Teaching Personnel

Teaching Personnel Employee Reviews

United Kingdom348 reviews

teachingagencyplacementschoolconsultantrecruitmentrolesupply

Fun work placement

I been with teaching personal since April , and I work in a special needs school . It’s very challenging but also rewarding the same time . I am so glad that teaching personal found me this work place i absolutely love it there . The people r very welcoming and it’s nice to be apart of a fabulous team , so thanks again teaching personal.

Very good opportunities within the job and great progression

Good environment and great progression routes within the role. High level of coaching and training made available to you. Good team environment in the office.

Insights into Teaching Personnel

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great company

I have found Teaching Personnel to be one of the best agencies I have used. They listened to me with regards to where I wanted to work - not just putting me into placements that suited them. Communication has been great throughout and if I have any problems I am confident and comfortable to discuss this with them. Overall, highly recommended 👌

Great personal development and career progression

I have been with Teaching Personnel for over 5 years I cannot recommend them enough. There is continuous training and development as well as plenty of opportunities to progress. The office is a fun and competitive environment with everybody working hard as a team.

Excellent staff and efficient work environment.

All booking are made through a quick phone call where staff are always happy to help to respond to queries. The use of the Teaching Personnel app makes it easy in knowing where you will work which is very helpful. All bookings are also shown on the app with hours completed. The company pay in a weekly basis too and requests for availability are considered. Requests are considered by staff and they try to ensure that workers enjoy their time and are comfortable in where they are placed. Working with teaching personnel as a newly psychology graduate has enabled me flexibility and great experience working with children with special educational needs. This has broadened my understandings with working with these children and has catered to my area of interest. The variety of roles teaching personnel offers are diverse and can suit employers needs or interests. The company strive to ensure you enjoy your time which is a credit to the helpful staff working there.

Pros

Online App which helps manage bookings, access timeslots and view payslips

Productive and positive work setting

I started my journey with Teaching Personnel around the middle of January 2022. By the end of the month, I had applied for my DBS, my council registration, completed all my checks, done my interviews - which was relaxed, no pressure, I could just be myself and I had my first placement already in place. That was all in the space of 2 weeks.My work coach never had anyone as enthusiastic as myself and still to this date is really happy and enjoying every part of my job.I had daily phone calls with my work coach to see how my day got on.Before I knew it the school placement was thrilled to have me there, I had a block placement until Easter which again got extended until the summer holidays and have booked me back for Sepetember for the new school year.I wouldn't hesitate on giving anyone a referral as it's made me have so much more confidence and has given me the working hours I need for my children. I'm able to treat them weekly as we get paid every Friday.People get put off with agency work incase they may not get any work. That is not the case with Teaching Personnel. From my first day, I have always had work.Joining this company was the best move I made this year and I will forever be grateful for the opportunity they have given me.

Excellent company, very supportive!

I have had an excellent experience with Teaching Personnel. They have been very supportive in helping me settle in my new role and have been very accommodating to other commitments I have (university).

Highly supportive and efficient agency

I have been working with Teaching Personnel for over a year now and wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to anyone wanting to work in the education sector. Since joining they have consistently provided me with work as well as with feedback from the schools I have been to and from the outset I have found the wider team of consultants to be very professional, friendly and helpful. My personal recruitment consultant, in particular, has been extremely supportive and approachable and has always dealt promptly with any queries that I've had. My consultant has also been great at keeping in touch with me whether it's to discuss my availability or work preferences or whether it's just to catch up to see how things are going which is something I have really valued.Overall, my experience of working with Teaching Personnel has been fantastic!

Fab, helpful & friendly agency

Great agency! More than helpful, all my questions & worries we’re answered within a day! Going with an agency can be risky but definitely not with this one. Constant contact whilst getting cleared for work! Listened to what I wanted and placed me in a school perfect for me. And checked up to make sure all was going well. Can’t fault the company at all, no regrets here.

Pros

Helpful agency

Cons

Took a while to be cleared for work!

Excellent start point!

