Teaching Personnel

Teaching Personnel Employee Reviews

My local office always makes regular check-ins in on how I am..how I feel and what is happening in school, looking out for my welfare and employment requirements.
Pros
Work when you want to, ..and they do their best to get you work every day.
Cons
Hourly rate could be better as you don't get paid during school holidays
19 February 2021
Hi,Thank you for your lovely review. So nice to see that Teaching Personnel have been in contact with you regularly during school closures.Kind regardsJo(Head Office)
I thought when I first started this job would be amazing. Oh I was wrong. Once I got a position I was never contacted for a catch up, until they said they didn’t have a position for me anymore. I was paying emergency tax the whole time I was working here, I also missed a few payments due to lack of communication. I do not recommend working here. AWFULThey also have just terminated my employment because they new I was looking else where for work whilst with them. ( which most people do)
Pros
Nothinf
Cons
After applying to a number of Teaching Agencies last year, Teaching Personnel was the agency that I wanted to work for more than any of the others. The people I spoke with during my application were professional, friendly and helpful and my application was processed quickly. The work itself is fun, engaging and fulfilling.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Have to be up early in case of a call about a work opportunity that day
19 February 2021
Hi,Thank you for your lovely review but sorry that you have to get up so early :-)Kind RegardsJo(Head Office)
I have been made to feel welcome . Given opportunities. I have been provided with regular work and opportunities. I have taught in various schools and found a healthy and respectful ear and empathy and advise offered from those in management.
Pros
Regular work .
Cons
Schools closed, only small furlough payments due to new rules.
Joined Teaching Personnel in October 2020 after leaving University, and so far have really enjoyed my time working for the Company. Before working with TP I had no formal qualifications to teach, but it was a job that I was really interested in and wanted to explore which TP has really helped and allowed me to do. Placements offered have a wide range of short tasks lasting from several hours to half and full day roles, and there is a great deal of value given to the flexibility between work and home life. Members like myself can easily update on their TP work diary when they are available to work and what times they can cover, meaning you can work whatever dates and times would be best for you. Tasks I have taken part in so far include a Lunch Time Supervisor role (making sure students are safe within Canteen areas), working with SEN young people getting to know routines and practices and helping with classroom activities, caretaker duties, and acting as a Cover Supervisor in the classroom when teachers are not available.Schools that I have worked in so far have been really enjoyable with excellent teachers and approachable staff, and managers from my TP Branch have remained in contact throughout placements to make sure everything is running smoothly, to offer support and help if needed, and to give feedback from the schools on my progress which has been really helpful. TP has given me really good opportunities to develop my skills in teaching and managing students within schools, and to be able to advance my CV for future opportunities like covering classroom sessions - more...
Pros
Flexible working patterns, variety in roles offered, opportunities to advance
19 February 2021
Hi,What a lovely review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on here.Kind RegardsJo(Head Office)
I have had both Cover Supervising and Teaching Assistant opportunities through Teaching Personnel. The agents are very friendly and communicate well to keep you updated with current and future opportunities. I have had both short and long term bookings mainly in secondary schools locally to me. I have enjoyed working in each school I have been placed in. I feel listened to by the agency and they are understanding should I need to have some time off for other commitments. I decided to work in schools through an agency to gain some experience before going to study for a PGCE. Teaching Personnel were encouraging about this and were flexible when it came to attending interviews. Overall I would highly recommend working for this agency!
Pros
Friendly agents, good school placements.
Cons
Pay is low
19 February 2021
Hi,Thank you for your lovely review. I hope you have now decided to register for your PGCE qualifications. It is great to see that the Newport branch have been supportive with your career development.Kind RegardsJo(Head Office)
I signed up with Teaching Personel and it was less than a week later that I got my first work placement. The staff are very supportive and friendly. Pay is fair and just a great company
Pros
Choose your own work hours
Cons
Changing schools is not for everyone
12 February 2021
Hi,Thank you for your lovely review. It is great to see that Teaching Personnel have helped you with your first work placement.Kind RegardsJo(Head Office)
I found working for teaching personnel an excellent opportunity for growth. I worked in a few different settings and this had enabled me to apply for a permanent position working with 16 to 24 year olds. I was never out of work. Communication with my advisor was fantastic.
Pros
Consistent work
5 February 2021
What a lovely review - Thank you.I am pleased to see that Teaching Personnel has been helpful with your career progression.Good luck in your new role!Kind RegardsJo(Head Office)
If just want to be an assistant or full time teacher this is the perfect foot in door. The agency will place you in different schools with different age groups or special educational needs schools. Very challenging but rewarding work. You can specify what type of school. Work on a zero hours flexible contract. You give them your availability weekly so work when you want. If a school likes you and you like them can end up in one place with progressing to work full time and transfer to a salary. Also can put on courses with discounts to further qualifications. There is a high demand so always work available.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
can be in a different school every day or week sometimes, So don’t form relationships with staff and children.
29 January 2021
Hi,Thank you for your lovely review!Kind RegardsJo(Head Office)
Good for a short amount of time for example 12 months. No career advancement. No pay increase. Only good to gain basic teaching experience. No good if you are over 40 as schools only want young fully qualified teachers with post graduate qualifications.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
No career advancement. No increase in minimum wage until requested after two years
8 January 2021
Hi,Thank you for your review, we appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know about your experience in order to help improve our service.If you would like to discuss this further, please get in touch via customercare@teachingpersonnel.comKind RegardsJo(Head Office)
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Teaching Personnel?
