Tenet Group

Tenet Group Employee Reviews

- Poor pay in comparison to similar job's elsewhere. - Used the covid situation to make a quick buck cutting staff not actually thinking how it would effect teams overloading people with work'- Always the same individuals celebrated, lower paid members of staff who work hard are treated like robots.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Poor Pay
CEO has no idea on how to run a FS firm. People don't talk to each otherRidiculous senior leadership team who don't listen to anyone and just do things their way way too risk adverse and not willing to listen to junior management. Conform or leave viewpoint for clientsPoor outcomes all roundPoor pay for what you're expected to do Grass is definitely greener on the other side. No heads up when company started to struggle due to COVID and employees selected for redundancy
I was employed at Aspire for 18 months and really enjoyed my time there the management was really supportive and made you feel valued. Sadly after about a year the management changed once that happened things started go wrong with my manager living on Bristol and I was based in Northampton there was not any support. I was asked to train someone to support me who was based in Leeds at that time I was concerned that I was being replaced I was assured and that my job was safe, then in February I was called in to an office and told I had two options either be made redundant or move to Leeds. I was not even offered the job I was doing in Northampton but told that I could apply for a job they have available. I felt very hurt and all the hard work that I had done was not appreciated.
My time at tenet was overall very disappointing, management obviously favour certain employees and give any opportunities to them whilst ignoring those who work hard and ask for any form of development. The company as a whole do not stick to their own core values and lead employees on by telling us the company was doing fine when covid first hit to then announce a mass redundancy a couple months later.Redundancy process was also very poor, cold and disorganised and therefore the teams saw a lot of hard working people leave.There is a massive lack of progression as you are basically waiting for senior management to leave the business and likelihood of moving department is low.The admin role I was in was a ok entry role but I’m actually quite glad I’ve moved on from the company now.
Pros
Hour lunch, free parking (however this is limited to the car park being tiny)
Cons
Poor management, lack of eating facilities, poor pay
I began working for Tenet when they were called M&E network. I'm retired now and can honestly say they are the worst employers I have ever known. Some of my colleagues were genuinely good decent people who were taken advantage of at every turn. This company has links to some highly undesirable operations, rich for a financial services company.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Untrustworthy
When I first started here I was very welcomed nice team members and enjoyed working there. Even tho there was hardly any challenging work. When covid hit in February everything changed. My dream of WFH came true and I worked more harder and motivated than ever. But unfortunately they mislead you by saying we were fine as a company, but really went against there values of honesty and customer service and made the bottom end people who were making less money redundant, while creating new jobs where it was double the salaryI felt ashamed hurt and sad that a company where, I enjoyed working asked for more work and did whatever I could did that to me. The redundancy process was cold strange and a horrible process where it felt you did wrong and that I was bottom of the list. The favouritism and biasedness showed that they are against every value possible, and they didn't appreciate enough to keep you on or sought a temporary solution. This job was great all rounder for me and it was taken away. I suffer anxiety at my new job now and I do blame majority of tenet. I hope they are happy they did this to people and I don't wish them any luck. My advice don't work here unless your working over ÂŁ30,000 where your safe and kushy in your position.
Pros
1 hour Lunch break some nice people depends what team
Cons
Left alone to figure yourself, not much support, when time came for redundancy, it was cold bitter process and didn't feel supported, could have kept people on where they are advertising ÂŁ65000 salary for some job, which could have saved 4 to 5 people. Greedy, Biased managers, and heads. Favouritism, .
On the surface the company makes the right noises- e.g great core values that are everywhere around the building but management do not practice what they preach. Strategy is poor and the decisions made mean they are losing clients and revenue which will mean more redundancies and those clients that remain will receive a worse experience.
Pros
Lots of good people that work there
Cons
Management, lack of leadership, Hr, strategy, don’t listen to the voice of the customer
During my time at Tenet, the most important thing seemed to be upholding its outgoing social culture, there are lots of internal events & most of these are focused around drinking culture - great if you like this sort of thing. Felt incredibly clicky and the same few individuals were always celebrated, whilst lower leveled staff were forgotten about, underpaid and given the heaviest workloads. I didn't have much support, not many people knew how to help me with my job & I felt like any questions i was asking were a nuisance. Training lasted a few days and was cut short due to being short staffed and was told 'being thrown in at the deep end is the best way to learn'. No encouragement to progress as there is nowhere to progress to until someone higher up leaves. The best thing about working at Tenet was the 1 hour lunch breaks and 9-5 hours. However cafeteria facilities were poor so most people tended to sit at their desks and eat during this hour.
