Targeted Provision logo
Targeted Provision

Targeted Provision Employee Reviews

4.6
Work-life balance

Child-centred and trauma-informed - great people to work for!

I've been a tutor for four months now and I was expecting the usual from 'agencies'. However, I couldn't have been more wrong. From the application, interview and discussion re my first student, I knew they were very very different! The attention to detail, their knowledge of the pupils and their care for me is outstanding. Every 3-4 weeks I get a phone call or email to check in on me, and I also have a support specialist allocated to me who I can contact if I have any concerns, queries or need a bit of extra help from. Everyone I have spoken to at TP has been lovely. They always ask how I am and if I need support, they pass on feedback from parents, pupils and the Local Authority, and I even had a call telling me how good my lesson reports are. I don't feel like a number here, I feel like a person. Every thing they do puts the child first, which is also my ethos. I love the variety of children that I work with and the people I meet as a result in their schools, care homes etc. It's very rewarding and I feel incredibly well supported. It's a great company to work for and they work with the best kids too!

Pros

Autonomy, cared for, appreciated, valued, making a difference.

Cons

None!

The most rewarding, supportive and caring company that I have ever worked for.

Targeted Provision has been the most rewarding, caring and supportive company that I have ever worked for. Management are approachable and genuinely interested in listening to your ideas, suggestions and questions about processes and how to best improve services and support. Throughout my time I have seen and heard the amazing impact that TP and our tutors have had to the lives of vulnerable children and young people, particularly this past year during the pandemic. Work has been challenging but ultimately pushed and improved my confidence, resilience, insight and knowledge of alternative education support. Everyone at Targeted Provision genuinely cares which makes the working environment feel supportive, positive and that every individual is valued. I feel incredibly lucky to have been given the opportunity to work for Targeted Provision, I will always value my time there and it has cemented my enthusiasm to work alongside young people and begin my own Teacher Training in the future.

Pointless waste of time

Took months to get sorted with everything they needed. They required me to be self employed, as such I paid for insurance, sorted out a tax consultant etc as I have never been self employed before, but within weeks they switched to PAYE. What a complete waste of time and money!While I appreciate work is not guaranteed (as with any agency)4 days work since January is simply rediculous and not what I was expecting.I have been teaching LAC & SEND young people for 3 years and have an excellent track record. I can honestly say this company has been a complete waste of my time and effort.

Pros

Don't know?

Cons

Hardly any work and cost me money to set up.

Official response from Targeted Provision

21 June 2021
We are really sorry to hear your feedback around your experience with Targeted Provision. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service and communications at all times and are sorry if you have felt disappointed in the process of joining us. We would welcome you to email us at jobs@targetedprovision.com so that we can discuss your comments in further detail.

Very organised straight forward

I applied the day I had my first vaccine and had interview, references, and some catch up training all in the next 10 days. I was back at work in a really nice school 14 days post vaccine. Super efficient! I had looked at a couple of agencies but TP were not only the most professional and organised, they also have a sense of vocation.

Pros

Their app really simplifies things

Cons

I have had to travel a little further than I’m used to

Challenging, fun and incredibly supportive place to work

I have worked in various organisations and nothing compares to the care and attention that everyone puts in at Targeted Provision. Management are readily available to speak to and extremely supportive of your growth. Each and every individual and their contribution is valued and their voice heard. You are trusted and supported on a daily basis and it is a highly encouraging environment to be working in. Training is thorough and you have regular reviews with your line managers to ensure you are on track and well supported. Everyone is passionate about their work and contributing to supporting vulnerable young people's lives, it's a lovely environment to work in.

Awesome place to work!

I started working with Targeted Provision in November and I've been so impressed with the growth mindset at the company and how everyone is dedicated fully to the cause of supporting the vulnerable young people we work with. It's a pleasure to be part of a growing organisation, where there are plenty of opportunities to grow and develop your skills whilst knowing you're making a real difference in the world.

Child-centred company!

Tutoring with Targeted Provision is a completely different experience as it is clear that they put the wellbeing of their students at the forefront of what they do. I felt I could really make a difference working with them.

Pros

Making a difference!

Great teamwork and communication

I have worked for Targeted provision for nearly a year. First as a tutor and now in tutor support. They are a team completely dedicated to positive outcomes for the LAC/SEND pupils they support. They are a very professional company to work for with an excellent team spirit. From day one as a tutor I was made to feel valued and supported in each placement. There was always a member of the team ready to give assistance when required. Now as part of the team I enjoy supporting tutors and enabling them to provide exceptional provision to each young person.

Supportive, caring company

As a tutor, working for this agency has been first-rate. From the moment I made the initial call to enquire about the role, I have been supported at every step. The team at Targeted Provision check in regularly with how my placements are going, providing support with all aspects of the interventions. Working with LAC/SEND pupils can be a very demanding role, and the team constantly check that the needs of the young people are not only being met, but are at the centre of every conversation. There is never any pressure to take a student, and I have been able to manage my own timetable to fit around my busy life. I am very very impressed with Targeted Provision, and would not hesitate to recommend them to others wanting to support some of our most disadvantaged children.

Pros

Flexible working, superb support, interesting & valuable work

Cons

As they are an agency, work isn't guaranteed so monthly income can vary.

Engaging and fun workplace

I really enjoy working at Targeted Provision. My days are varied and interesting. I always have something to do and I feel as though I am constantly learning and will continue to do so throughout my time here. The workplace culture is great - my colleagues are all very helpful, friendly and approachable. My training was detailed and productive and my line manager supports and helps me with any difficulty I encounter.

Jobs at Targeted Provision