Taylor Wimpey

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Good company generally

Overall Taylor Wimpey are a good company to work for if you are in the right department. They have some really good people who are friendly and helpful . One thing that is not fair is the pay difference between colleagues that are doing the same job as you. The manager shows favoritism to certain staff, and seems that the less you do and the more you suck up to them the more you will be thought of.

Pros

Good benifets

Cons

Unfair pay structure

Would not recommend, they don't value people...

Would not recommend, they don't value people... Will use and dump after they don't need you any more. Managers will lie in your face and act as if nothing is going on and one day you will be out of job with no warning.

Pros

Cons

Absurd management.

Good and bad

Guys I worked with were brilliant decent guys. As for the company they are run on lies and ignoring health and safety.Some of the staff getting a bonus while other staff doing the same job not!!!10 different trades working in a house during Covid!!!Site agents were professional liars

Pros

Good staff/team

Cons

Lies lies lies

Dont work for these ever!!

Rubbish company total let downs. Most managers are useless. Unorganised chaos and take whatever they can get from you. They will happily let the labourers do nothing all day then expect the forklift drivers do both jobs.

Clicky is an understatement

An ex army as manager and a weasel as an assistant manager, back stabbing, rude, no man management skills whatsoever, health and safety out the window and when an accident does happen they cover it up. Awful working conditions, as long as management are nice and cozy and safe , sod anyone else. Awful ......

Pros

Cons

Long hours, rude management

A job i suppose

Currently an apprentice bricklayer for taylor wimpey and initially we were promised the world by management, ie guaranteed job at end of apprenticeship, no labouring or being taken advantage of by tradesman, etc. Basically a pack of lies, as we now pretty much have no job at the end of the course, so granted, while we'll have a qualification by the end of the course, we won't have enough experience to earn a living out of it! There's some days where we literally labour all day or do any other mundane task that the self employed bricklayers can't be 'bothered' to do and a tutor who sometimes teaches us depending on what side of bed he woke up on! Management brush any issue we have under the carpet and are more obsessed with if we are having 34 seconds longer for break than we are entitled too! Yet all the while expecting us to give 1000% commitment to the job while not being able to guarantee us anything in return!

Pros

Better than dole!

Cons

Lots of hanging around, cheap labour, management who think they it all

Stressful job

I've been employed by an agency for 2 years even though I was ment to be taken on after 3 months they've just fobbed me off so I've had no holiday pay or overtime in 2 years.

Loved working for them,paid ok for what we had to do,company tried to look after you best they can.All training needed,was given…and long as work was done,nobody bothered you.

Pros

Good start and finish times, flexible, private healthcare

Cons

Excellent company to work for would strongly recommend TWL, great work flexibility. Staff and management work together as a team. Constantly updated with company objectives

The best place to work, frendly team, you can find all support from management staff

When start to work for TW I am so glad , I find frendly and proffesional team, really I was very satisfy. I think is the best company. I recommend .

Secure work

To work as a site operative you need to be energetic for the pace, fast thinking because the demand of the job changes quickly, have responsibility for the opening & closing of houses, fences & compound area. Having good comunication with all trades & management to no how the job is moving from day to day.

Pros

Freindy environment

Cons

Low salary

Really Great place to work

Production was a great department to be involved with and a fantastic team both above and below me biggest regret was being tempted away however I did choose to do the hours I worked

Pros

Well looked after

Cons

Could be long hours at times

Stress maximum

For Taylor Wimpey Directors , all workers it is just numbers and that numbers can do every day more , and more and more but don't ask about raise salaries because never they don't have money for salaries ! So employers humans need to be just robots doesn't matter families or private life ! All for Taylor Wimpey!😡

Pros

Uniforms

Cons

Not ready yet ?😡

Heavy workload but great company.

Loads of work due to rapid expansion, which h was hard to delegate. However my line manager was great, salaries are far and the perks (such as bonuses and discounts) are amazing. Ethical for a house builder too. I enjoyed working there and would recommend, but set your boundaries early.

Good company generally

Pros

Good benifets

Cons

Unfair pay structure

Productive professional workplace

Professional environment, working with a variety of colleagues with differing personalities. Interesting inter departmental relations. Exciting business with interesting developments.

Pros

Good office facilities

Cons

Long Hours

Funworkplace

Very good experience when i was doing my apprenticeship which gave me the knowledge to experience other types of brickwork .I worked for English heritage for 1year and worked on many listed and heritage building which talk me a different aspect of the building side .I spent many years abroad working all around Europe building hotels,restaurants, offices, etc.In my last ten years I have mainly worked on building houses and side and rear extensions from recommendations from recent work.

Pros

Quality workmanship

Cons

Good team work. Supportive management team. Enjoyable job role. Clean and comfortable head office. Training available whenever wanted. Great coworkers.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

Job security

New experience

Taylor wimpey was a good experience and thought me a few things on the other hand I wasnt quiet learning what I think I should have this is from working else where

Pros

Free lunches

Excellent house builder

Excellent resources and set up, geared up for high quality and fast pace building. Professional training and excellent career development. Would highly recommend.

No comments

Taylor Wimpey are very unfair I said to female silly girl she reported this and I was sacked they ignored my side of the story completely I begged and pleaded for my job but to no avail

Pros

Very good work environment

Cons

You have to be vigilant when talking to others incase you offend someone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taylor Wimpey. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Taylor Wimpey with