TELFORD & WREKIN COUNCIL

TELFORD & WREKIN COUNCIL Employee Reviews

competative

busy kitchen, cooking skills, making sure food is prepped and out on time, serving the children, coming in and enjoying what you do, being busy, washing up

Great job but never secure.

I greatly enjoyed my job as a Healthy Lifestyle Advisor and was told by clients and colleagues that I was excellent and a natural at the job. Sadly, my face didn't fit. When the yearly restructure occurred; I was made redundant, along with other competent staff. We were replaced by people within the council who never had any previous experience of the role.

Pros

Good rapport and satisfied clients.

Cons

Poor pay. carrying heavy loads. Lack of training.

Good work/life balance

Good work/life balance especially in the current climate. Immediate line managers are good but don't really fight the cause. Senior managers preach one aspect and deliver the opposite. Councillors too much power and influence and should let officers/team leaders get on with the job they are paid to do and specialise in. Not a dreadful place to work, but certainly wouldn't recommend

Pros

relaxed, work/life balance, some very good people

Cons

Smt, Councilors, People afraid to speak up against the institution

Tedious

arrive, attempt to make the computer work, fill in yesterdays hours, fill in jwhat you were doing last week. Log in to the work tracker. have a meeting with your line managers. Explain that the work you were given doesn't make sense because the person who set it doesn't understand your job or your clients. Bureaucratic, tedious, hierarchical, customers were good, lots of spreadsheets, lots of on-line training, bullying culture.

Great Fun

Really enjoy teaching Bikeability. Have to go out in all weathers. Lovely to see children progress and make them aware of hazards on their bike but also to enjoy it

Hard work in short space of time

I loved my school job had was hard going but we had a good team Got a lot of satisfaction knowing school was clean ed to a good standard good staff relationship

Political. Cliquey. Friendly staff, uncaring Managers.

Operating under difficult financial circumstances. However no excuse for treating staff as a commodity only. Little care for staff if it doesn't meet their needs. Thankfully Pension is reasonable.

Average

Hardest part of the job is constant reduction in funding and serving the same amount of customers. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping people within our community

Pros

Helping the disadvantaged

Cons

Government cuts

Lots of clics with no career advancement or development whatsoever

If you are in the "in" crowd or really good at brown-nosing the boss you will do fine , but for everyone else this employer has become a joke since austerity kicked in. There is absolutely no career development or planned advancement for staff whatsoever - annual performance reviews do not take place, it's been over 5 years now since I had one. Work life balance is ok to a point and there are options to work from home but this comes with having to put up with the constant bickering, back-stabbing and plotting behind your back Management are hit and miss, some are good, some think they are god reincarnated with the ego to match.

Pros

Can work from home occasionally

Cons

Brown-nosing galore, clics, backstabbing

The salary should reflect the work requirements

The salary should reflect the role requirements which I do not think it does. A business is only as good as the service it offers, and the people that deliver that service require appropriate support and management.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TELFORD & WREKIN COUNCIL?

Productive fun

Throughly enjoyed working through Telford and wrekin council doing the job I did.I felt like a valued member of staff where I worked and training within the setting that was provided was exceptional.the support provided by the council for employees was good and they were easily approachable if there were any matters that had to be resolved.I would have carried on working for the council as long as possible if my personal circumstances hadn'the changed and I hadn'the moved out of telford.

Pros

Fitted in with working parents

Cons

Salary on the low side

It is ok

It is an ok place to work. Friendly people and plenty to do. Difficult to get out of once you settle in as there are decent benefits of working there. Equally there are downsides and some people can't be trusted. Overall an ok place to work.

Pros

Flexi hours

Cons

Lack of support and mentoring

can be tedius

they can be good to work for as you get great benefits such as the pay and holidays but it is hard to get in the jib and sometimes can be controlled too much by bosses you never see.

Healthy staff environment and job security

Id deal with customers for the car park, fixed the Ski Data machines regularly, cleaning of local public areas as well as south water one and other business`s on the south water site. There were many courses available to all staff which helped with all aspects of life but mainly work based learning. Management were always available for support with troubleshooting issues with the car park and south water site as a whole. The hardest part of the job was how you are spoken to by customers at times, and at the time the pay structure was not sufficient for the amount of pressure and work you had to do most of the time. The staff were the best part of the job to which i have a few friends for life from this position.

Pros

Training, progression within the company and job security

Cons

wage for particular position

Poor

Poor management, lack of confidence with the staff, hours were not tracked properly, wages were incorrect most weeks, no follow ups on complaints or issues

Pros

Set hours

Cons

As above

Great place to work staff always friendly and ready to help

Telford & Wrekin Council was one of the best places I have ever worked. Management were always ready to help and give advice and direction when needed. The staff were amazing great people to work with. friendly, outgoing, knowledgeable and all round great people to work with.

Pros

Training in latest customer service techniques, friendly and relaxed enviroment

Cons

Budget cuts and restructures

No complaints

The small team I worked with were lovely. Never had to deal with anyone higher up. It was a busy environment as we served school meals but enjoyable. The head cook was very approachable and helpful as were co-workers

Pros

School holidays off

Rewarding and feeling appreciated

Working at The Bridge School each day is different with the variety of duties with the supporting role to both the pupils and the teacher, being a key assistant to the school and building a professional relationship with the pupils,parents and carers.My role will see me currently based in the primary phase of the school working with children with special needs,for this I will see the development of the pupils with education whilst ensuring that their health and safety is through out of the day remains a priority.I have worked at The Bridge School for 8 years in which in that time I have learned the importance of confidentiality in my workplace for the duties that I complete on a daily basis with this to maintain a trusting and secured personal and professional relationship.In this time I have learned the importance of working in a team as well as being fully capable of working on an individual basis.The management over the course of 8 years have been very supportive in my progression at work, the teachers and senior managers have helped insure that I have been fully trained on all the roles I complete at school. The culture that I work in brings out personality,drives engagement and shows the importance of strong leadership and working environment.In my time working at The Bridge School the hardest part of the job would be at times the physical side to the role that I am involved in. I fully enjoy working as a teacher assistant working with the children and supporting them in every task and helping with their development,seeing such happiness on a daily basis and building a -

Pros

Working with amazing people

Cons

Physical side to the job

A Great Place To Work

T&W is a forward thinking Council that is pro-active in meeting its targets set by Government. Unfortunately in recent years these cuts are becoming greater and long term security and salaries are being affected dramatically.

Pros

Flexi time

Cons

Restructures in public sector due to cuts

False job ads

Not professional as expected to be. False job advert just to get candidates. Time wasting bad time keeping for interviewing.

Cons

fake job ads

not so good

Not great management, took advantage of lower paid staff to do Christmas shifts which I wouldn't be bothered about but on my contract it stated I would have these off work. Salary very low.

Pros

good collegues

Cons

management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELFORD & WREKIN COUNCIL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

TELFORD & WREKIN COUNCIL Reviews by Location

• TELFORD & WREKIN COUNCIL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?