so I didn't check if this customer had spoken to someone previously. My line manager heard and just gave me a look as in 'oh dear what do you want me to do'. And let this colleague carry on shouting abuse no matter how much I said sorry. Then in a meeting with my line manager regarding telling her about my pregnancy she told me she thinks I will be a lazy mum. When I returned after my maternity my new manager made up that I gave her a dirty look in front of the newbies and took me into a meeting. I certainly didn't and even the new people agreed I didn't and said I am very polite. I also had screenshots of my facebook taken by god knows who and was taken into a meeting saying I am slandering the company as I set a status asking questions about childcare and said I didn't want to upset my job keep having to take time off. Because someone else commented saying they should understand etc, apparently that was me slandering the company, it got taken higher and they was going to review my job so I just quit at this point, which I think is what they wanted. The wage was half decent so if you are happy to get paid decently to be treated like s*** then this may not be so bad.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Management!
I took this job after having my son who is now 7. I know what the job entailed but i just wanted a job to support my son while i found something better.
In the brief time I worked at Swinton they were fined for miss-selling and we were advised to ignore training and use underhand techniques to badger customers to buy products they didn’t need of were not eligible for. They had little flexibility in work life balance and it was all about hitting target no matter what the cost. A company willing to take the fines just to make money.
Pros
Cons
Stress inducing working environment
Safe to say the worst company I have ever worked for. Huge lack of commincation and organisation, new starters on higher salaries than those with years of experience - pay rise we were due didnt happen due to 'no money in the pot'... Call after call of furious customers and managers who couldnt care less. Zero job satiafaction
Pros
Team mates
Cons
Everything else
The team leaders micro manage and treat employees like children. The management don't value their staff whatsoever. The annual salary was always bad but we used to be able to earn a decent bonus with achievable targets. When I left that wasn't the case anymore. They were obviously trying to save money so devised awful scripts which were embarrassing to read to the customer and no way to achieve target. Dreadful place.
Pros
Water cooler
Cons
Management, pay, lack of bonus, ridiculous scripts, working Saturdays as well as working all week, computer systems.
i did not enjoy working here because of all the constant changes, when i started the salary was okay with good bonus incentive, just before i left they removed all incentive.
The position was advertised as helping customers however it seemed to be hassling customers to achieve unobtainable targets. The job was paid ok and the hours were ok but the rest was not.
Great work colleagues, enjoyed the office environment and working with clients on the phone and face to face but company expectations demanded a lot of overtime.
Was a great place to work, used to have great working relationships with staff,managers and customers however nationwide redundancies has left a lot of people feeling ripped off by the company.
Great branch with great people Poorly managed at the top,organisation and how things are passed down is done awfully,although face to face with customer was a nice break from the phones.
Pros
face to face sales
Cons
Higher up management
If you work you will succeed , Manchester head office is to be if your wanting to progress in you career . Other locations are in branches if you want to work face to face with customers.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
role dependant
I've worked here for two years and Swinton are trying to put customers first according to the directors Management however just care about numbers and pressured sales.
Pros
Cons
heavily targeted.
Team work Great place to work Great customer service Flexibility Organised Respected Regulated by FCA Compliant Learn something new everyday Trustworthy
Friendly colleagues and work atmosphere is incredibly exciting and it's a fun place to work. Great for long term career and easy to progress within the business. Excellent benefits and also excellent work facilities.
Pros
Good pay, friendly, flexible work patterns
Cons
Rotating shift patterns
It wasnt' a too bad place too work, chilled atmosphere and the staff were very friendly. Just seem to all fall apart when they brought the strata system into place.
Overall a great company to work for, a typical day would include calling customers with regards to renewals of the insurance products they have and taking inbound calls as well as dealing with face to face customers. also responsibilities included taking the banking and closing the banking at the end of the day, also post, franking and any claims that needed to be handled in an orderly fashion. The most important part of this role was to be compliant at all times.
Pros
getting involved in local events and charity events
Cons
being none advised
This is a company that claims to care about it's customers but spends all of it's time pushing it's staff to bump customers prices up. It also seemed to me to repress any individual identity and single out those who do not fit the office stereotype. The staff are treated as just worker mules and i do not believe they feel valued. The overall management is okay in the call centers and branches, i believe that the problems stem from a higher level in the company.
A typical day at work was the same everyday, reading long boring scripts. Co workers backstab and talk about you behind your back. All for one and all for all type attitude to get sales. Manager could not be bothered and bullied me, and was not good at the job herself. Alot of promises not fulfilled. Bad training and support . If you want to say in the same position for the rest of your life this job is for you. If you like get bullied and made to feel small then this job is for you. Hated every minute of it
Pros
Cons
everything
Zero contract hours, work when you want, friendly staff, training provided.Lunch could be better for staff. would highly reccomed to friends.