Tate & Lyle

Tate & Lyle Employee Reviews

Tate & Lyle is very focused on finance/accounting and product management roles. The office is in a good location, but it's a very quiet, serious environment. It seems like employees are there to clock in and clock out.
Pros
Location, decent salaries
Cons
Dull office environment
Dreadful working environment. Pressure put on to bottom level staff at all times and passed down the chain of command. No empathy or care for employees. Clueless management.
Cons
Overall not a bad company. Management is typical, they squeeze every bit they can out of staff. Work life balance can be very poor. Swing shift in general is tough for a family. Benefits keep falling behind to comparable companies in area.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Benefits/swing shift
Tate and Lyle. Are the most easy and hard working group off people I’ve ever worked with. It does Exactly what it says on the tin and each working is not all himself or herself. If you wanted to switch shift it’s never been a problem.
Cons
There’s always a chance to learn something new in order to advance. I enjoyed working for them. There’s not much else to say I had no complaints no disadvantages and no problems.
Very safety minded company. Often reminded by management that everyone has a stop work authority. And often rewarded for working safely. Always trying to find safest way.
Great, friendly place to work. I enjoyed my time there, everyone in the building are very nice and work hours are flexible. The area is nice too, worth working there.
Unfortunately not all engineers make great managers. They have made it a general rule to only promote engineers to management positions, and they don't have the skillset to properly manage people. Most of them have no experience managing people or management-specific education, and it shows. They pay is fair, but its a terrible 24/7/365 day/night swing shift, which gives no change at a normal family life.
Pros
Straight Salary
Cons
Poor management and HR department, swing shift
Pay & benefitsPay is decent but benefits are horrible especially health insurance.ManagementIn general, managers at Tate & Lyle are horrible. No help at all. I could do better and I was there only 2 months.OverallMy experience working at Tate & Lyle was horrible
Lots of down sizing T&l Lots of title changes with increased responsibility without increased compensation. Poor manager support but good peer interaction
Pros
Good place to start a career
Cons
Poor compensation and manager support.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tate & Lyle?
Good people in management but only a few deserved the positions. More training was needed in the job. Pay was not great but co workers were some of best people I’ve ever met.
Pros
Good people, great safety incentives
Cons
Poor pay, incorrect managers
Facilities short handed and poorly maintained equipment. More work to do than time or people available to do so. Everyone looking to pass blame to someone else.
Pros
its a job
Cons
management, equipment, workload, hours
12 hour rotating shifts three on three off and forced overtime if you don’t have 20 years in normal shifts 5a-5p then switch to nights will work more hours if another employs calls in
The company pay is off the charts they really take care of they employee to make the 12 hour shift go by quick. I enjoy my coworkers we always work as a team.
Truly global business cohesed around a core purpose of 'making lives better', making innovative products for a very broad client base. Great vision, strong leadership, it's going places.
I would have stayed if It had been 4yrs sooner. My business and home life took priority over my new job there. But now I realize I should have stayed and made it work.
Gran empresa para laborar. Excelentes valores y personas increibles. Se preocupan mucho por el bienestar de los empleados y sus clientes.
The work is extensive and can be hard on the body. Takes a certain amount of skill and common sense to remain safe while making in the moment best decisions
It was a very good company to work. They was Great people. There was good benefits. Nice caring safety . They always made sure there employee's was taken care of.
Awful bullying leadership. Sexist and abusive nature of main boss a disgrace to management. Overbearing and nasty overall. Spoilt an otherwise good company
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Bad boss
Have to be proactive to survive at this company. You need to use your work experience to your advantage. You could not always depend on someone to show you what to do.
  1. Employee reviews