Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews

United Kingdom250 reviews

Found 250 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,707 reviews

Ok ok

Salary increment is very minimal and your growth depends on your manager.Even you work for longer hrs , but still you will be hardly be given recognition.

Interesting role

This was a great place to work.A varied role from applying for work permits to visiting Embassies for passport visas.The people were very nice and supportive.

Pros

Varied

Cons

Could be paid more

Insights into Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energising work tasks
  • Support from manager

Awful

Wage is awfulEnvironment is awfulNo support No morals Negative Constant pay issues Lack of training Management have given up, you are just a number to them not a person.If you value your health this isn’t the job for you

Awful workplace

Workplace that makes you feel worthless. People are moved around without any consideration or heads up. No work/ home life balance. Management seems to have given up.

Awful

DONT work here avoid at all costs. Management are very insensitive and don’t care for you at all unless it’s about the company. Job gets you down massively. Office is a horrible environment like being in high school with the amount of gossip and drama. Customers are horrible and you have unreachable targets for sales and calls which the managers get on your back for if you don’t reach. Overall just don’t work here unless you want to hate your job and be down about coming to work each day.

Pressure, patronising managers, on your back all the time

Would not recommend. Not what I signed up for. Longer hours than stated. Depressing dark office. Okay for a short term job to fill a gap etc but never long term

Good for learning but bad for progression

Employee assessment is poor as managers act like boss and don't value employees.No skip level escalation to report employee issues.Employee doesn't have much voice.

Good company to work with

Very good if you get an onsite apportunity... I am lucky to have a good managers.. All depends on project you will join. Overall good experience for me... Had provided lot of opportunities...

Pros

Onsite opportunities

Cons

Salary

Nice place to work

Good place to work. Nice career opportunities with number of internal training.Good payJob security is goodPaid over than current average over the place I work for

Worst place I’ve ever worked

Started this job in 2020 after leaving my job looking for full time work. I thought that this would be a somewhat decent place to work but it was far from it. You’re taking calls back to back with no time in between. This would be fine if the customers you were getting were somewhat nice but 80% of the customer are shouting at you. Not enough pay for what you actually deal with. Managers are constantly monitoring you and telling you what you’re doing wrong with no praise. Even though it says it’s a customer service job, it may as well be a sales one because that’s all the managers care about. You’re set targets for sales on boiler and appliance cover which are unrealistic considering most customers are wanting to leave Scottish power. Avoid at all costs. The fact that there are 10+ jobs going on here just says it all really everyone leaves before their gradbay finishes because the job is falsely advertised.

Pros

On-site canteen. Full time hours. Bonus.

Cons

Managers. The company in general.

Stressful work culture

Not a great place to work! Your skillset is not utilised efficiently. Many of the managers and higher management staff are not qualified and fit for their roles. Job security is good but pay and work life balance is poor.

Pros

Lot of projects and clients

Cons

Long hours, low salary

Productive and Nice Management

I have spent almost 6.5 years in TCS and If I start talk about the good side then it will take long time to finish. In short, I can say that it is one of the good IT industry I ever came across. All people are are work as team to achieve something big, they always not look for the goal rather they believe in something which can grow in the future, which makes customer happy. You will always get motivation and support from your senior management to grow in your career path and entire organisation work and performance structure is build based this truth. People get all support to grow in their personal believe and thought.

Pros

Medical Benefits, On-site Opportunity, Many learning program to increase your salary

Cons

Job Work-Life balance, over commitment to customer

Dont Bother

Awful place to work. Pitiful salary to do a job that is really stressful, you will spend all day sat in a dark, depressing office, answering call after call after call from mostly angry customers. You do not even get time to have a conversation with the people sat near you, the whole time I worked there I barely knew anyone's names because I could never speak to them. Everything is timed, you only get 2 minutes in between calls, which isn't even enough time to write up your notes. You only get 10 minutes a day to go to the toilet. As soon as you go even one second over the time limit then you get an instant angry email, threatening to give you a formal warning. You can go 10 minutes down the road and get a much easier customer service/call agent job that will pay a lot more money. When I left (5 months into the job), I was the only person left out of a group of 25 people who joined.... I think that speaks for itself.

Pros

Literally none

Cons

Productive and fun place to work

Productive and fun place to work, Lots of learning and diverse environment, Able to work with most of the industry and latest technologies which will help us in our career

Pros

Udemy, Linkedin Learning, Health Insurance

Cons

Long hours, less appreciation

Excellent place to work

Pros - Excellent Learning and Growth Opportunities, Job Security is perfect as they hire to retire, Good Projects and Great work experience, Best work life balance. Cons - A little setback for ambitious people or aspirational employee as process treats everyone equal. Leadership has to improve technically and need to respect and promote those who posses great modern skills

Awful

do NOT work for this company! management are awful, the company only care about covering their own back and are not supportive of their employees. 25 people started with me, to the best of my knowledge only 3 remain.

Overall very good company to work with

Work life balance is very good company to work with and also we have very good management who always support your aspirations for your goals and achievement.

Workplace with a lot of opportunity

TCS has given me flexibility to experience different functions. My managers have been mentors and guided me in my career. There is always encouragement to learn and ample avenues to upskill and and re-skill. All the teams I have worked so far have been collaborated and supportive. Many of my team-mates are family now :)

Relaxed workspace based on project

Dream place to work for any new comers and experienced associates. Workplace culture depends on the project and the manger you are reporting, I suppose its the same in any consulting and servicing companies.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Work time

Employed as lead recruiter for TCS Warrington, great place to work, strict targets but enjoyable. Good management team, of course salary on offer could be increased but this is the same for all outsourcers. Overall enjoyable time here at TCS Warrington for the years years I was employed here

Pros

Decent salary, great culture, good teamwork

Cons

stressful at times

Good place to work if you don't care what you do for work

Good to start with as it is interesting learning to things and getting to know other agents but after a while you just become another employee, strong feeling of being expendable. Management will look for anyway for you to work back time they say you owe or simply deduct it from your pay. No advancement within the company unless close to the management

Pros

Good team spirit between agents

Cons

Long hours for minimum wage and no recognition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) with

• Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)