I joined TP in december of 2021 and it has really helped me find my belonging! I am now contracted to a welsh medium school but TP and the qoman who managed me helped me get here. They listened to my needs at the time an found a suitable school and environment to work in and have also helped me massively improve my welsh communication skills! The only downfall with this work space is youre expected to take you holiday pay out you own check and nothing is mentioned about sick pay.I would still highly recommend this companh as a start point before diving in head first into a school contract and/ornif you have little to no experience!!

Great supportive agency

I’m happy to have a supportive agency that found a very local school almost immediately after I started with Teaching personnel. They’ve helped me throughout the year with any questions regarding pay or job changes.

Pros

A gift of chocolates at Christmas!

First Class Agency

I have been in continual employment with this agency for several years. During that time I have had full support and access to the local branch. If I ring with a query and they do not answer , you will always get a return call before days end. They are 100% committed to you and will find you a role which best suits your needs.I have worked for other agencies but find Teaching Personnel to be honest and open and have your best interest at heart.If you see a job advertised by them , have a look and phone them for advice if necessary.You will not regret it!

Flexible place to work

Teaching Personnel has been great whilst I have been studying in University as it is so flexible. I have thoroughly enjoy working in the school I was placed at and it has helped me gain the experience I need to pursue in my career.

Pros

Free lunches, relaxed work wear

Cons

Not great salary

Great placements, very accommodating, lovely staff

Working for teaching personnel for over a year now and I have found it awesome. They were/are very accommodating with my work, life balance, being able to find placements that allow me to pursue my small business. To begin with they send you in to various schools and through that find the ideal placement for you. This may be long term or short term which ever you prefer. Staff are friendly and are readily available when need to talk.

Poor pay, pay is consistently wrong

The pay is often wrong and really low paid. When paid wrong this is not sorted. Don’t listen to your preferences. Took long to get work, just kept being given free trial days.

17 June 2022
Thank you for your review and we appreciate your comments.Please could you email me on customercare@teachingpersonnel.com so that I can look into this for you.Thank youKind RegardsJo (Head Office)

don't do it to yourself

hard, horrible, unfair, ripping schools and teachers off as much as possible for a selfish bonus that the government taxes anyway. Would not recommend.

Pros

bonus

Cons

ripping teachers and schools off

17 June 2022
I am sorry to read your review but we welcome all comments.We would welcome further communication about your experience if you wouldn't mind emailing segpeople@supportingeducation.comThank youKind RegardsJo (Head Office)

Does what is says on the tin

If you are a qualified teacher looking for extra work or a teaching job that lets you leave at the end of the day with no extra responsibilities, than Teaching Personnel is as good as any to work for. Daily paid rate is not great in comparison to what the schools are actually charged, but is in line with the rate of pay at any supply agency.

20 May 2022
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comment. Good luck with your new venture.Kind RegardsJo (Head Office)

Fun workplace

The agency team are so supportive in finding you work, as well as always there for advice. Would definitely recommend to anyone plus there are so many perks!

13 May 2022
Great to see that Teaching Personnel is such a fun company to work for.We also offer a "refer a friend" bonus if you have friends and colleagues that would like to join us.Kind RegardsJo (Head Office)

Lots of work available; treated with respect.

Teaching Personnel have always found me plenty of work but have also been understanding when I wanted to take a break, unlike some agencies which can apply too much pressure.

13 May 2022
Thank you for your review. Teaching Personnel are proud to be a respectful and supportive agency.Kind RegardsJo (Head office)

Great supportive agency

Always able to contact members of staff through email or on the phone to discuss things. Supportive in finding work that is suited for you e.g whether that be closer to home. Recommend this teaching agency.

13 May 2022
Thank you for your recommendation of Teaching Personnel. Nice to see that TP have been so supportive.Kind RegardsJo (Head Office)

Good company

Interview process was quick, good communication from agency. Lots of work offered and able to be flexible. Pay is always correct and on time, easy payslip and timeshares all on an app

13 May 2022
Thank you for your great review. We appreciate your lovely comments.Kind RegardsJo (head Office)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teaching Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Teaching Personnel with

• Teaching Personnel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?