The work load at Tenet grows and grows, and the promises of management to recruit never come to fruition. Instead you will see your workload increase while they tell you you are paid fairly, despite seeing roles in your area doing less and paying more.
Pros
Lower level colleagues try and help
Cons
Senior management don't care
The management are not supportive. Initial training given is rushed and not maintained after signed off as competent. Very clicky, if your face fits then you’ll be ok. Strict 9-5 working hours. HR and senior management do not care about your well being. All they are only interested in are hitting targets. Look elsewhere.
Pros
Monday-Friday work
Cons
Hr, line manager and senior management
I just don’t believe the initial pay reflects how hard people work and how stressful the job itself can be. However the people in the company are nice.
Long hours and lots of work put onto one person. stressful.
I've worked for Tenet for over 5 years and have seen a lot of changes in that time but the business is in a really good place. Communication has improved greatly and there is a very clear defined strategy and vision which enables everyone to see the part they play. Hard work is rewarded via a fair and robust appraisal system which enables those who push to achieve above and beyond to be recognised via the bonus and pay structure. I've worked for a number of companies and some big names amongst those and Tenet rates as one of the better ones I've worked for.
Pros
Peformance based rewards, forward thinking, culture
Cons
Location, at times trying to achieve too much simultaneously
Shocking company to work for. They don’t care about their staff, all employee’s are just another number to them and in certain departments (Aspire) everyone is fed up with it. Management don’t have a clue most of the time. You are not armed with any support from management or anyone senior. They love to favourite members of staff and make that very clear. Salaries are an absolutely joke, you get paid a bag of peanuts for the amount of dedication, stress and number of tasks you have to do. They do not appreciate their staff one bit. Avoid at all costs. 6 members of staff have left 1 department in the past 6 months, that speaks volumes.
Pros
Lunch vans, location, relationships with the advisers
Cons
Salaries, management, support, training, work load
Worst company to work for. Unfortunately this company is not loyal to the hard work of their staff. This means there is no progression available. The management skills are undesirable and often have individuals who are not adequate in regards to managing their staff. This meant a lot of picking up after managers in order to keep the company appearance. Highly recommend not to work here if your desire is be valued and to progress within yourself.
its a nice place if your in the correct department with the correct manager, the benefits are good. you may struggle to move up and progress, overall quite good
The days were very much the same, with little to no variation, but it was still a pleasant job with pleasant colleagues. I furthered my organisation skills, as well as my telephone manner, time keeping skills, and increased my ability to handle problems. Co-workers on a whole were lovely people, and were often willing to help as much as they could. The hardest part of the job was the travel and the same routine day in and day out. It could be very draining, and very under stimulating. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the people, and work events that occasionally took place.
Pros
Lovely co-workers, plenty of support, clear job description.
Cons
Long travel times, low wages, same routine.
A customer focused company with high service standards and a good regulatory record. Tenet established itself a market leader and has recently risen to the 4th largest provider of retail financial services in the UK. Whilst there I learned how to grow a business successfully, manage a diverse business and gain the confidence of investors. The original management team was very committed and respected. The hardest part of the job was to refinance the venture capital investor (which was done successfully) and the most enjoyable was to provide secure futures for a growing work force.
Pros
Highly entrepreneurial
Cons
A highly regulated industry
I supervise a variety of advisers, at all levels of competence and authorisation (Investment and Mortgages), along with having responsibility for the T&C Scheme and management information
My current role entails visiting IFA's and Mortgage brokers within the Tenet group in the Leeds area.I'm bases from home in Formby so my role involves alot of travelling the most enjoyable part of the role is helping advisers develop their business the hardest part is the travelling which I find unproductive.I have an excellant manager who leads from the front but unfortunately geography isn't his strong point. Most of my co workers are helpful though the role is quite solitary and I'm lloking to change that so I can have more interaction
Pros
self managed
Cons
long distances travelling