The primary team have been excellent to work with at Preston and Charlotte settled me in easily and is so helpful. They are friendly, polite, honest and committed. They are hard working and reliable. There is a good atmosphere with the TP team and it is evidently a well run supply agency. There is no filling in of endless time-sheets and you can concentrate on the teaching.In a typical day you are called early and quickly sent over lots of relevant details.You are then allowed to teach but are fully supported should you need this. The hardest part is the uncertainty of short notice calls but the most enjoyable is working with many different children in lots of different schools.I learned having experience other agencies that this agency is extremely well run.
Pros
No Time sheets
Cons
Na/
8 January 2021
Hi,Thank you for such a lovely and comprehensive review.It is great to read that the Lancashire Primary Branch have been so supportive while working with Teaching Personnel - I will certainly pass these comments on to them.Kind RegardsJo(Head Office)
I have been working with Teaching Personnel for many years and am completely satisfied with the service I receive. I would definitely recommend working with them.
18 December 2020
Hi,Thank you for your great review - I will pass this onto the Tames Valley staff too.Kind RegardsJo(Head Office)
I have found working for TP, a very positive experience. I had varied and regular work, which has led to a years contract.Although pay could be a tad more generous, communication is excellent, so I would highly recommend.
Pros
Very prompt at being in touch.
Cons
None.
18 December 2020
Hi,Thank you for your lovely review and good luck with your new contract!Kind RegardsJo(Head Office)
The only company that I work for that made me feel supported and important. I love to work for the company as there is always a friendly support in the other side of the line and courses to chose from. Also, the Company took seriously the safeguarding of its staff by registering them in the furlough. I am immensely greatful for that.
Pros
Support
Cons
Not always close to location
18 December 2020
Hi,Thank you for such an appreciative review. It is lovely to see that Teaching Personnel can be so supportive in these difficult times.Kind regardsJo(Head Office)
I have been working for TP as s part time cover supply assistant after I retired as a CAMHS clinician.I would recommend this organisation to other professionals looking for employment due to their supportive and professional ethos which was especially evident during these very difficult and challenging times, which included appropriate furlough payments.
Pros
Consultant transparency.
Cons
Pay rate could be higher
18 December 2020
Thank you for your lovely review.I am pleased to read that Teaching Personnel have been supportive this year during the Covid pandemic.Kind RegardsJo(Head Office)
Was supposed to have a telephone interview for a SEND job today. 1 hour after the time and no phone call, I emailed to say I was not happy they had not rang. My father has dementia so I had to get this afternoon covered to take the call.I got an email back saying sorry they had a problem in the office and did they want to ring me in 5 minutes.Absolutely not! If any agency can't get their act together and be punctual and professional then I do not want to work for them. Period.
Pros
Don't know
Cons
Read the review!
I like the jobs this is the fantastic jobs in world everybody like this jobs because the jobs is good for all and everyone like help kids with this work I will like to help
Pros
Bring lunch or some time order in school
Cons
4 hours
Awful and humiliating not much more needs to be said really. Staff flit around between agencies sharing stories and your contact details. You are basically a product for sale and the staff there are very hungry to sell you for their next holiday/commission/Christmas bonus. Thing is though, that is also how the higher management see those on the shop floor. A wretched sign of the times. Watch:’I Daniel Blake’ or ‘Sorry We Missed You.’ This company is a sign of the times. They forgot the basic bible message: ‘Treat others the way you yourself would like to be treated’. From experience all teaching agencies are the same, they’d sell their own grandmother’s.
Terrible agency. Very poor communication skills, also don’t help you look for what suits you. The pay is not great either. I’m getting paid more from other agencies. Very unhelpful staff. Some of my responses from them very rude. I wouldn’t recommend at all
Pros
Cons
Rubbish pay, rude staff, lack of communication
11 September 2020
Hi,Thank you for your review. We welcome all comments to help improve our service.I am sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience working with Teaching Personnel. Please could you email further details to me via customercare@teachingpersonnel.com so that I can look into this for you.Thank youJo(Head office)
During he global Pandemic work has been at a premium with many people paid off or furloughed...I was worried...TP instituted a very good online teaching platform [ Bramble] and set us up with our own site. Despite lockdown- I have been very busy with a lot of my work coming from TP. They are willing to think 'outside the box' and get the job done. e.g. I live in Nottingham but for 3 months I taught students [online] in Haringuay, London. I am pleased that they can find me appropriate work. The work is reasonably paid - my one gripe is they don't really pay for travel - which outside of global pandemics can be substantial.... But on the whole I get regular work which I'm plesaed with. Staff are also generally very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Wide range of work offered
Cons
Watch out for the details...don't work on days when it hasnt been cleared-you wont be paid!
2 October 2020
Hi,What a lovely review - Thank you.We are expecting even more work to be available for tutors this term.Kind RegardsJo(Head office)
Very professional and organised company. They are always happy to help their employees and nothing is too much trouble. Plenty of work available. All staff approachable and friendly. One of the best agencies I've worked for. Sad to leave this company.
Pros
Excellent communication
17 August 2020
Thank you for your great review.Kind RegardsJo(Head Office)
  1. Employee reviews