TAVISTOCK AND PORTMAN NHS FOUNDATION TRUST

TAVISTOCK AND PORTMAN NHS FOUNDATION TRUST Employee Reviews for Data Consultant

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 6 reviews

Nice to work with, but very demanding

Provided help by creating an auditing system to manage On-Calls and visualise the statistics. Can't comment on the daily jobs of doctors and health staff and admin that work there, however my experience was pretty straight forward. I consulted with the SpR Psychiatry doctors to help develop a system to help track their on-call data as it has become a very tough workload on top of their training. I met with several members but dealt with the team rep for the most part. Communication was great, however feedback was often a little confusing and required a lot of back and forth. This probably reflects the diversity of interests held by even different people within the same levels. The hardest part was to extract the requirements and simplify them for their day to day use. But a little more communication and examples helped a lot. The most enjoyable part was seeing the effect and uptake of the system once its value was understood with respect to the ability to report and even negotiate doctor contracts with the data. The work culture seemed very much about surviving the work load, the health system is under strain and anything that can help them is a relief, but this translates to a reluctance to change things as it demands more energy. The few I met were very driven people with a passion for what they do, albeit despite the hardships of enduring the slog of their job. The rep was fantastic to deal with.

Pros

Generally passionate people

Cons

Change is hard with so few resources

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TAVISTOCK AND PORTMAN NHS FOUNDATION TRUST?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAVISTOCK AND PORTMAN NHS FOUNDATION TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5