Tech Mahindra

Tech Mahindra Employee Reviews

United Kingdom119 reviews

Found 119 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,383 reviews

Unorganized

Fun environment to work in however the management wasn’t great, the hours are long as sometimes you have to work on weekends, however the office and the culture was great, easily get along with colleagues and make friends.

Pros

Fantastic work culture

Cons

Long hours And unorganized

Unorganised!

Very Unorganised and no clear route for progression. No communication from senior staff and they change the rota on a weekly basis. Half the advisors also don’t have systems

Pros

Friendly work colleagues

Insights into Tech Mahindra

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

A typical call centre

-Too many expectations -New requirements and targets everyday-Horrible HR team-No progress-Management doesn’t know what they’re doing-Targets exceeding everyday

Not a good place to work

The training in no way prepares you for the role in any way shape or form. There is little to no feedback on how you're doing and the system for bonuses is difficult if not impossible for call center agents to get. They hire you as a technical advisor but you often end up in roles like customer service instead. You don't get paid for any overtime you do but are expected to do it if a call over runs. QA don't treat you well and HR will flat out ignore you. Complaints refuse to help unless there's a resolution that you can give, which only upsets customers more. Only positive is some of the other agents and a few of the team leaders. Most people quit fairly quickly after training and those that don't are fairly miserable.

About

Promised allot of things but didn’t deliver on promises. Still waiting on my last wages from them. They hire anyone and everyone to do jobs such as managerial roles.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Management and organisation

Stressfull

Stressfull , no organisation, the good part is that people are actually very nice and it is a multicultural environment which is a really interesting environment.

Constant Challenge

If you’re one of the lucky ones to get paid correctly I’m sure it’s a great place to work. Constant moving of the goal posts when it comes to work expectations. It’s definitely who you know rather than what you know. If you’re in the clique you’ll go far. They allow, protect and award bad behaviour from management.

Stressful and anxiety inducing

A typical day at work involved turning up at least 15 minutes early, because if you aren't logged in and in ready by 9AM sharp, you can expect the disciplinary procedure to be kicked in. The mismanagement by both Tech M and its client makes the day stressful. You can expect to deal with many calls regarding issues that just would not happen in a properly managed company. If you require an eye test, which the company must provide if you use a screen for more than 1 hour continuously, you can expect to be lied to with the phrase "We are just waiting for them to come in at the moment, we will tell you when we have them". This went on for several months before I chose to leave.

Pros

Fun work place! - everyone is bubbly and happy

Loved every second here - unfortunately had to leave as I got offered a better paying job would definitely recommend working here absolute vibes and work is easy and chilled out ♥️

It's alright

It's ok. The offices are very nice and the canteen is very good with nice view over the city. One pound breakfast are a definite boon. It really is ok but not spectacular

Ok

Ok honestly because it was so laid and the job was easy but customers suffered the consequences in all its okcan say slot but don’t want to say to much

Pros

Not sure

Cons

Plenty

Depends on your client

Company doesn’t care once you are on a client Project. They don’t ask the employee about the project feedback. Rotation across project is difficult in the UK. Traditional way of working, No development opportunities and low salary hike.

Bad management no clear leadership

Bad management, over stretched TL’s, blame culture with a bad work life balance. People are nice, management team make promises and never follow through

Never in one job for long. Lack lustre training

Was trained on different jobs in 20 minutes and expected to know how everything worked!!! When asking for help people were belittled in front of everyone

Pros

Free coffee...and a laugh with colleagues

Don't bother working here

Never been treated or spoke to without any respect of anyone like they do here.Your taken on has a tech support then unskilled to another new product.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Rubbish pay for work you did

Brilliant

Atmosphere was brilliant everyone was very helpful and friendly. I had advanced quickly from a tech agent to a sme within 4 months of being with the company. Everyone is up to date and very knowledgable. Managers and team leaders are very supportive. Due to health issues I left my job to continue working in a similar role to work from home.

Pros

Staff and overall atmosphere

Average

People are nice, managers are helpful but the company is faraway from being organized. Been with the company for 7 months and still had no access to 5of the systems needed for the job. People being promoted without the adequate knowledge, managers no nothing about the products and services however they are very lovely and always here to help. But the lack of training and organizing makes this job extremely stressful.

Pros

Team leaders, coworkers, free coffee haha, nice office location

Cons

Long hours, small pay, stressful, lack of organization

Repetitive and Mind Numbing

My role was a technical support role for a broadband provider. Pros:During the initial training you feel well looked after and everyone is extremely friendly. The training gives you insight into how broadband works, helping you handle and manage calls.The company has three buildings on the quays and the two I worked in were attractive with good facilities.Great managers who were happy to help whenever I had an issue.Cons:The training while relevant to broadband did not teach us how to do the job. There was little training on systems and the first few days of calls were difficult while learning to navigate systems.However, this is when the job was probably most interesting. After a few weeks of call handling and navigating the systems the role started to get very repetitive and mind numbing. The sense of challenge was lost, especially as the main system tells you what questions to ask the customer and from these answers gives you the solution to fix the issue. You don't actually have to work anything out, as the systems tells you the issue and the solution. This is great when first learning the role but soon becomes frustrating, as you are not able to deviate from this system without manager permission. This is where I think most agents loose motivation as the job becomes a monotonous task. You are simply going through the motions and most energy is spent trying to calm a customer down.Also, the main system that provides you with the questions to ask is very long winded, sometimes sending you round in circles to get to a solution. Even if you knew the answer, -

Completely disorganised

Nothing in this company is organised. Personal information of the agents including mine was LOST after they sent it to India, which they didnt tell us they were doing. Staff regularly have no access to systems to do their jobs, sometimes weeks at a time. There is a negligent approach to covid regulations which isnt reported to us so we can get tested when exposed or to anyone else that needs to know. Scedules are constantly changed at short notice even for sundays. There is no communication or support from management. Stay away from this company.

Pros

Impossible to get fired from unless you do something serious.

Cons

Everything else

Not good

Some good individuals that train and help you and are nice but it is like a pot luck whether you get in a good team with a good manager. Some want to just talk to you like a baby. They don’t seem like they have enough staff and their not people to help you. Training is so long and boring and doesn’t show you what you need to do the job. All the time people leave. There are some horrible people they recruit who cause trouble and you don’t like to say anything.

Pros

You get paid for being in long training and some managers are good

Cons

You will have changes for no reason because their in a mess and sometimes no manager is there.

Completely unorganised, no communication

Please avoid this company at all costs.Firstly I applied for a Customer Services role, which for some reason specifically said "THIS IS NOT A TECHNICAL SUPPORT ROLE!!" in capital letters, only to find I was being trained as a Tech Support agentWhen I started everything seemed amazing, however this was only because our trainer was fantastic.After the first week or so, I noticed the company was extremely unorganised, changing plans last minute constantly(not an exaggeration)You are not cared about, the managers don't know what they're doing.They will fire you for the smallest things, for example, I was fired for failing a quiz, they only noticed I failed the quiz because I brought it to their attention.For a tech company, they have far too many tech issues.I left two weeks ago, my wage was delayed by a week, yet I'm still waiting to be paidPlease avoid this company at all costs

Pros

The job itself was easy

Cons

Management, no ventilation in offices, extrodinarily high turnover, they dont care about staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tech Mahindra. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Tech Mahindra with

• Tech Mahindra
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?