T.G.I Fridays

T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

It all depends which store you choose to work at but I started in Guildford 2015 and it was the best experince I have ever had. The team were so friendly, everyone knew what they were doing, and we would all hang out after work. Started Bracknell 2018, after a couple of months, managers would employ younger people that didn't want to learn new skills. They were lazy and had clearly been told by their parents to go out and get a job. Choose a store with caution!
Pros
Free Meal when you work 10hours
Cons
Very long hours, Terrible Pay
Will work you as much as they can, only make sure they’re within the law with hours, breaks, and pay (minimum wage). They don’t really care about you as a person unless it’s affecting the work you’re doing for them funnily enough. Their only concern is making money and that you make them as much money as possible. Expect a meeting if you don’t. Wouldn’t recommend unless you have a thick skin, have seen so many colleagues break down on shift as it’s such a stressful, high paced, tense environment.
Cons
3 hour shift one day but then ten hours the next day, bare minimum breaks, unpaid breaks, have to pay for food on your break
Awful company to work for. Managers are nasty and a lot of bullying takes place. Things are very unprofessional and you get sworn at by management if mistakes are made.
Good place to work hoping you get a good group. Managers can be hit and miss some just dont want to do anything and others will help any way they can so as long as you have a good team it will be a fun place to work.
Pros
It is indeed an amazing place to work. Its a fast peace work but it is really enjoyable. The management team is just unbelievable. Its more like a family than a boss-employee. Its highly rewarding. Totally worth working at TGI Fridays. Don't think twice.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
flexible hr, as much as you need
Fridays specialise in giving you as little hours as possible at minimum wage. They have always told us we are part of the family but do everything to make you leave that family.
Pros
Free lunch if you work 10 hours.
Cons
Late hours. No overtime. Favourites amongst staff. Managers sleeping with staff
Fantastic training and as it was my first real job I don’t think there’s a better place to learn! I have worked in two stores though and have very different experiences. One of them was ran by trained monkeys and hired the same. It was a clique and if you so much as challenged the preferential treatment you were punished for it. Only the favourites got recognised and the left were the scapegoats. My second experience was better. Communication between departments was poor but it was run a little better. Better people too! I think the pay in central London is pitiful for the amount of work you do and where you have to live but anywhere else and I understand the national minimum because it’s a great place to earn tips.I parted via redundancy but would love to get back at some point in the future. I would massively recommend TGI as it can only help you in the hospitality industry. There is no other company where you have to do as much as you do Fridays. Intense but rewarding for your future!
Pros
Training, people, skill developer and confidence builder
Cons
Long hours, sometimes people, poor pay in London
The management was absolutely appalling. Would not like to take into consideration that majority of the other workers were being bullied by one of the managers. Completely ignored it when it tried to be reported. However you do meet some friendly people there. I’ve met 3 people from there who are genuine friends and i still have contact with them today. They also have left this place of business
A nice place to work, was so helpful for me through college and uni. Some managers were amazing and others not so enthusiastic. Tips are good although sometimes understaffed.
Job is OK if your desperate for money but other than that is awful. Don't get a free shift meal until over 10 hours worked. Very often don't get a break which is illegal. Some managers are OK, others treat you really badly. Training is poor, don't put enough people on your station so your constantly stressed. Would not recommend.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Long hours next to no breaks pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at T.G.I Fridays?
I did love working at TGI. I got along with most people and somewhere nice. However the pay was bad. the way the tips work for the waiting staff is ridiculous, the time and thing that the waiting staff had to do is again ridiculous. It was very clicky and if a manager or staff don't like you then they made life quite hard. I'd still be there if it wasn't for the rumours that were spread not only staff but to my returning costumers.
