Telefonica UK

Telefonica UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom39 reviews

Very good place to work

The work-life balance is perfect to none. You are allowed to manage your time and workload without much interference. Too many courses to choose from to help your job growth.

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Red tape

Decent place to work but not for very long.

Not much room for progression. Everyone is trying to climb the same ladder and only favourites and friends of Management are picked to progress, not the best candidates as you would expect. Selling phones is easy and so is the job. Depending on your Manager you'll either love or hate this job.Pay was fairly rubbish considering the living wage in my area, but its an unskilled job so what can you expect really.

Pros

Not much to do, job is easy.

Cons

Disgruntled Customers, pay, management.

Do well get progression

I went in as an agency worker, smashed my targets which were bonus on a quarterly average of a taxable £500. If you get on the progression to management then don't consider a reduction in targets. You can't be progressed without the added pressure of hitting your target. I was expected to do management actions like, open the store, take in deliveries, safe management and close shift and stock rotation all of which, meant I was off the shop floor for hours at a time. I couldn't even sell some days because the amount of totes coming in with stock inside. When applying for other jobs that you are over qualified for within the telephonica umbrella they literally laughed in my face.

Pros

get to meet new people everyday as in customers, fun environment with music playing to demo new tech, Opportunities very rarely won to see shows at the o2 near you

Cons

no morale around apple launch, lack of understanding around mental health of staff

Nice

Nice place to work relaxed friendly environment and nice people.

Pros

Great phone contract

Cons

Based outside of Londo

I didn’t enjoy it

i Didn’t enjoy working there as there was a lot of pressure on people to perform to unrealistic stats that most people in the call centre couldn’t achieve

productive and fun workplace

Full-time salesperson for the multinational mobile network operator O2 Ltd, providing great customer service and meeting store set KPIs. My responsibilities included engaging with current and future customers and providing them with exceptional customer service by finding out their problems and solving them with the various products the business provided.

Telefonica

A fun and friendly environment to work in. Every day is different and challenging. It is a good place for collaboration and you have experience with working with a number of different organisations.

Excellent place to work

Telefonica have an excellent work environment which made going to work a real pleasure. With flexible working, an onsite canteen, phone shop and plenty of places to meet with colleagues, it really was a great place to work.

Pros

Subsidized canteen, flexible working, great location

Cons

Lots of processes

Day to Day demanding with little reward or recognition

Work life balance usually good as you can work from home however at busy times you are expected to work extreme hours (upwards of 15 hours a day) with no overtime paid or lieu given. In my position it is fun to work with senior stakeholders, however there are a lot more negatives than positives in working with the team.

Used to be great

I worked for O2 since the early days of BT Cellnet. It has slowly been going down hill for years since Telefonica bought it. Still a lot of great things about the company it's just not the same as it once was unfortunately. There are a lot of fundamental problems with the employee experience that I doubt will be fixed any time soon as the priority investment is focused on customer experience .

My view

Great ethical company and good to work for. My typical day was driving to customer site to install or trouble shoot equipment. The management was always interactive and kept us informed with regular updates. Also manager was available and helpful. Great workplace culture but as I was home based not involved too much. The greatest thing was that I was home based and was always trusted. They provided all the equipment to work from home. There was nothing I disliked about the company.

Pros

Great ethical company and good to work for.

Cons

An exciting place to work with great technology and lots of opportunites to gain more skills. I worked with some vet clever people and I am still friends with a number of them

Pros

Good all round company

Cons

Short term contracts

Hardwork but rewarding

They want you to sell and if you do you get rewarded. Get access to all the latest technology and training. Free airtime for employees and 60 friends and family discounts of 50%

Pros

Great Bonus, Merch from phone companies

Cons

Managers are the last voice, if you dont get on with them you will have problems.

Fun workplace

I really enjoyed my placement at Telefonica. Everyone is really friendly and fun and there are great opportunities for advancement. You also receive a lot of support from management.

Excellent Starter Job

Telefonica UK (O2) is a great place to work, the job is stimulating and relaxed and gives employees an opportunity to be themselves as part of a team. The only drawback with O2 is the limited chance for progression and whilst they house so many in house candidates that would be fantastic for advancement they choose outside hires who leave the business quickly as they realise they don't have the knowledge required to work efficiently within the company at a higher level.

Lovely work Culture

Telephonica is a very lovely company to work. The culture is very good, supportive and constructive. You have the opportunity to use your initiative in project driven processes. Every opinion is valued and appreciated. Very great team members. Working hours very flexible.

Pros

Home working

Improve improve

there is a lot of structure but benefits, awesome brand, great work life balance. contractors have a difficult time with notice period. Advice to Management Listen to the technical experts

Fun friendly great pag and benefits

Great place to work would recommend to anyone great benefits and very friendly, great opportunity to further career in the company and all round great place to eork

Sales Advisor

Not for weak people. You need to be emotionally tough to deal with customer. A very good brand on a cv however there are a lot of changes happened within the company.

Productive and fun workplace

An extremely opening and encouraging culture where encouraging and challenging ideas are encouraged. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues.

Very good

Good company to work for, nice people, good work life balance and a good site to work from, free parking and a good onsite eating facilities, good discount

Pros

good discount, parking

Cons

job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telefonica UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2