Telent

Telent Employee Reviews

The job role is fun as there is always something to do, there is a lot of self study involved when it comes to learning qualifications which can be quite tiresome but it is worth the time as its free.
Pros
-great career progression
Cons
-Apprenticeship course could have been handled better.
Our company vehicles have trackers, our mobile handheld devices have trackers and we now have a team of 'office numpties' also tracking whereabouts and scrutinising our completed worksheets. You will not be allowed to just get on with your job as you will be constantly watched and monitored all the time. Many good field staff have left or moved onto to better roles as they can no longer cope with the spying and lack of trust. If you value your sanity and wellbeing please avoid this awful and disrespectful organisation.
Pros
Was a great company under the leadership of our late CEO.
Cons
The new brand of leaders are destroying a once great company.
They are good at negotiating and winning new contracts because they undercut their competitors. However, this means their profit margins are low and there is never enough money to reward employees with pay rises. In the 8 years I worked here I received one small pay rise. The cost of living increased greatly each year but our wages didn't. I know of colleagues who skipped meals so that their kids could eat properly. telent don't care about the impact their actions have on their employees. They only care about the prestige of having high profile clients and contracts.
Pros
A good stepping stone company for better things once you leave.
Cons
You will struggle financially as pay rises are very rare.
I only stayed here for a few months but would like to share my personal experience. On my very first day the Receptionist was rude to me as I made a mistake and parked my car in the wrong place. HR were rubbish and gave me very little support as a new starter. The IT Team were rude and aggressive when I asked for help setting up my new mobile phone. Then I discovered to my dismay that my new colleagues were sneaky backstabbers who disliked each other and the management. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse I met the grumpy and whining Restaurant staff who didn't even have basic customer service skills. Thank goodness the cleaners were nice people.
Pros
The cleaning team were lovely people, always polite and friendly
Cons
A horrible company with lots of rude and angry people
I have been welcomed into a project team and supported with my learning. The training management has supported me in any changes I wanted to make to my on the job training. Other departments have been happy to help with my learning, offering rotations into other areas. My work is split between two offices so there was a lot of travel, but working flexible times to offered to account for it. The transition into working from home was handled well within my business division.
Pros
Supportive and friendly culture.
Cons
Potential for a lot of travel between different offices.
Good company to start your career. The management is great and they care about their employees. Good training opportunities and you are encouraged to develop as a professional. You learn new skills every day and no two days are the same. You will have deadlines to meet but that will be the case at every company. Overall, good experience but it's still early days.
Pros
good training opportunities, support from management
Cons
So far I have enjoyed my employment with telent. It has been varied and rewarding (received financial thank yous twice for doing a good job). Being able to operate and be tasked from home is very appealing.
Pros
Company car, laptop and phone. Good pension scheme.
Cons
None to think of.
Telent are a good company to learn, also they pay not bad for someone who is starting out and wanting to learn new skills, there very patient and helpful when it comes to training new engineers. Downside, after you've learnt and developed the required skills, its not easy to progress unless your tight with management. Basically you could be there for 15 years, someone could be there for 1 year with less skills than you and be promoted to your manager in your face, this is not what I've heard it's what I've seen.I speak for the rail department, different departments have different managements and are almost like a different company within the company.But overall I am very thankful for Telent as I would not be where I am today without them.
I have been with Telent for 10 months now and I have really enjoyed working here. Everyone, including senior management, are very friendly and supportive. It’s such a great place to work!
Pros
Great work environment and training
Cons
None yet
I worked for Infrastructure Services for 7 years and left in 2019. I had a national role so dealt with teams in Basildon, Chorley and Warwick. My colleagues and I witnessed and experienced racism, ageism, sexism and a lot of nepotism. We were bullied, told off and spoken down to on a regular basis. This become normal and acceptable behaviour by our Regional Directors, Senior Project Managers, Programme Managers, Support Managers, Supplier Managers and especially the Team Leaders. A massive fear factor was created within the business. I left this company 12 months ago but I am still traumatized. It definitely affected my confidence and belief in myself which only now I am regaining with the help of my amazing new employer. telent should be ashamed of itself for not doing more to protect its long suffering employees. People's mental health and well being is damaged. It can take months even years to recover and I am proof of that.
Pros
Good training courses and the pay was great.
Cons
A very weak HR Team who allow some shocking behaviours....
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Telent?
Back biting and disrespect has become normal behavior in this company. It has been 12 months since we lost our much loved former CEO and things just aren't same. He would be so upset if he could see what is happening to his beloved company. Staff have become complacent and aren't willing to help each other anymore. We have horrible managers, directors and HR department. Please spare your self the disappointment and do not apply for a job at telent.
Pros
Sorry but I am too disappointed and let down to mention any.
