Tascor

Tascor Employee Reviews

It was ok

but more designed for single life or a very undrrstanding wife ! Hours are long but you get to meet a lot of people and travel all over uk you can also opt for over seas as well I heard this was a great job never had the opportunity to try as I left due to distance and travel cost from home

Poor management

This company allows bullying to carry on in the workplace rather than deal with it!Victims are made to feel like they dont matter! And the bullies keep their jobs!No support from management which leads to really good people leaving a job they enjoy or just put up with it.Very few females in positions of leadership. And if a female is a leader some males will not take direction from them.If your favoured by management you can get away with anything.

Pros

Helping people in crisis and vulnerable get the help they need.

Cons

Long hours, odd shift patterns, lack of managerial support.

Great job

I enjoyed this job a lot. It was a busy job. Lots of driving. Be prepared to have a lot of interruptions on your shift. Great teamwork. Great training. Had fun days and stressful days. Line managers were very accommodating.

Long bighg shifts

It can be a very clicky place to work. The hours can be very unsociable and long. Protective clothing should be provided as you can pick up violent people or mentally unstable people and you don't get given anything bar restraints . The routes can be long especially if they only have one driver... management is poor and if you get on well with the bosses then you have early finishes and easier days.

Boring and no promotion

Not a good place to work money is awful and the jobs you get are terrible. They have no business sense or friendly hours if you have a family. That’s why I left and so do many people. The turn over is terrible

Brilliant place to work

This was an excellent job, working in custody under Tascor was exciting and team morale was brilliant, this was a role that requires shift patterns of day and night, this job is recommended.

Totally Fun Place to Work

I worked for Tascor at Stansted Airport for 6 Years . It was a Good Company to work for. Possibly needs to listen to it work employees abit more. But other that that ..... A Great Company....

Pros

Work Experience.... for the line of Work I was doing

Cons

Very Long Hours ..... no thanks from Management

If you're a liar, bully and enjoy intimidating and manipulating colleagues then this is your dream employer.

If you are decent, professional, hard working,conscientious and honest then avoid this company like the plague. Intimidation and bullying is rife. Management are completely disinterested in dealing with and punishing those who intimidate and bully other staff; in fact they are openly supported. Victims having to go sick with stress and depression with frightning regularity. This company is toxic!!

Pros

Reasonable working hours

Cons

Rife bullying culture, Poor pay

Basic beyond belif

Poor do not go near was not a caretaker was clean up human waste etc in the main.Wanted you on a string as cannot retain staff and other colleagues also moral low and management in this case poor.

Cons

Bad in parts but a base at Milton kins was good

I worked at Gatwick and Dover female staff don't drive. They sleep but u try to get them to drive they refused.with 2 staff a joke to top it all the female would tell the manager if you stop to talk to anyone it was unfair.

Pros

Having females in vans is a joke, due to the male driving up to 12hr none stop while the female slept

Cons

Driving for 12 hrs or more .they now got tracking to stop you stopping.

Good job if you can handle it

I loved this job, lots of hands on and a good squaddie mentality. Lots of waiting around but I just read Game of Thrones. You get very close to your colleagues. I loved the driving and days on the road with radio 2 but appreciate that isn't everyone's taste.

Pros

handcuffs

poor

Very poor Senior Management team very poor commutation to its staff and its welfare to the staff who are in danger of abuse and violence on a daily basics. Very little chance of promotion and to improve your self within Capita group. very poor training for the staff on the ground

working enviroment

Tascor is the most negative work place I had ever encountered. reason why every colleague of mine had been looking for a job, to the point where some of them were leaving without finding one. the company could not get staff to be interested in management, they are taking whoever could not do DCO job. staff welfare is not on the menu. managers use double standard to deal with daily incident...

Pros

Cons

everything about it is a con

negative. negative, negative

I will try not to be as negative... Tascor is the most negative work place I have ever encountered. reason why every colleague of mine is looking for a job. to the point where some of them are leaving without finding one. the company could not get staff to be interested in management, they are taking whoever could not do DCO job. staff welfare is not on the menu. managers use double standard to deal with daily incident... stay away.. stay away .. stay away

Pros

good for mucking about and not learning anything

Cons

destroys your will

Shocking

The worst company to work for. Management break the law often. Decent employees are always bullied and intimidated. Corruption is rife. The favorates commit fraud but that's ok with management. Terrible place to work with some shocking examples of management to boot. Stay away if you value your self worth!!

Pros

Cons

Far too many to list

A reactive company

Not what you know but who you know. Your face needs to fit. Be prepared to be a puppet. If you cut the strings, you'll soon be cut too. There's a need to ensure you cover your back. Too often you shake a hand and the other sticks the knife in.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

You are just a bum on a seat

Sadly lacking

If you wish to be underpaid/valued for the level of responsibility & what is expected from you, then go & work for this company. More concerned with pleasing their employer, than what impact it will have on staff.

Pros

Cons

Too numerous

Not as bad as they say!

I have been in the business now for 16 years...so it can’t be that bad, and there are a lot of other long standing employees. Yes hours can be long and as you would expect with any company, it’s not perfect. However, if you are not one that moans at any old thing just because your a moaner, then generally work is good. If you have a genuine problem or gripe you will be listened to. The job itself can be demanding but that is the nature of the industry (the same as working in any custodial or similar role). On a personal level, the company has been very good to me. They have offered support when needed and without question. They have offered me extensive training which I accepted, and have now gained some excellent qualifications as a result. Yes, we would all like more pay but the salaries aren’t that bad. After all, the people who are moaning about them in these reviews knew what the salaries were when accepting the job! I’m not professing they are the best company in the world. However, I would take the time to find out yourself rather than listening to lots of disgruntled ex-employees who find it easier to moan about the company.

Favouritism and bullying is rife

A really interesting job in the main ...however long hours and very poor pay make for a very unattractive career. Management is dismal no support and the brain cells of newts. Bullying is rife with favouritism the norm if your face doesnt fit you will be made suffer. The Company policies are laughable and the concept of the job compared to reality.... worlds apart. Avoid this company like the plague....you will thank me later !

Pros

Cons

Too many to mention

Not Competent enough to be called useless

the only advice i can give is stay away, good people managed by morons.you lose IQ points every time you talk to a manager. I was based at the Glasgow depot. the hardest part of the job was not chaining the management to the back of the vans and dragging them down the M74. we had A manager A lex A fud

Pros

Cons

everything about it is a con

If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

OK. The problems start at the Recruitment phase. To many applicants are excepted who are clearly not up to the job, and to be fair to them what your really getting into isn't totally explained. Its longs hours by natural of the job, you just cant say well its 5pm Im off when you still have a detainee in custody. By nature of the job you are at times going to be assulted so if thats not for you man up or dont do it. Your not going to be molly cuddled and the job comes with a massive amount of responsibility and yes the money isn't great but nor is are collegues in HMP getting well paid either. If your ex Mil your love the job. If you just want to take selfies for FB with your cuffs then your in for a hard time. A lot of DCO's in my opinion need a proper attitude ajustment and learn how to use an iron. Communication skills is a big must. There is alot of pressure on DCO and Management set by powers much higher but most cant see or dont understand the bigger picture.

Pros

Promotion, every day is different.

Cons

Not for someone who wants an easy life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tascor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2

2.1Job security/advancement
  • Tascor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?