I worked for TGI Fridays for a year as an SA. I have a disability that slows me down and prevents me from being as fast as an able bodied person could be. They hired me on this basis knowing full well I would be slower than other members off staff. I had a manager sit me down and compare me to another colleague younger than myself and in fit health told me to reconsider my role at fridays. The atmosphere was very high school like on shift a lot of nasty coworkers who would say things behind each others backs. I also was left out of group conversions with my colleagues and a lot of the time they were talking about me. This has ruined my confidence trying to get to know people in the work environment. Overall don't consider going for a role with fridays unless you are desperate and don't plan on trying to move up with the company unless you want to lick managements backside.
Pros
weekly pay
its a shame its no longer the company it used to be. More staff at head office on massive salaries and less staff in stores. Best way to get promotion is to sleep with area managers or your general manager then you go from waitress to restaurant manager in 2 years
Pros
none anymore all the fun has gone
Cons
long hours, stressful environment, head office dobt do their jobs. General management sleeping with staff
Experience with TGI fridays over the years has been incredibly positive and definitely one of the best restaurant companys out there to work for. Would highly recommend
I worked for a year as a line chef, started as a dish washer, and the place was just dreadfull, management didn't care and worked specific people to the bone, I was doing 60 hour weeks and when I tried to get my hours reduced they straight up refused, they pay what they want, my younger and less experienced co worker was paid about a pound more than me ph, front of house have an easy time however, they prefer them under age partly because my line managers were pervs but also they can pay them less, they normally only work 8 hour weeks but make ridiculous tips and never stop complaining, seriously screw tgi's.
Pros
no life out of work
Cons
management suck
1. Free food on shift if you worked over 12 hours 2. 50% off food for you and 2 of your friends 3. Very flexible schedule especially for someone studying at university There are that many negative aspects of working within TGI Fridays, that If I were to write them all it will take me a whole day. Let’s just focus on the key cones. 1. Management guys you are terrible. If anyone consider working for TGI Fridays please for god sake don't even think about it!!! This job made me depressed! I was lively full of energy and I loved the life, but when I joined TGI everything has changed. Managers were awful! From day one they will give you no support/please don't suggest on whatever is being written on their website cause everything is a lie! After two weeks you will be asked to run your own sections and if you make one mistake you will be either fired or disciplinary punished who does that!! If you decided to ask managers, why you got punished they will smile and walk away from you making you feel miserable. People who worked at TGI knows how horrible front of staff are - they are rats - snitches - 2 faces people - never trust them!!! Workers at Tgi will do everything to get promoted into team leader and then assistant Manager. The worst thing about it is that every day managers will see snitches in their offices saying stuff about others. I am asking you guys now - how can you work in the environment where you always know that what every you say/ do will be listened by a person beside you and then used against you? If you are ready to get depressed, then please feel free - more...
Cons
12 hours or 10 hours
The store was always bustling and everyone always put in 100%. There's a culture within the environment that you are part of something bigger and you are rewarded for your hard work, regularly recognised for extra effort.
Pros
Shift Meals
Terrible company to work for clock in for shifts but get paid for less hours but no one takes responsibility. 6 restaurant managers in 6 years. progression only if someone already works in store and promotes you. Senior managers don’t have the skills to do their jobs and spend their time in the office or outside on a cig break. Lots of discrimination to non English staff. Want so much from you but give little back
Pros
Cons
Poor unsupportive management, poor pay, poor kitchen cleanliness, serves rotten veg
Lonely management. Helpful understanding relaxed people. Weekly pay never late or wrong . Only problem I had was working with lazy cleaners who took advantage of relaxed management.
Pros
Lots
Cons
Lazy co workers
It’s a really fast paced and challenging place to work have to be ready for a busy day at any point can turn from quite to busy enjoyable at times but very stressful at other times
Pros
Get to work as part of a good team
Cons
Late finishes
loved working here till i got made redundant most enjoyable was running smooth shifts keeping my staff motivated and meeting targets keeping on top of day to day tasks learned to be proud of my store run the restaurant as my own taking ownership keep on top of legal docs temps all day
Pros
£12 meal allowance every day worked
Cons
staying on if staff in the weeds
  1. Employee reviews