Cons
Horrible managers, directors and HR department
I have worked here for over 10 years and this was once a great company to work for. I was very really proud to say that was part of telent. However, in the last 12 months in particular something has been lost. We have a new breed of leaders/managers/directors who have created mistrust and divisions. If you are not part of a gang or a select elite few, you are overlooked and treated as outsiders. Many colleagues have not been pulling their weight whilst working from home during lockdown. It takes much longer now to achieve anything which is frustrating as I have demanding clients to answer to.
Pros
I have stayed for 10 years as this used to be a great place to work.
Cons
The new breed of leaders/managers/directors are destroying this company.
Been working for Telent for 6 years now and I still enjoy everyday as I did the first day I started. Management are always happy to help and support you. Telent has a great culture which to me makes this company a great place to work. I started of as a CSO and have worked my way up through hard work and support. Everyday is different and everyday you learn different aspects of the company.People within the company are fantastic and as a whole we all work as a team together which makes Telent the successful company it is today.
Pros
Progression is always available, Courses are always on offer to sign up to and always support from Manager/Directors
Cons
I have seen a lot of negative reviews on here but these are simplify people who do not want to work. I myself feel like it is a great place to work and the management are very flexible when it comes to starting or finishing early, even getting time off at very short notice. Working from home is great at the moment and it is making my home life a lot better. I can prepare a decent meal for the family during the day...my slow cooker may need to be renewed. The pay is ok but for what I do I cannot grumble. It is more than I got paid at my previous job doing a similar role. Senior managers although not always visible, which is understanding under the current situation but are always contactable and make things happen when needed. I could not ask for a better line manager or senior manager and the Director is crazy but in a great way. She is always looking to improve the work and social life balance. We are always in contact with the team daily and often have silly quiz and discussions on Teams. I would not want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Great people and job security
Cons
I am sure there are some but cant think of any
Have been contracting with Telent for 6 months now and i am very busy, just how i like it, involved in lots of different projects. Lots of very diverse technologies.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
non as yet
My role is to supervise and oversee the ground workers of our subcontractors/suppliers. I have to ensure they are working safely and using the correct signs and guarding as well as wearing the appropriate PPE. This isn't rocket science and they have all been on extensive courses to ensure they do things correctly. However, everyday is an argument and struggle to get these guys working safely. I am insulted, belittled and even threatened just for doing my job. I receive no support from my line managers as they have ÂŁ'acquired special relationships'ÂŁ with our suppliers and want to keep them on side. I am expected to take things on my chin, shut up and put up. Yet, telent tell the world that the care about the mental well being of their employees.
Pros
They will send your on courses and help with your development
Cons
A lot of travelling involved sometimes at very short notice
I ignored all the negative feedback and was successful in getting a role in this organisation. It has proved to be the biggest mistake of my working life. Everything bad that people have said about this company is 100% accurate. Since I started I have discovered from my colleagues that they haven't received pay rises for several years. This company wastes so many resources that they might as well just poor the money down the drain. The management here are appalling and negligent. As mentioned by other people I too have witnessed bullying, sexism, ageism, racism and nepotism. Everyone talks about it but very few people are willing to challenge what goes on. I am trapped here now until the Covid-19 situation eases but can't wait to get away as soon as I can. PLEASE AVOID THIS HORRENDOUS ORGANISATION.....
Pros
I got the job offer quite quickly after my interview. I felt very proud of my achievement.
Cons
I realise now that they will just take on anyone. So not such a great achievement after all.
Bullying, racism, sexism and nepotism are very prevalent in this company. Most of us tolerate this behaviour as we receive little or no support from our very poor and useless HR Team. They claim to promote good working practices and the mental well being of employees. However, from the HR Director right down to her idiotic minions they turn a blind eye and even allow some appalling behaviour by many out of control managers.
Pros
All the good gets forgotten about when there is so much bad
Cons
All the good gets forgotten about when there is so much bad
telent develop their staff well, challenge, coach and steer individuals to achieve their very best. Great direction, leadership and strategy. Supportive of staff, even during difficult times
I too loved my job and really enjoyed working at telent. I learnt a lot and I thought I would be there for many years to come. However, without any warning my team was disbanded. Even my immediate line managers did not know this would be happening. They tried to support us but were told by HR and other managers not to get involved. All this happened in the weeks before the Covid-19 lockdown. We asked to be kept on the books and be furloughed as per Government guidelines but were told by senior management this would not be possible. After all my hard work and years of loyal service I was thrown on the scrap heap. I only hope one day my other colleagues at telent never have to go through the sadness, heartache and disappointment that I felt in the end.
Pros
Met some fantastic people and did learn a lot
Cons
Poor managers, poor communication and no loyalty
i have been with the company 5 years now and i really do love it... i went into this job with little information knowing what they do to 5 years later knowing so much and being trained on multiple work streams, you honestly learn something new everyday... working from home during lockdown has been really fun with having everyone pulling together and making fun challenges... the management have always kept us informed of any updates and making our day as fun as possible during this hard time of the pandemic.
Pros
Cons
Nothing at all
  1. Employee reviews