Telent

Telent Employee Reviews

Diverse organisation with great development opportunities

Working for a Telent as a large diverse company brings lots of opportunity to learn different markets, products and services.Really high profile customers with really interesting projects and services.Telent compete against much larger organisations and can match on scale, but be much more agile and flexible. The team work which generates this is great to be part of.Telent has great development programs from entry level right through to senior management.

Pros

Personal development opportunities and variety of markets

Cons

Fast pace and continually changing to ensure right for the market. Not a negative, but not for everyone.

Great place to get started in project management

Great place to start a career in either project management or engineering. Essentially a great stepping stone to other things. Graduate scheme is good justs need to work on mentoring framework. Issue with telent is they would rather bring in new resources rather than develop or promote from within. Therefore you run the risk of stagnating. Hence the stepping stone comment.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Relies to readily on secret heroes stepping to pull them out of a hole

A job you can really enjoy

Since being at telent my responsibilities have got greater, a load of trust can be placed on you and job is really enjoyable. But the down side is the poor pay increases (of any) and the management is overlooked by higher management when bonus are discussed. But it is a job for life if you can cope with little pay rises and loads of work.

Pros

Good team work and enjoyable work

Cons

Poor pay reviews and bonus structures

Good work and benefits, poor workflow and task management

Work itself is straight forward and rewarding. Pay and benefits are good. Excellent training opportunities and support from company/management. Great work/life balance.Time management and work assignment processes are very poor despite constant feedback. I have gone periods without assigned work, despite there being work that needs doing, because management haven't assigned me the work yet (or don't want to due to politics).Pressure from management to book as many billable hours as possible on timesheets, but also lots of pressure from Project Managers to not book time to their projects. Silly system focussing on gaming the metrics rather than being honest about the work we do.

Pros

Work/Life balance, pay/benefits, job security

Cons

Work assignment process, time management process

A very very poor project based organisation.

Whether it is telecoms, rail or highways. They regularly fail to delivery important projects. It is the same poor performing Managing Directors and Senior Project Managers who move around from one failed project to another. They receive long service awards rather than be held to account. It is always the lowly Project Managers and Project Support staff who end up losing their jobs.

Pros

I wish I could say something nice but this is an awful company.

Cons

If other companies want to see how not to run an organisation then look at telent

Good place to work, good work life balance

A good company to work for and there are many avenues of progression available. Colleagues always willing to help. Light touch management approach. Always learning new things and training available

Don't expect any thanks or appreciation

I was working 50-60 hour weeks to hit targets and deliver demanding projects. I sacrificed value time with my family and friends out of loyalty to this company. However, when the project ended I was made redundant without a second thought. There was no thanks or appreciation for all my years of hard work. As mentioned by other reviewers just use this company as I step up to bigger and better things. However, always be on your guard and don't ever expect any loyalty.

Pros

I met some good people who have remained as friends

Cons

Poor HR and an even worst ICT teams. They are very lazy.

Great company that appreciates hard work

A great company with good opportunities for advancement. Ideas are listened to and they look after employees. They promote a work life balance and flexible working and have a balanced diverse workforce. Would recommend them to a friend.

Pros

Flexible, good pay, diverse, good management

Cons

Hours can be long

A warning to all potential new field agents and operatives

Our company vehicles have trackers, our mobile handheld devices have trackers and we now have a team of 'office numpties' also tracking whereabouts and scrutinising our completed worksheets. You will not be allowed to just get on with your job as you will be constantly watched and monitored all the time. Many good field staff have left or moved onto to better roles as they can no longer cope with the spying and lack of trust. If you value your sanity and wellbeing please avoid this awful and disrespectful organisation.

Pros

Was a great company under the leadership of our late CEO.

Cons

The new brand of leaders are destroying a once great company.

Not the best of employers and don't expect pay rises.

They are good at negotiating and winning new contracts because they undercut their competitors. However, this means their profit margins are low and there is never enough money to reward employees with pay rises. In the 8 years I worked here I received one small pay rise. The cost of living increased greatly each year but our wages didn't. I know of colleagues who skipped meals so that their kids could eat properly. telent don't care about the impact their actions have on their employees. They only care about the prestige of having high profile clients and contracts.

Pros

A good stepping stone company for better things once you leave.

Cons

You will struggle financially as pay rises are very rare.

The whole organisation is rotten to the core

I only stayed here for a few months but would like to share my personal experience. On my very first day the Receptionist was rude to me as I made a mistake and parked my car in the wrong place. HR were rubbish and gave me very little support as a new starter. The IT Team were rude and aggressive when I asked for help setting up my new mobile phone. Then I discovered to my dismay that my new colleagues were sneaky backstabbers who disliked each other and the management. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse I met the grumpy and whining Restaurant staff who didn't even have basic customer service skills. Thank goodness the cleaners were nice people.

