Tapi Carpets & Floors
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Tapi Carpets & Floors Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews

Fun place to learn a trade.

Really good commission based job. It’s a new company with lots of opportunities to progress. There’s more to carpet sales than people realise. I work in a small selling team and we all help each-other out. One of the best places I’ve worked. Like a little family and they really look after their staff.

very poor company

very poor company and they didn't have good material and i don't recommend to another fitter and they hadn't good manager and all the job we should comeback to store for pick up material

Insights into Tapi Carpets & Floors

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Fantastic company

Well managed excellent rates of pay . Work is always available . Flexiable hours . I have had a great experience working with them and hope to again in crawley when I move

Good benefits but unprofessional environment

Thrill of the sale and good quality products means that this job can be very enjoyable. The company are quick to offer praise from the highest levels for on target performance snd the bonuses are excellent and achievable. Salary is low but good performers will make this up with comission. However you work 6 days most wks, long days with no breaks and are often left alone which means managing large, heavy deliveries as well as running the shop floor.Complaints from fittings are high snd ultimately if these result in compensation your comission is affected. Fitters are employed externally so your hands are tied, if you stop giving them work due to poor and unprofessional conduct then you have a diary of customers not getting fitted within the promised timescales so you have to keep using them and risk complaints.My experience was that you need to learn quickly as you will have no formal training so it's pretty much figure it out for yourself.I personally experienced a lot of sexually derogatory comments from management both in store and higher, team members and occasionally fitters too due to being the only female in the team. This along with the hours was a deciding factor for me to leave.Overall you need to be physically fit, a great sales person, have a thick skin, be willing to turn a blind eye to unprofessional conduct and know that you will be working long hrs.

Pros

Bonuses were good and achievable. Company praise for on target sales was always quick and genuine

Cons

Long hours, a lot of lone working which was not always safe. No breaks. Work life balance was very poor

Average

Not the worst job in the world. Some days are quieter than others. Nice overall working environment but at times not so nice. The space is limited for storage of customers flooring and is somewhat inadequate. I was expected to carry more than I weigh on my shoulder every day, due to the delivery drivers not allowed to enter the small warehouse. I'm young and somewhat fit and find lifting 70+ kg over 30 metres quite a challenge.

Pros

Good work colleagues

Cons

No uniform or ppe like most good retailers(wasted hundreds on my own) Not a livable wage

Great Company

Great Company.Very family oriented.Good pay.Approachable management team.Trustworthy.Good support network within the company.Good communication through out the company.

Pros

Good Fun

Cons

Late night opening

Very Professional retailer. Goods products & culture

A good place to work with plenty of support from management colleagues alike. Well paid and very professional. Dedicated IT and HR support. Plenty of help to get you used to things when you join. A very professional company.

Pros

Professional, organised & supportive.

Cons

Not so far !

Fantastic Job with Great People

Tapi is a fantastic workplace that is always striving to be better for employees and customers! They have an Upper Management team that seem really caring and interested in their retail stores and people. In some big companies their can be a divide between Retail stores and Head Office and I feel Tapi feels more like a family from CEO to Part time staff. They really do seem to care about not just the team but individuals as well.The only issue I can think about if I really had to put my mind to the task is the 6 day weeks every 2nd week. Which can make your work/Life balance quite difficult . I am divorced with a child who lives with his mother. The hours and days I work do mean I'm only able to see him once every 2 weeks when I get my 2 days off in a week. I knew this when joining so is not a deal breaker for me but I do feel with decent staffing levels their is no need for the 6 day weeks.

Pros

Management, Job culture, Salary, Job security and a sense of the company moving Upwards and forwards

Cons

6 day work weeks every 2nd week.

Nice place to work

Typically a day at work involves approaching customers, building rapport and asking the right questions to find the right product at the right price. It's fun and not pressurised, the workplace culture is fun and relaxed.

dead easy to deal with

good rates and plenty of work, local to my house, weekly briefing and work sent day before to plan out, computerised plans so easy to read, fitting rate increasing thos month :)

Pros

local

Cons

can be delays

Amazing place to be everyday

Now been with Tapi for 6 years, brilliant journey seeing the company grow and the family culture continues despite the growth. Fun and genuine company

Pros

Fun

Cons

Non

Great Place to Work Feel like part of the Family

You are not just a number I feel extremely valued. A fast pace environment with a great team ethic. Everyone wants to help and support you and we all have the same goal. The number 1 flooring retailer in the country. People take pride in their work and care about customers. It’s refreshing to see.The hierarchy listen and do what’s best for the staff and business. New ideas are encouraged and valued.There’s not many business out there like Tapi.

Pros

A lot

Cons

The best flooring company i have worked for

Working for Tapi is fun and more relaxed than other carpet retailers but not to their detriment. There is a real family feel here and everyone is working towards the same goal, which is to provide the best service to our customers

Pros

Share options, good career options

Great place to work! Feel like management, sales and fitters are all one team and do what they can to help each other to make it just a good company to work for

Great Company, good benefits, well trained Management/Team available to support new starters!

Great company, good pay, good commission opportunity’s, support available when needed, great management! 110% would recommend working for Tapi Carpets!

Pros

Good Pay, Training Support, Trusted management

Cons

N/a

great place to work ,a family company

relaxed family enviroment .great place to work ,the whole team ,from warehouse to the owners are like a family.very relaxed obviously have targets and K.P.I s

Great family culture

The first thing you feel at Tapi is the family culture where everyone matters no matter what their role is. I enjoy working in an environment where everyone wants to be at their best and do everything they can to support their colleagues and customers. We raise the bar every day and always willing to go the extra mile for each other and for customers. Its a pleasure to work at Tapi.

Pros

The people - they're great!

Cons

I cant think of any

A bit average

Not as professional as you would expect. Some shortcuts taken but good value for money and my colleagues were all good people to work with. Some of the sales team should get more training offered to them on the different floor coverings and floor preparation

Relaxed envitonment for customers

Really enjoyed my time with the company. My reason for leaving was for a career change. Customer focused environment, makes them feel at home and relaxed so you can provide excellent services.

Fun and productive but

Productive with a lot of fun and interaction with customers. Shops are really filled up with customers on weekends so there are lots of activities which creates a room for one to sharpen his/her negotiation skills as well as customer service skills. a promising company to work for in the future as its still very new but overall challenge is concreate and efficient management

terrible

Even though your self employed carpet fitters your made to work 6 days a week, your forced to take on more work than you can physically handle in 1 day so your playing catch up constantly. There way over priced for the stuff they sell especially underpay, gripper, door bars. Even cheap carpet there still at least double the price as any other carpet shop. The management is all about making sure the jobs get done no matter how damaged some of the carpets arrive from manufacturing, some with faults all over or holes but fitters are sent out, all tapi are interested in is making money no matter what. Avoid and go to your family run shops.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tapi Carpets & Floors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Tapi Carpets & Floors with

• Tapi Carpets & Floors
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?