Pros

The cleaning team were lovely people, always polite and friendly

Cons

A horrible company with lots of rude and angry people

Friendly and supportive environment

I have been welcomed into a project team and supported with my learning. The training management has supported me in any changes I wanted to make to my on the job training. Other departments have been happy to help with my learning, offering rotations into other areas. My work is split between two offices so there was a lot of travel, but working flexible times to offered to account for it. The transition into working from home was handled well within my business division.

Pros

Supportive and friendly culture.

Cons

Potential for a lot of travel between different offices.

Good company

Good company to start your career. The management is great and they care about their employees. Good training opportunities and you are encouraged to develop as a professional. You learn new skills every day and no two days are the same. You will have deadlines to meet but that will be the case at every company. Overall, good experience but it's still early days.

Pros

good training opportunities, support from management

Cons

A good companý overall to work for.

So far I have enjoyed my employment with telent. It has been varied and rewarding (received financial thank yous twice for doing a good job). Being able to operate and be tasked from home is very appealing.

Pros

Company car, laptop and phone. Good pension scheme.

Cons

None to think of.

Productive & Friendly workplace

The job role is fun as there is always something to do, there is a lot of self study involved when it comes to learning qualifications which can be quite tiresome but it is worth the time as its free.

Pros

-great career progression

Cons

-Apprenticeship course could have been handled better.

Good stepping stone company

Telent are a good company to learn, also they pay not bad for someone who is starting out and wanting to learn new skills, there very patient and helpful when it comes to training new engineers. Downside, after you've learnt and developed the required skills, its not easy to progress unless your tight with management. Basically you could be there for 15 years, someone could be there for 1 year with less skills than you and be promoted to your manager in your face, this is not what I've heard it's what I've seen.I speak for the rail department, different departments have different managements and are almost like a different company within the company.But overall I am very thankful for Telent as I would not be where I am today without them.

I am still traumatized by the bullying and it has affected my confidence

I worked for Infrastructure Services for 7 years and left in 2019. I had a national role so dealt with teams in Basildon, Chorley and Warwick. My colleagues and I witnessed and experienced racism, ageism, sexism and a lot of nepotism. We were bullied, told off and spoken down to on a regular basis. This become normal and acceptable behaviour by our Regional Directors, Senior Project Managers, Programme Managers, Support Managers, Supplier Managers and especially the Team Leaders. A massive fear factor was created within the business. I left this company 12 months ago but I am still traumatized. It definitely affected my confidence and belief in myself which only now I am regaining with the help of my amazing new employer. telent should be ashamed of itself for not doing more to protect its long suffering employees. People's mental health and well being is damaged. It can take months even years to recover and I am proof of that.

Pros

Good training courses and the pay was great.

Cons

A very weak HR Team who allow some shocking behaviours....

Horrible place to work now

Back biting and disrespect has become normal behavior in this company. It has been 12 months since we lost our much loved former CEO and things just aren't same. He would be so upset if he could see what is happening to his beloved company. Staff have become complacent and aren't willing to help each other anymore. We have horrible managers, directors and HR department. Please spare your self the disappointment and do not apply for a job at telent.

Pros

Sorry but I am too disappointed and let down to mention any.

Cons

Horrible managers, directors and HR department

A once great company that is losing its way

I have worked here for over 10 years and this was once a great company to work for. I was very really proud to say that was part of telent. However, in the last 12 months in particular something has been lost. We have a new breed of leaders/managers/directors who have created mistrust and divisions. If you are not part of a gang or a select elite few, you are overlooked and treated as outsiders. Many colleagues have not been pulling their weight whilst working from home during lockdown. It takes much longer now to achieve anything which is frustrating as I have demanding clients to answer to.

Pros

I have stayed for 10 years as this used to be a great place to work.

Cons

The new breed of leaders/managers/directors are destroying this company.

Great Company and very supportive

Been working for Telent for 6 years now and I still enjoy everyday as I did the first day I started. Management are always happy to help and support you. Telent has a great culture which to me makes this company a great place to work. I started of as a CSO and have worked my way up through hard work and support. Everyday is different and everyday you learn different aspects of the company.People within the company are fantastic and as a whole we all work as a team together which makes Telent the successful company it is today.

Pros

Progression is always available, Courses are always on offer to sign up to and always support from Manager/Directors

Cons

I have seen a lot of negative reviews on here but these are simplify people who do not want to work. I myself feel like it is a great place to work and the management are very flexible when it comes to starting or finishing early, even getting time off at very short notice. Working from home is great at the moment and it is making my home life a lot better. I can prepare a decent meal for the family during the day...my slow cooker may need to be renewed. The pay is ok but for what I do I cannot grumble. It is more than I got paid at my previous job doing a similar role. Senior managers although not always visible, which is understanding under the current situation but are always contactable and make things happen when needed. I could not ask for a better line manager or senior manager and the Director is crazy but in a great way. She is always looking to improve the work and social life balance. We are always in contact with the team daily and often have silly quiz and discussions on Teams. I would not want to work anywhere else.

Pros

Great people and job security

Cons

I am sure there are some but cant think of any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telent. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare Telent with

• Telent
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?